Post your latest Purchase

nginx

In the zone
Not 5k but 2.5k extra(Lightning is 32k all, so about 30k base price), so 2.5k for that card is worth it.

Nice purchase, :smile: umm, pics?

PS: Did you buy the TX850 v1 or v2? Tirupati first tried to sell me the v1 via md(getting rid of old stock I think), I had to pursue them to get me the v2.

Zotac GTX 580 is 27.5k all (26.5k+VAT). So you are paying 4.5k extra just for the factory overclock. Massive waste of money. 0.5k extra, I would have considered it but 4.5k is lot of money.

Its TX850 v2, 100% confirmed.

Since the keyboard hasn't arrived yet and I don't have a spare USB keyboard at home, I haven't opened any of the boxes yet. I still have lots to buy. I will post the pics all at once when I get hands on all the components. Just as you say, patience is a virtue!

Congos for the cool purchase! :cool:

Well...got the 850tx V2? Sure? Tirupati was trying to pass on the V1 the other day to tkin....

And why the P8Z68? I agree its ok but the V-Pro had two extra Marvell 6G SATA ports...ur gonna need that , dont you?

Think about it rationally man. I know more is better but the P8Z68-V already has four 3GB/s SATA ports which are more than adequate for standard 7200rpm HDDs and there are two 6GB/s ports for SSDs. Will you be ever using more than 2 SSDs? I can't even afford one given their price.

I think for 1300 bucks less, I will settle for 2 less SATA ports when 6 is already overkill. I have actually cut cost at many places by buying less RAM and less HDD than what I had initially planned. This is so that I can buy the GTX 580.

Sarath

iDota
Correct!

But, um, consider the need to connect 32" LEDTV to GPU! :idea::idea:

I dont think you would be moving the PC near your TV or dragging the LED TV to your PC. Seriously its something that can be done without. Unless its a HTPC in which case I will shut up.

I was crying over lack of HDMI port in my monitor and guess what I got one without it and I see no point in why I wanted it in the first place.

If you have use for it. Consider it. After getting a lot of extras I finally realised I was paying for something I would never use.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Its TX850 v2, 100% confirmed.

Think about it rationally man. I know more is better but the P8Z68-V already has four 3GB/s SATA ports which are more than adequate for standard 7200rpm HDDs and there are two 6GB/s ports for SSDs. Will you be ever using more than 2 SSDs? I can't even afford one given their price.

I think for 1300 bucks less, I will settle for 2 less SATA ports when 6 is already overkill. I have actually cut cost at many places by buying less RAM and less HDD than what I had initially planned. This is so that I can buy the GTX 580.

The fact that its a V2 is reassuring! ;)

Yes...if u dont need those,then the vanilla P8Z68V is ok...it only lacks Firewire(I need it) and a couple of Sata 6G ports...

tkin

Back to school!!
Bought a few stuff today:

Kolkata's First and Only Vpro atm:
*i.imgur.com/SruA0.jpg

Virtu, you say?
*i.imgur.com/IQn0o.jpg

*i.imgur.com/YgGHb.jpg

2600K:
*i.imgur.com/nW3m0.jpg

Hmm, interesting:
*i.imgur.com/hXWP8.jpg

*i.imgur.com/maAAr.jpg

TFIII:
*i.imgur.com/UZxnt.jpg

NEC Prodalizers:
*i.imgur.com/5tDK5.jpg

Free Pen drive from MD:
*i.imgur.com/jUS1n.jpg

Say hello to my system:
*i.imgur.com/NqJOb.jpg

*i.imgur.com/EaEPi.jpg

Also got 1TB WD Cavier Black 6GBps.

Sarath

iDota
Bought a few stuff today:

Kolkata's First and Only Vpro atm:
*i.imgur.com/SruA0.jpg

Virtu, you say?
*i.imgur.com/IQn0o.jpg

*i.imgur.com/YgGHb.jpg

2600K:
*i.imgur.com/nW3m0.jpg

Hmm, interesting:
*i.imgur.com/hXWP8.jpg

*i.imgur.com/maAAr.jpg

TFIII:
*i.imgur.com/UZxnt.jpg

NEC Prodalizers:
*i.imgur.com/5tDK5.jpg

Free Pen drive from MD:
*i.imgur.com/jUS1n.jpg

Say hello to my system:
*i.imgur.com/NqJOb.jpg

*i.imgur.com/EaEPi.jpg

Also got 1TB WD Cavier Black 6GBps.

Awesome. Congrats bro. I hope you didnt loot a shop or anything. :p
Drool worthy

tkin

Back to school!!
OMG TKIN No words to say man....
Darn!!!!! gr8...
Damages?
Thanks.

Damages(w/o 4% VAT):

2600k: 15200/-
Asus Z68 Vpro: 13200/-
MSI N580GTX Lightning: 30700/-
WD 1TB Cavier Black: 4200/-
Razer DAII Goliathus Medium Speed: 950/-
CM HAF912 Advanced: 5800/-
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB: 4900/-
Corsair TX750V2: 6100/-
APC 1.1KVA UPS: 4300/-
Steelseries Sibera V1: 3200/-
Xbox 360 Controller: 1350/-

@tkin
Awesome Purchase man :D :))
No words to say :)
My father said the same when he saw the bill :lol:

Awesome. Congrats bro. I hope you didnt loot a shop or anything. :p
Drool worthy
Nah, I looted my parents.

@tkin you planning to blow a hole in the wall with that awesome fire power or what?
Boom, headshot.

PS: Can't assemble the system, the fcking N620 cooler is nowhere in sight, if I don't get them by next week, I'll get the U12P.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@tkin

OMG, man thats gona be one hell of a rig
hope everybody has parents willing to be looted by their children ;)

why not assemble it with the stock cooler for now?

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin- Good purchases. The i7 2600K is great and at very good Price imo and the GPU too. Congrats.
Thanks,
I got the 2600k as more of a brag value and also if BD proves to be too good then if any sandy can beat them, it will be the 2600k.

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin

OMG, man thats gona be one hell of a rig
hope everybody has parents willing to be looted by their children ;)

why not assemble it with the stock cooler for now?
Nah, I am a very patient person, I'll hold for now, actually I am downloading the drivers and softwares that I will be needing cause I'm upgrading to 64bit OS, this will take time, drivers are 300MB+ each, then the softwares. my 2.5GB limit will go fubar this month.

TKIN.....nah, I wont say anything..I will just let me jaw hang in midair!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Need duct tape? :lol:

BTW G41 mobo(probaly MSI) is 2.6k+ @ MD. They have a bunch of them at display back.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont think you would be moving the PC near your TV or dragging the LED TV to your PC. Seriously its something that can be done without. Unless its a HTPC in which case I will shut up.

I was crying over lack of HDMI port in my monitor and guess what I got one without it and I see no point in why I wanted it in the first place.

If you have use for it. Consider it. After getting a lot of extras I finally realised I was paying for something I would never use.

Not just a HTPC...this PC serves as my 24X7X365 application, database and VM server currently and in the near future will also act as my casual gaming console and my HTPC...

I dont need to drag the pc anywhere, thankfully the LED is right nearby...actually even if I had to, a 10 m HDMI cable will do the trick!

But you are right...It is an extra. It is not something indispensable. But since I would get it were I to get a 560Hawk, it is nice to have.

Cheers.

Need duct tape? :lol:
Whats the use? When u post pics and benches again post-assembling, it will hang down again!! :p :p

BTW G41 mobo(probaly MSI) is 2.6k+ @ MD. They have a bunch of them at display back.

G41? LGA775? Darn, u confused me with Shayem again and I forgot to send u the sms....!! Me needs price of 2x 4GB C9 XMS3s!! No probs, will get it later!! :)

Top Bottom