Corsair Vengeance 1600 Cl9 (2x4GB) @5600

tkin

Back to school!!
Finally bought these :D

Core i5 2500k @10600
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro @13965
OMG, nice purchase.
Hot damn, you beat me to it, please show some pics and do a mini review(impressions) on the Z68Vpro :-o

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Core i5 2500k @10600
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro @13965

Excellent purchase mate & congrats :smile:. Please upload some pics. We really want to see those beauties.

What next? Are you planning for a 560 sli?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Excellent purchase mate & congrats :smile:. Please upload some pics. We really want to see those beauties.

What next? Are you planning for a 560 sli?

560 sli on 550vx? dont think so!!

Faun...good purchase..like everybody else..I request pics..I know u got a uber-good camera!! :)

U planning on upgrading that psu ?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Mario if you plan SLI get the 750TX minimum ok?

Thanks for your suggestion dude...but no, me not planning SLI...was just replying to Vicky's comment...!! Vicky probably did not notice that Faun's psu is 550VX...

Well just FYI, my PSUs a 550VX too...and my mobo has just one X16 (like I wanted) and I will probably get a 560 somewhere at the end of this year maybe..Lets see..rest assured I will be asking all my questions here!! :)

Edit: Well now that u said, Core i3 540 + GTX560 (preferably MSI) = good combo? I mean any chances of a CPU bottleneck?? Um, I dont darned think so, but may be if one of you could confirm that I did feel better...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yes.You said it had only 1 16x slot, so i assumed you meant it had two slots that on filling would run x8 mode each.Which mobo is it?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes.You said it had only 1 16x slot, so i assumed you meant it had two slots that on filling would run x8 mode each.Which mobo is it?

No no u r totally mistaken... lol...me no gamer dude....cant even take the tag of a casual gamer these days...(Ah! miss those days in college :() .. me just running lotsa servers 24X7X365...

Config goes like this -

Core i3 540 (seriously in Clarkdale, I think excluding the i3s, everything else is a total waste, the mem latency sucks though, but I can live with it) sitting on a Asus P7H55M-LX (onboard graphics - H55 - simple, one X16, one X4, 2 PCI) with 2GB of XMS3 at C9 (this will go to 8GB (4X2 dual channel) soon)..fed by a 550VX...all inside a Reaper cabinet...still waiting to hit 40C (believe it or not!! :) )

My question to u is, is i3 540 + GTX 560 (preferably MSI) a good combo? I mean no CPU bottlenecks ever, right?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Core i5 2500k @10600
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro @13965

Thats a HUGE upgrade man!! Super congos :D

We wanna see pics...please ;)

No no u r totally mistaken... lol...me no gamer dude....cant even take the tag of a casual gamer these days...(Ah! miss those days in college :() .. me just running lotsa servers 24X7X365...

Config goes like this -

Core i3 540 (seriously in Clarkdale, I think excluding the i3s, everything else is a total waste, the mem latency sucks though, but I can live with it) sitting on a Asus P7H55M-LX (onboard graphics - H55 - simple, one X16, one X4, 2 PCI) with 2GB of XMS3 at C9 (this will go to 8GB (4X2 dual channel) soon)..fed by a 550VX...all inside a Reaper cabinet...still waiting to hit 40C (believe it or not!! :) )

My question to u is, is i3 540 + GTX 560 (preferably MSI) a good combo? I mean no CPU bottlenecks ever, right?

Imho,there shouldnt be any problem...if u feel its not enough...well the i3 540 always OCs well ;)

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Thats a HUGE upgrade man!! Super congos :D

We wanna see pics...please ;)

Imho,there shouldnt be any problem...if u feel its not enough...well the i3 540 always OCs well ;)

eh it does!! ;) :) Frankly mukherjee, now that u said it, I will confess OCing the i3 and the 560 (when I get it) were in my mind (ah, what can I do, its tempting!! :oops::oops:) but I worry about the VX!! I know the 550 can breeze thru the i3-540 and one 560 easily...but can it handle both OCed?? Um, in my opinion, risky!! what u think?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
eh it does!! ;) :) Frankly mukherjee, now that u said it, I will confess OCing the i3 and the 560 (when I get it) were in my mind (ah, what can I do, its tempting!! :oops::oops:) but I worry about the VX!! I know the 550 can breeze thru the i3-540 and one 560 easily...but can it handle both OCed?? Um, in my opinion, risky!! what u think?

I might just have the answer for u...
See for urself. Go here and calculate the power....from what u mentioned...the VX550 will feed ur setup and will have ample juice left ;)

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I might just have the answer for u...
See for urself. Go here and calculate the power....from what u mentioned...the VX550 will feed ur setup and will have ample juice left ;)

Now thats one good find...eh, seems to me I'll be running out of juice around 4GHz on the i3..not much headroom for the 560Ti then...

Edit: Damn!! no HDMI on the 560...:shock::shock::shock: Darn!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Now thats one good find...eh, seems to me I'll be running out of juice around 4GHz on the i3..not much headroom for the 560Ti then...

Edit: Damn!! no HDMI on the 560...:shock::shock::shock: Darn!!
They come with mini hdmi, you need a mini hdmi to full hdmi converter, try to find if any 560 vendor includes one.

Top Bottom