Post your latest Purchase

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Bought a laptop 3 days ago - HP Pavilion dv6 for 53k. Got a Logitech mouse for free !!!

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-A8Dgt4jDcMA/TeUs6X8KBHI/AAAAAAAAADM/NCLzYK1a8hs/s512/31052011097.jpg

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-IwxlCf6Z3uM/TeUtIDWe7GI/AAAAAAAAADk/qAAE2suhsiY/s640/HP%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ogRfWPx88L0/TeUuP-Gt5vI/AAAAAAAAADo/K_42qURvgOg/s512/31052011103.jpg

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
AX1200 for 18k...oh my lord. I can't believe you are even suggesting that lol. I might as well buy an AX2000 for 40k and buy a 8800GT with whatever little cash I will have left and play Mario with it :D :D
You dont need a discrete GPU for Mario, just get a mobo with integrated gpu. And AX2000 does not exist!! Not in Corsair's stable at least.
Thermaltake had one - some ToughPower 2000W that needed some 150Amps I think... :shock::shock::shock::shock: dont remember what year...I was in college...
1500W is the highest that sells as per my knowledge..Silverstone/Thermaltake/Enermax have these...
No seriously, the choice is between 750W and 850W PSU. I will decide tomorrow on that at Chadni. I have no plans to ever SLI a dual GPU card like GTX 590. I don't need 500 fps cuz I am a guy who is used to playing games at 15-25 fps at Medium to low settings for the last 10 years. So this GTX 560 is a massive upgrade for me as it is.
Quad sli with 590 wont give you 500 fps..more like 200-250..that too if quad sli actually kicks in..driver issues might prevent that..and no tri-sli with this..simply no connectors..
And yeah we are really going off topic here. Let us take our discussion here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/141489-building-gaming-pc-105k-2.html
Agreed!! :)

What I cant agree to is that u just want 15-25 fps from a rig that costs upwards of 1 lac....AFAIK, a 50K rig will probably give u 15-25 fps easily...but well ur money, ur decision!! ;)

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
then get GTX 590 single/HD 6990 single :).

Anyways look at this:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/139513-rig-2-0-a.html#post1409920 [*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/139513-rig-2-0-a.html]

Awesomeness Dude!! :shock::shock::shock::greedy::greedy:

Some Flotsam and Jetsam that came my way, in the past 40 days....!

Thats flotsam and jetsam huh?? ;) Wish some came my way, lol!!

Anyway, nice ride u got there mate!! Just a question, u must have test driven a few b4 getting this one right? Considering just driving pleasure how would u rate the i20 against the Swift (ZXI/VXI/ZDI/VDI) ? (I am assuming u did test drive the swift)

The 580 lightning xtreme edition looks jaw dropping.

And the thing they did with the fan is ubercool man!! Spins in reverse for first 30 secs and changes color!! Huh, very gimmicky, but what the hell I am impressed... :D :D

Na..just hard earned cash and company bonus...!

PS3 = 19990. Was on OFW 3.41...! :)

Hah, thats what I thought!! Hard earned cash and incentive!! Whats OFW by the way?

Samsung Mpower TV s239 for 4650

an OMH cdma handset. finally cdma has freedom like gsm :D

Congos mate!! :)

Bought a laptop 3 days ago - HP Pavilion dv6 for 53k. Got a Logitech mouse for free !!!

Nice man!! I remember the DV6 I once bought for my (now ex)girlfriend! Cost me 66K....had nice specs (for the day)! Had a heat dissipation problem too (frequent bsods on running continuously for more than 28-32 hours)..hows yours doing??

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@ asingh

Congrats....it maybe flotsam and jetsam to u...but it settles the day,doesn't it ;)
Keep it coming bro! :thumbs:

@marvelousprashant

Congrats to u too...the lappy looks "marvelous" :p

nginx

In the zone
Agreed!!

What I cant agree to is that u just want 15-25 fps from a rig that costs upwards of 1 lac....AFAIK, a 50K rig will probably give u 15-25 fps easily...but well ur money, ur decision!!

I never said I wanted only 15-25 fps. I said I am used to playing games at that fps even at low/medium settings because I never had a good graphics card in the past. But does that mean I have to get a 590 now to satisfy myself just because I have the money? Absolutely not. Its all about the "bang for buck" for me and the 590 doesn't have it, not by a long shot. Even the 580 is overpriced.

No matter how much money I have, I won't ever buy products whose prices are not worth their performance. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter whose money is it, mine or my dad's, its all the same. I know I am buying the 105k rig with my own money but even if my dad agreed to pay money for a 590, I still wouldn't take it because I would feel guilty about wasting his hard earned money and for what? Something as trivial as gaming?

tkin

Back to school!!
I never said I wanted only 15-25 fps. I said I am used to playing games at that fps even at low/medium settings because I never had a good graphics card in the past. But does that mean I have to get a 590 now to satisfy myself just because I have the money? Absolutely not. Its all about the "bang for buck" for me and the 590 doesn't have it, not by a long shot. Even the 580 is overpriced.

No matter how much money I have, I won't ever buy products whose prices are not worth their performance. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter whose money is it, mine or my dad's, its all the same. I know I am buying the 105k rig with my own money but even if my dad agreed to pay money for a 590, I still wouldn't take it because I would feel guilty about wasting his hard earned money and for what? Something as trivial as gaming?
Throw away all these chit chat and get the GTX560 HAWK or the TFII man, and enjoy.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@mukherjee: thanks..!

@Mario: actually never drove any Swift series. Just picked this up....! But most of my friends who have tried both, vouch for the i-20.

OFW = Official firmware.

tkin

Back to school!!
@mukherjee: thanks..!

@Mario: actually never drove any Swift series. Just picked this up....! But most of my friends who have tried both, vouch for the i-20.

OFW = Official firmware.
Hey, just one question, do you know a place where 2nd hand ps3 games can be bought, my friend has bought one and apparently pirating games(rs 100/- and the game is copied to external hdd by shops, and run with the jailbroken ps3), I need to persuade him to do otherwise, 1-1.5k would be preferable.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@tkin @Skud @Tenida @NIGHTMARE @mukherjee Thanks friends

Nice man!! I remember the DV6 I once bought for my (now ex)girlfriend! Cost me 66K....had nice specs (for the day)! Had a heat dissipation problem too (frequent bsods on running continuously for more than 28-32 hours)..hows yours doing??

No heating issues on this one thanks to HP CoolSense technology and Sandy Bridge processors

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
finally got the hyper 212+ for 1898 from ebay, finally................

*img857.imageshack.us/img857/1095/212h.jpg
thnx to asingh & damngoodman ;)

Top Bottom