Post your latest Purchase

vivek404

Broken In
Re: Post what you purchased.

are the ep-630s avilable in mumbai for approx. rs.850/- ? if so, pl. post the shops name & location.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter

bought a dell SE198WFP 19" LCD monitor for 10,300Rs

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75022

drgunjankumar

Broken In

1.bought
*dellstoreroa02.sg.dell.com/public/images/trans.gif Dell Inspiron(TM) 1720 Notebook with wuxga screen and few more modifications for 71000

2. XTREMEMAC FS1 IEMS
FROM USA FOR AROUND 40 DOLLARS

sabret00the

Youngling

1. Purchase date: 08/12/2007

2. Hardware purchased with price.

i)Name: Tamkor (comes with 3 years of warranty but never heard about it)

512mb DDR 400mhz x 3 sticks @ Rs. 3900/- + 4% vat

ii) Seagate 250 GB Sata II HDD 5.25" @ Rs. 2700/- + 4% vat

iii) Techcom External HDD enclosure @ Rs. 750/- + 4% vat

iv) Enter PCI card with 4 usb 2.0 ports @ Rs. 275 + 4% vat

3. Place/retailer details and address

All the parts except the HDD case bought from Supreme Technologies, G.C. Avenue and the case bought from MicroMax in Chandni after Choto Cheeta suggested that shop.

4. City of Purchase.

Kolkata

5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.)

Wanted to go for an external HDD but decided to go for this setup following Choto Cheeta's advice.

6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase.

Connected the 250GB hdd to my computer using the usb cable but Disk management saying Disk 1 is unknown and unreadable.

Cannot test the rams right now since I dont have a PC currently which would support DDR-I.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...

Bought Asus 1814BLT Sata Lightscribe DVD writer for 1500Rs inclusive of all.

geek_rohit

In the zone

Bought this new rig:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E4500
Intel® Desktop Board DG33FB
Kingston 1 GB DDR2 RAM
XFX GeForce 8600GT 540M 512MB DDR3
Seagate 250GB SATA
GlacialPower GP-SL350C Power Supply

All for 23500. GFX Card cost me 6700

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

^^

Sorry rohit, not to discourage you but when you have a grfx card why did you went with DG33BU (Intel Original Platform ??) was there any problem on buying XFX 650i Ultra ??

also for 8600 chipset, the chipset wont be able to utilize the full power of the extra 256 MB.. instead a extra 1 GB RAM module or a better procy may be a E6550 would have helped your system performance a lot... !!!

sorry once again for the negative feed back... :(

purvabh

Right off the assembly line

C2D E6750 - 8500
2x1GB DDRII 800 Mhz - 4300
Hitachi 250GB SATAII - 2850
MSI P35 Neo Combo - 7150
ViewSonic 1912wb - 10,300
Logitech Internet Pro Desktop - 750
Odyssey Cab w/PSU - 1150

All with taxes and proper paperwork. Is this OK? And how is the configuration?

Also, i have a problem.The mobo does'nt have onboard graphics,and I dont have a card right now (first planned to get one,but now i'm waiting for nVidia's new crop.).I've got about 6k (possibly 2-3 k more) for it.Should i get a card(Galaxy 8660GTS for 8450) now or should i wait.Also if someone could lend/rent me a PCI e card (obviously dont care about how is it till it works) for this transitional period ,i'd b really grateful (and i'm qute willing to pay for it too! till you dont ask for more than 300 bucks a month).I live in vadodara gujarat.
Cheers

deepakchan

Troubleshooter

ArZuNeOs said:
where in chennai u got it man....& also tell if u got any free goodies

Got it from *www.poorvika.com/MoreDetails.aspx?brand=HTC
Didn't get any goodies. The price was the lowest among many shops that I enquired.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

purvabh said:
C2D E6750 - 8500
2x1GB DDRII 800 Mhz - 4300
Hitachi 250GB SATAII - 2850
MSI P35 Neo Combo - 7150
ViewSonic 1912wb - 10,300
Logitech Internet Pro Desktop - 750
Odyssey Cab w/PSU - 1150

All with taxes and proper paperwork. Is this OK? And how is the configuration?

Also, i have a problem.The mobo does'nt have onboard graphics,and I dont have a card right now (first planned to get one,but now i'm waiting for nVidia's new crop.).I've got about 6k (possibly 2-3 k more) for it.Should i get a card(Galaxy 8660GTS for 8450) now or should i wait.Also if someone could lend/rent me a PCI e card (obviously dont care about how is it till it works) for this transitional period ,i'd b really grateful (and i'm qute willing to pay for it too! till you dont ask for more than 300 bucks a month).I live in vadodara gujarat.
Cheers

Still 2-3 Months for nVidia Launch. So you will be spending ike 1 K for rent :p

If you can get a older PCI card of Sis etc it will be like 800 odd but dont weither it can handle XP. 7200 GS / Le is around 2K New. Check if you can get some old one. Contact local dealer for resale items. You will get a PCI-e entry level used cards upto 1k may be

purvabh

Right off the assembly line

Gee.....i'd thought it'd be there by mid jan or so.1k for rent is admittedly dumb.Anyways i think i am getting my card now (will have to be a 8600..not a very appealing idea as of now).Thanks for pointing that out btw. Oh and by any chance could you gimme an inkling about the 8800GT 256MB 's price bracket? it's been launched already so hopefully india's number is'nt that far off.

PS. thanks to this the rent thing is'nt on anymore.BUT, i preferably want to buy an ATi 3850 (at a more logical price) *Or maybe even a 8800 GT 256MB or a 3870.....all depends on the price again* so if anyone has relatives/friends coming from "abroad" ,PLEASE PLEASE ask them to get one (and before that just ask them for what they're paying for it!).......pm with details if you're (more like they're ) interested AND they are coming within 15 days.Again , i'm quite willing to pay.....for the "transport" charges too

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

one pc web cam Techcom SSD 644K for Rs.450+Vat (468) From
Mohit, Chadni.

This cam was Digit's September Vanila category webcam test's " best buy
gold" award winner.

Doesn't shipped with any Vista driver only have 2000/XP drivers. Though on the website you could find vista driver. Discovered it today :) :D

Also you may have some problem to stick this cam with your LCD panel.
I wasn't able to do so on my LCD. ( honestly I don't have that need too :D )

On the CD there was stated that the CD contains Ulead Photo Explorer, Ulead Photo Express, Ulead Photo Cool 360 but I could not find any Ulead Softwares :( The CD only contains driver & a camera fixer software. The bundled cam control soft wasn't that great but it has only basic controls.

Good image quality in Fluorescent Light & night vision with the cam lights on is also decent :).Overall Image quality is decent considering the price :)

off topic question

Why i'am getting quick reply box greyed out in this forum pages today. and one message on it saying :

"Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply"

But there is no quick reply thing on the whole page without a button below. If I click the button the above message displays againg ?

Can anybody explain ? Admin & mods plaese fix this

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis

dude, the admins won't fix this since they've added this feature. what purpose it serves, i have no idea, but there's gotta be a gud one........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^^ I hope so !
Voila! It's fixed,
I am now typing it from opera 9.24 into the Quick Reply Box with post quick reply button enabled & working

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

topgear said:
off topic question

Why i'am getting quick reply box greyed out in this forum pages today. and one message on it saying :

"Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply"

But there is no quick reply thing on the whole page without a button below. If I click the button the above message displays againg ?

Can anybody explain ? Admin & mods plaese fix this

Its already fixed, but the Quick Reply button is the one at your bottom write corner beside Quote. I've also included a screenshot.

piyush1989kap

Broken In

I recently purchased following items from SMC INTERNATIONAL,Nehru Place

1.Intel DG33FB (quad core) Rs 4900
2.Transcend 1*2 GB 800 MHz Rs2300
3.Intel core 2 duo E4500- Rs4600/-
4. Liteon Sata DVD writer-1350-/
5.Seagate 320 GB 16 MB buffer Rs3550/-

raja2281

Journeyman

piyush1989kap said:

hi paid a too much for E4500 i got it for Rs.3200/- a month ago from lamington mumbai

piyush1989kap said:

E4500 for 4600 i got it for 3200 last month from lamington mumbai

Last edited:
Top Bottom