Post your latest Purchase

ajayritik

Technomancer
best would be buying verbatim 10-disk spindle ones from flipkart, they are probably available in snapdeal too, check before buying.

Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5 GB 8X - 50PK Spindle | Blank Media | Flipkart.com

Verbatim DVD+R DL (8.5GB) 10 Pack Spindle | Blank Media | Flipkart.com
I bought one of these from snapdeal for a lesser price infact.I think the 10 disk one costed me Rs 400.

arguably, 'national' DL-DVDs are the most widely available cheap units. i think they are manufactured by either moser baer or panasonic, surely one of these two. there's another brand that produces cheap and good DL-DVDs, but not able to recall the name right now (some very rosy and feminine name). and yes, national single/dual layer DVDs are very good as cheap alternatives. ofcourse you should use them if you don't have to deal in really important data storage (and it doesn't seem so by your query :p )

price of these DVDs varies from 19-20/- INR per piece, and can vary according to location. now comes in pink colour. i have been using 'national' single and dual layered DVDs for a long time now (like many other people) and am quite satisfied for my usage needs. recommended from my side :thumbs:
This is what I was looking out for. Unfortunately when I checked out at the computer market in our city. Nobody was having this National Disks. one guy had it but was not selling it loose.He was selling 50 disks for Rs 1000. I don't need that much.
And yes the data is not so important. For the important stuff I have the Verbatim with me.

nationals can retain data in perfect condition for more than 5 years ? i had used some writex & frontech single layer DVDs in 2006-2007, but now a lot the the files i find got corrupted, even though i stored them in dry and dark conditions and used only occasionally. :evil:

ajay had asked for cheap DVDs, which most probably means he isn't looking for really long-term storage of some 'important' data. kept well and cared for, these DVDs could easily accompany you for 3-4 yrs, or may be more :rolleyes:
for a time-extent that goes beyond even 5 yrs, i myself would tend to be on a saner and safer side, and ditch even some verbatims for an HDD. by the way quite many of my SL national DVDs written in 2005-2006 are still working fine, ofcourse though not all (which died due to long-term non-usage/belligerent storage conditions).

P.S. - just recalled two other brands of cheap DL-DVDs - 'melody' and 'rainbow' :p

rainbow reminded me :mad: only once I bought cheap DL DVD and that was from rainbow... I bought say 5-10 DVD's and not a single worked ... could not even write it long term lol short term storage is a long thought

from there on-wards I only prefer Moserbaer which is reasonable and reliable

DVD Rs 10 for single disc
DL dvd for RS 40-50
Sony and Moser baer ones are available for Rs 50 and Rs 80.
lol....my 2-yr old rainbows are working flawlessly. but yes, their failure rates were unusually higher. i specifically remember sacrificing many of them on the trash-altar with grim feelings. though i don't find them in the market now (not easily available now, may be for good). but with nationals around, there's absolutely no worry ;)
moser baer absolutely don't work for my usage (non-pc), but for pc stuff they are better.
and recalled yet another cheap DL-DVD - Arita (or something like that) :D

but anyway, for cheap alternatives for DL-DVDs that you would be requiring frequently and not just occasionally, and in large no. (50-100 each time), and that you won't be paying that kind of attention to as you do to your electricity bills, 'national' holds more than good, being manufactured by moser baer itself or panasonic (with instances of burn-failure with me, for pc purposes, that could be well counted on the tips of just 2 fingers), ofcourse if one doesn't want to spend more ;)
Where are you from?
little mystery is better :p anyway why DL cost has not came down.. In my city I can not find any cheap DL at all.. .and yes National is Good have used lot of CD's (yes it was way back) then shifted to moserbaer and am really happy with it..
And you are from?
yeah the cost of DL-DVDs hasn't come down, but shot up! i used to buy those national DL-DVDs, a pack of 2-50 each time for 15/- per piece, but now i have to pay by the rate of 19/- per piece, whereas SL-DVDs more or less cost the same as earlier. sad :(
you could get those DVDs from an online seller based in delhi, and present on techenclave (don't remember his name....i think its 'dvdstoredelhi'. he's on ebay too, and also has a website of his own). but since a lot time i am seeing his DL-DVD thread on TE lying dormant with minimum activity. even ebay, etc now rarely list national DL-DVDs, whereas earlier i had to choose which seller is selling for the cheapest on ebay....hehe....don't the reason for this current trend. you could try though with small street-side shops in the computer-market of your city. these guys usually do stock national and other cheaper brands of DVDs.
I read the same thing about the techenclave and after lot of research on the net had to go for the Snapdeal offer

lol an example.. here in my city either you buy moserbaer CD or DVD both cost Rs 10
It's almost the same here.
:shock: is desh ka kya hoga?!
but indore is experiencing better climes it seems :D
CD=Rs 10 and DVD=Rs 12. My uncle who doesn't know much about the difference ended up buying blank CD. I guess he is more into CD stuff.

techbulb

eUREKA...
reebok avengers whole set
*i47.tinypic.com/2wexb3a.jpg
my small brother bought the whole set from flipkart for 179x4
and I also bought 3xtshirts,2xsandals ,and 2xflip flops from yebhi.com and applied of coupon of 2000 rs discount

Last edited:

aaruni

The Linux Guy
arguably, 'national' DL-DVDs are the most widely available cheap units. i think they are manufactured by either moser baer or panasonic, surely one of these two. there's another brand that produces cheap and good DL-DVDs, but not able to recall the name right now (some very rosy and feminine name). and yes, national single/dual layer DVDs are very good as cheap alternatives. ofcourse you should use them if you don't have to deal in really important data storage (and it doesn't seem so by your query :p )

price of these DVDs varies from 19-20/- INR per piece, and can vary according to location. now comes in pink colour. i have been using 'national' single and dual layered DVDs for a long time now (like many other people) and am quite satisfied for my usage needs. recommended from my side :thumbs:

Any idea as to from where i might get my hands on them in B'lore?

clmlbx

Technomancer
Sony and Moser baer ones are available for Rs 50 and Rs 80.

And you are from?

It's almost the same here.

moserbaer cost Rs 50 at best and I have bought it for Rs 45 once.. and heard some one bought it for Rs 35 must be bargain King .. frankly speaking I am worst at Bargaining..

I don't use verbatium, I am very happy with verbatium, moserbaer DVD cost Rs 10 even when you buy some disc and not cake...where verbatium is costly

And I am from Indore.. as written below my avatar

I buy DL disc only for games and some apps which are too big to fit on DVD.

har

In the zone
Got Core Python Programming by Wesley Chun from HomeShop18 today-Rs 543 :-D

*i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj525/har777/IMG_00000130.jpg

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
Here my latest purchase is the Samsung Water Proof, Shock Proof, Magnet Proof 16GB Class 6 micro SD card with the Card reader (Rs 529 from Tradus)

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman together with Headphone is today 1 month old (Rs 13,500 from local shop).

The Amzer branded back silicone cover is 4 day old (Rs 380 from flipkart)

*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/1phone.jpg

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ ajayritik - am from mumbai. since you don't need discs in bulk, better to stay with moser baer then.

Any idea as to from where i might get my hands on them in B'lore?

sorry, you will have to search the computer-market there (give golchhaIT a try). or better, get some idea from sarath

congrats shivam, techbulb (online apparel shopping has caught up well with users. i need to match pace with the trend now), har, starfire, bubusam!

Gollum

Collector
Here my latest purchase is the Samsung Water Proof, Shock Proof, Magnet Proof 16GB Class 6 micro SD card with the Card reader (Rs 529 from Tradus)

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman together with Headphone is today 1 month old (Rs 13,500 from local shop).

The Amzer branded back silicone cover is 4 day old (Rs 380 from flipkart)

*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/1phone.jpg

Hey, which headphone is that?

lucky_chouhan

Broken In
Buy Verbtim dvd from flipkart.com

Order Date 12-Jun-2012
Item- Verbatim 50 Pcs. Blank DVD -R

Received 19-Jun-2012
Rs. 641
Cash on Delivery..

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Ok, guys here is list what I bought in Last couple of Weeks.

Sony Live with walkman 13K
scratch guard Rs 80
silicon back cover 100
samsung class 6 Mico SD card 8GB for Rs 575(billed amount)+60(shipping)=635-5%(discount coupon)=604 My first online purchase.. bought from ebay.
sony 8GB Pen drive Rs 350
External Hard-disk cover Rs 120
Nilkamal Mayor High Back chair Rs 4K 5K
"Design to Print" Book 1.6K
Logitech mouse Mouse M100 Rs 350

Here are some pics , most are of empty boxes as I did not had time to shoot when I bought it.

*i50.tinypic.com/2112aes.jpg *i45.tinypic.com/2cqbjud.jpg

*i46.tinypic.com/3492scw.jpg *i50.tinypic.com/2cpq5ux.jpg

*i49.tinypic.com/hsuzno.jpg *i50.tinypic.com/14e2u87.jpg

*i49.tinypic.com/293x6cg.jpg *i45.tinypic.com/esti05.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/6r7hia.jpg *i46.tinypic.com/2h879ds.jpg

*i50.tinypic.com/2gxl0sm.jpg

FYI this pics are from Sony live walkman Just re-sized them for upload

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

scratch guard Rs 80
silicon back cover 100
samsung class 6 Mico SD card 8GB for Rs 575(billed amount)+60(shipping)=635-5%(discount coupon)=604 My first online purchase.. bought from ebay.
Extarnal Hard-disk cover Rs 120
Nilkamal Mayor High Back chair Rs 4K

Here are some pics , most are of empty boxes as I did not had time to shoot when I bought it.

congrats clmlbx! the chair looks great! and the pics from walkman are also crisp.

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ ajayritik - am from mumbai. since you don't need discs in bulk, better to stay with moser baer then.
I don't mind 5-10 discs. Also I'm getting Verbatim for lesser price than Moser Baer so I will prefer Verbatim for now.

scratch guard Rs 80
silicon back cover 100
External Hard-disk cover Rs 120
Nilkamal Mayor High Back chair Rs 4K 5K

Congrats climbx even I was planning to buy an external HDD cover for my WD Essentials.

Top Bottom