Post your latest Purchase

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
thnx bro :)

its an asus eah6850

reg cable mgt, spent close to 4 hours completely disassembling the components and tried my best to tidy the cables as 430 dosent have good cable mgt. features

one problem that i have with vx550 is that the sata power cables are upside down as compared to the sata power connectors of hdd which manifest even more if you have 2 hdds, you cannot connect the same cable (with 3sata connectors.)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Anyway, nice ride u got there mate!! Just a question, u must have test driven a few b4 getting this one right? Considering just driving pleasure how would u rate the i20 against the Swift (ZXI/VXI/ZDI/VDI) ? (I am assuming u did test drive the swift)
My mother has i10 top model which probably has the same 1.2L engine as i20. Swift petrol will feel slightly more powerful, but the 1.2L kappa engine will give you more mileage. Then i20 has its own plus points - great interiors and huge boot space for a hatchback. My choice? i20 anyday. i20 also has a 1.4L variant though.

Swift diesel isn't as responsive but like all diesel cars, it will give you more mileage and that too on a cheaper price of diesel. That's why people go for it.

The only diesel car (ignore SUVs) I have ever liked is Hyundai Verna - great great pick-up and response.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Mario said:
Just a question, u must have test
driven a few b4 getting this one right?
Considering just driving pleasure how
would u rate the i20 against the Swift
(ZXI/VXI/ZDI/VDI) ? (I am assuming u did test drive the swift)
If you want pure economic, fuel saving car AND you are buying a Diesel.
Get i20. Its fuel economy is better than the Swift
(Just Checked it in Overdrive June 2011)

tkin

Back to school!!
thnx bro :)

its an asus eah6850

reg cable mgt, spent close to 4 hours completely disassembling the components and tried my best to tidy the cables as 430 dosent have good cable mgt. features

one problem that i have with vx550 is that the sata power cables are upside down as compared to the sata power connectors of hdd which manifest even more if you have 2 hdds, you cannot connect the same cable (with 3sata connectors.)
Nice, well worth the effort.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I never said I wanted only 15-25 fps. I said I am used to playing games at that fps even at low/medium settings because I never had a good graphics card in the past. But does that mean I have to get a 590 now to satisfy myself just because I have the money? Absolutely not. Its all about the "bang for buck" for me and the 590 doesn't have it, not by a long shot. Even the 580 is overpriced.
No matter how much money I have, I won't ever buy products whose prices are not worth their performance. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter whose money is it, mine or my dad's, its all the same. I know I am buying the 105k rig with my own money but even if my dad agreed to pay money for a 590, I still wouldn't take it because I would feel guilty about wasting his hard earned money and for what? Something as trivial as gaming?

Agreed!! In fact, I can almost empathize with u!! GTX topends are almost never VFM and almost always overpriced!! And yes, just coz the green is there does not mean we have to blow it....!!

Throw away all these chit chat and get the GTX560 HAWK or the TFII man, and enjoy.

Like TKIN said, get a 560 dude..u can always get one more later and SLI thru or what the hell, might as well stick to one card!! All the best on ur purchase!! :) I think its today! :doublethumb::doublethumb:

@Mario: actually never drove any Swift series. Just picked this up....! But most of my friends who have tried both, vouch for the i-20.
OFW = Official firmware.

My mother has i10 top model which probably has the same 1.2L engine as i20. Swift petrol will feel slightly more powerful, but the 1.2L kappa engine will give you more mileage. Then i20 has its own plus points - great interiors and huge boot space for a hatchback. My choice? i20 anyday. i20 also has a 1.4L variant though.
Swift diesel isn't as responsive but like all diesel cars, it will give you more mileage and that too on a cheaper price of diesel. That's why people go for it.
The only diesel car (ignore SUVs) I have ever liked is Hyundai Verna - great great pick-up and response.

If you want pure economic, fuel saving car AND you are buying a Diesel.
Get i20. Its fuel economy is better than the Swift
(Just Checked it in Overdrive June 2011)

Thanks guys!! I will pass all this info to the one who's buying and thats not me!! :) Will try to post some pics if I can once he does purchase something!! :)

No heating issues on this one thanks to HP CoolSense technology and Sandy Bridge processors

Great!! Enjoy ur DV6! :) Can you post the model number and the specs?

finally got the hyper 212+ for 1898 from ebay, finally................

Super!! Good cooler Man! :)

nginx

In the zone
Thanks for understanding Mario. You got my point. If you are gonna buy a product, the price has to be justified unless you have unlimited reserves of cash which most of us don't.

Btw, I won't purchase the graphics card today. There are lots of confusion regarding the card. The GTX 560 Hawk is not available and the GTX 570 cards with custom PCB are also not available. So I need more time deciding what to do.

tkin

Back to school!!
Got SOME nice stuff today, pics will be up as soon as I buy everything, this rig will be getting a lot of components, by the time I finish this my parents most probably go bankrupt.

Vengeance stage 1 finished, next, stage 2.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Got Digit Anniversary Edition(June edition) today through Blue Dart:razz:

Here's some pics of APC 1.1KVA UPS and Digit magazine:nanananana:
APC 1.1 KVA
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0294.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0296.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0297.jpg

DIGIT MAGAZINE

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0299.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0301.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0302.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0303.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0304.jpg

tkin

Back to school!!
Digit mag looks cool, and OMG!! The UPS has a fan? Is it audible? I can see dust buildup in there.

Top Bottom