Post your latest Purchase

tkin

Back to school!!
How much are we talking about for the GS800? I didn't think there would be much difference in price between GS and TX series but if there is significant difference...you're right, its something to consider.
GS and TX are significantly different, price, quality and the whole mile.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
GS series is not that bad at all.I think its more VFM than other series in terms of wattage.

Here my CORSAIR GS LED PHOTOS-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0272.jpg
RED

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0271.jpg
UV

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0270.jpg
BLUE

Few other photos-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0276.jpg
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/IMG_0274.jpg

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hmm...really unbelievable. A PSU have three different LED ! I hope it's performance is same glittering as the looking. I like that Corsair sticker, where can I get one? Didn't get one with mine :(

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Updated the results.
Yes, no question of selling it. But not buying another 2 right now :)). For my purpose 8 GB is already an overkill, so investing behind more will be impractical, same goes for selling :)

Unless someone is planning on using part of it as RAM Disk or Photoshop Scratch Disk, I don't think purchase of 12 GB RAM is justified under any reasonable usage. Of course, it depends on how you define "reasonable usage"! 6 GB seems enough for me but when I have some spare cash, I am planning to go up to 12 GB RAM for the above purposes.

Forget Photoshop/Maya/Max..

Consider this...

WinServer 2008 x64 hosting 2 database servers (oracle/mysql), 4 app servers (weblogic/tomcat/apache/iis), 3 other datawarehouse tool servers, 4 VMs hosting solaris/freebsd/ubuntu/suse...how much RAM do you think that will need?

Believe me you, sometimes 24 GB does not seem to be enough!! :)

Oh! and throw some casual gaming on top of that (with all these in the background!) ;)

Sorry bro, I didn't know we were considering Servers at that point of time! Servers are out of my league anyway. I use a very basic Windows 7 Ultimate x64 workstation, and am not into hard-core gaming either, so it was my mistake that I was so restrictive in considering what might be "reasonable usage". My apologies!

Last edited:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Sorry bro, I didn't know we were considering Servers at that point of time! Servers are out of my league anyway. I use a very basic Windows 7 Ultimate x64 workstation, and am not into hard-core gaming either, so it was my mistake that I was so restrictive in considering what might be "reasonable usage". My apologies!

Whoa!! Take it easy!! Was just presenting an example scenario!! Cheers!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm...really unbelievable. A PSU have three different LED ! I hope it's performance is same glittering as the looking. I like that Corsair sticker, where can I get one? Didn't get one with mine :(

When did you purchase the SMPS? Even the lowest end CX models have those bundled.

Yes, its performance is great till now:razz:

Yeah, in the end its the performance that counts for a SMPS. I think feedback from you guys can actually help us have a better view of the GS series and recommend it to other people.

nginx

In the zone
^ Congo...

When did you purchase the SMPS? Even the lowest end CX models have those bundled.

Yeah, in the end its the performance that counts for a SMPS. I think feedback from you guys can actually help us have a better view of the GS series and recommend it to other people.

I am considering buying either the TX750 or the GS800 but some of these cons of the GS800 is making me think twice:

*screensnapr.com/e/IYQaEx.jpg

Are those cons something to worry about?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
^ Congo...

I am considering buying either the TX750 or the GS800 but some of these cons of the GS800 is making me think twice:

*screensnapr.com/e/IYQaEx.jpg

Are those cons something to worry about?

If ur budgets' 1 lac upwards, why not the AX1200? or even an Enermax?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats nightmare...

@nginx

Why bother about the GS series if you can opt for higher ones? And with a budget of 1 lac, you can easily go for HX or AX series as Mario suggested. So just get the TX750 if that's what you want.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@nginx: that was one review. I had posted 2 more reviews elsewhere.They found no issues with some of the cons in that review.

Either it was defective peice or faulty reading.

tkin

Back to school!!
Trust me, for an 100k budget get a tx850, since you are going to get a formal job in less than a year from now, you may upgrade then, a good psu lasts years and do not lose relevance, heck hx620s are really old but hold great value.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@nightmare, you are most welcome.

@ithehappy, mine were purchased during Feb & Apr, this year. don't know why you didn't get it. :?:

Top Bottom