Post your latest Purchase

Sarath

iDota
actually, the 500 series does fine with MP3 256k and WMA 192k. they only have 50 ohms impedence, so they dont need amps also.

I made a typo in my previous post- 558 and not 598 is available for 8.5k.

Sarath, you would be wasting money if you go for the siberia now and switch later. get the good stuff now and later wen you get soundcard, it will be more enjoyable. its not your money, but your parents money. they work hard so you may enjoy, so dont waste it like this.

BTW I am going to use onboard audio chip with the 558.

Ok your words of wisdom touch my heart. :)
Although I am paying it entirely with my pocket money (ofcourse parent's money in my pocket). So I though the siberia will offer me good value for money. Especially when I am investing the rest on Monster Turbine IEMs which are 8k. I though one audiophile grade phones will be enough.

An extra set of headphones can be used with my brother or friends during those midnight PS3 duels or our lappies. They wont be wasted in any way.

I would have gone for the 558 if it were still 7500odd bucks. 9000 is something my mind doesn't allow me to consider.

Anyhow when are your 558s coming? I would like to see how they fare. What will you be comparing them with? Any other set of phones in your arsenal?

Planning on getting a dedicated sound card?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
ok, the 558 is available for 8.5k at infibeam, which is 1k more.

if you spend on siberia, you will waste money. instead add that to get better headphones.

Spending on the IEMs is well and good (i loathe them as they hurt my ears), but no need of a third pair (assuming you are buying both a siberia and another pair of cans).

The problem with quality audio is that once you listen to something that sounds great, you dont want to go back to the inferior one you have. So your siberia will rot away, because I doubt that you will play with your bro/friends every few days.

I have an HD 380 Pro(brother's), and an HD 435(aged in only a year and a half) to compare with.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
RE272
~12k from headdirect

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6090/6044991423_d59cca1fb3_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6075/6045542506_428d97ef7e_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6208/6044994343_09946bfd33_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6208/6044994343_09946bfd33_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6083/6045545736_0bac841fa2_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6188/6044997787_fc9d0995d2_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6044999213_bc38fdf431_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6086/6045550378_07fa7eb343_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6061/6045551746_dbec4723f3_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6089/6045553032_e2fc97ac72_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6065/6045006879_464cf2c88e_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6185/6045011121_a8ee112f88_z.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
1. TRS extension cable
2. TRRS extension cable
3. TRS extension cable (channel reversed for over the ear use)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Now what are TRS and TRRS?

*img.tfd.com/cde/TRRS.GIF

TRRS is a balanced plug. Should bring out the max out of your earphone when used with compatible source.

Thanks guys :)

Wow congrats. So this is what was coming. How do they sound?

It's been a weeks time and the sound signature has changed so beautifully. Soundstage is just awesome. Listening to any other IEM of mine is not fun anymore, they sound so one dimensionally.

Instrument separation is quite discerning and you can actually focus on a particular instrument.

Bass has become much better after burn in, it's not punchy but tight and deep. Music doesn't get overpowered by Bass, the way I like it.

Treble is where things get so much exciting. It's crystal clear.

I can notice sounds which were barely noticeable before. One downside is that all low bitrate (equal and below 192) sounds not that good and it really brings out the minor crackles and noise in the music if the file is not properly encoded.

A good fit is a must to get the best sound. I have tried different buds. Soft biflange was good but not comfortable for long hours. Settled to medium sized olives as they provide better seal and no fatigue at all.

Sarath

iDota
It's been a weeks time and the sound signature has changed so beautifully. Soundstage is just awesome. Listening to any other IEM of mine is not fun anymore, they sound so one dimensionally.

Instrument separation is quite discerning and you can actually focus on a particular instrument.

Bass has become much better after burn in, it's not punchy but tight and deep. Music doesn't get overpowered by Bass, the way I like it.

Treble is where things get so much exciting. It's crystal clear.

I can notice sounds which were barely noticeable before. One downside is that all low bitrate (equal and below 192) sounds not that good and it really brings out the minor crackles and noise in the music if the file is not properly encoded.

A good fit is a must to get the best sound. I have tried different buds. Soft biflange was good but not comfortable for long hours. Settled to medium sized olives as they provide better seal and no fatigue at all.

Ooo...thanks for the comprehensive explanation. Information particularly about the low bit rate is interesting.

have fun with these beauties :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ faun

Congrats faun for your purchase and the wonderful explanation. Never knew these things.:smile:

Whats your pmp?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^sounds pretty good IMO. Basically using it for audio listening only.

I do need a balanced source though.

Sansa Clip+ would be an upgrade, not very soon.

Sarath

iDota
^^^If you ask me an ipod will suit your headset well. Not completely but to some extent.
Apart from all the hype around it, the ipods are actually better than most music players out there. I am not even getting into the extras. Only music. They have received 9/10 in many reviews based on sound alone which goes down to overall 8/10 or 8.5/10 for their poor VFM. [touch]

Top Bottom