Post your Speedtest results

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
This won't matter much, it depends how much they are allocating. Most likely it will remain the same.. Also, Optical Fibers are way too fragile, a small bend and it will crack. I too thought optical fibre was a better way until I accidentally snapped mine while attaching it to wall..RJ45 is best.
Then Friend,you suggest me to stick to ALLIANCE Broadband(Truly Unlimited)?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
*www.speedtest.net/result/8731716748.png

Didn't know LAN at our Library is this quick. Took me almost 2 years to "discover" this

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speedtest Windows Program sucks - no way to select servers manually other than which are listed .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wifi :
*www.speedtest.net/result/8767121422.png

Ethertnet:
*www.speedtest.net/result/8767127686.png

kg11sgbg

@topgear , you see a funny fact.
In wifi mode the bandwidth is slightly more than in ethernet mode of ALLIANCE BROADBAND.
Actually the reverse would had been much true.
Upload speeds remain equal for both cases!!!!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Friends,

I had been using BSNL broadband since 2013 and currently paying Rs.1061 (including GST) for 10mbps unltd connection. With the new fibre optic broadband plans, I want to switch. Should I continue using BSNL by changing to their FTTH plans or switch to Alliance broadband?

Any feedback?

I was a alliance broadband customer from 2007 to 2013 but did not continue as I was fed up with very poor customer service and continuous downtimes (~2 weeks every month during the last few months) in my area. A slight storm or rain and the connection got disconnected. Then I had to do continuous follow ups with the local operator, they are very unprofessional and took ages to restore the service.

Now BSNL speed is also pathetic in my present plan. Although they promise upto 10mbps, i barely get 1-2 mbps.

Appreciate your valuable advice. I am from Kolkata.

Thanks.

kg11sgbg

Friends,

I had been using BSNL broadband since 2013 and currently paying Rs.1061 (including GST) for 10mbps unltd connection. With the new fibre optic broadband plans, I want to switch. Should I continue using BSNL by changing to their FTTH plans or switch to Alliance broadband?

Any feedback?

I was a alliance broadband customer from 2007 to 2013 but did not continue as I was fed up with very poor customer service and continuous downtimes (~2 weeks every month during the last few months) in my area. A slight storm or rain and the connection got disconnected. Then I had to do continuous follow ups with the local operator, they are very unprofessional and took ages to restore the service.

Now BSNL speed is also pathetic in my present plan. Although they promise upto 10mbps, i barely get 1-2 mbps.

Appreciate your valuable advice. I am from Kolkata.

Thanks.
Where do you stay in Kolkata? I mean at which area?
Now presently ALLIANCE Broadband had come a long way in improving their servers and bandwidth issues. THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS IMPECCABLY THE BEST I HAD EXPERIENCED TILL NOW.
They have revamped up their infrastructure due to stiff competition and the (Breadth on their Neck-Bengali proverb) looming presence by Jio GigaFiber launch.

In fact I believe BSNL will also improve after they are restructured with few employees and modern machinery. But I think,that might take a couple of year or may be three.

You could switch to ALLIANCE, if you desire. You may also choose Meghbela Broadband or Hathway if their presence are on your area(THROUGH LOCAL CABLE HUB).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Where do you stay in Kolkata? I mean at which area?
Now presently ALLIANCE Broadband had come a long way in improving their servers and bandwidth issues. THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS IMPECCABLY THE BEST I HAD EXPERIENCED TILL NOW.
They have revamped up their infrastructure due to stiff competition and the (Breadth on their Neck-Bengali proverb) looming presence by Jio GigaFiber launch.

In fact I believe BSNL will also improve after they are restructured with few employees and modern machinery. But I think,that might take a couple of year or may be three.

You could switch to ALLIANCE, if you desire. You may also choose Meghbela Broadband or Hathway if their presence are on your area(THROUGH LOCAL CABLE HUB).
No don't go with Hathway BB because they say unlimited but offer 20GB FUP per day which is sad.

Yes, this is what I was saying that to give BSNL BFB another chance maybe after restructuring things might improve.

If BSNL is shot then only monopoly reigns.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

kg11sgbg

No don't go with Hathway BB because they say unlimited but offer 20GB FUP per day which is sad.

Yes, this is what I was saying that to give BSNL BFB another chance maybe after restructuring things might improve.

If BSNL is shot then only monopoly reigns.

Read recently that Govt. of India will ensure a 3+1 player aspect in Telecommunication sector.
3 - Private :---> JiO, Airtel and Vodafone+Idea
1 - Public(Govt. undertaking) :---> BSNL+MTNL merged/combined.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read recently that Govt. of India will ensure a 3+1 player aspect in Telecommunication sector.
Telecommunication is not equal to broadband.e.g.there are many small time cable ISPs in metro/tier 1 cities offering 50-100mbps unlimited no fup plans for less than 1000/month by reselling bandwidth bought from tier 1 ISPs.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
BSNL should be merged with Airtel- Vodaphone.
What a combination it would become
Private + Govt partnership

Like Gasoline industry in Russia.

Top Bottom