Post your latest Purchase

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
AX 1200 is gold rated which means it gives approx 90% efficiency.If it had 95% then we would see it rated 80 Plus Platinum...

80 PLUS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two of the reviews that refute your 95% claim:

Corsair AX1200 1200W Power Supply Review - Overclockers Club
Corsair AX1200 1200W Power Supply - Corsair AX1200 1200W Power Supply Review | [H]ard|OCP

Anyone who goes SLI with GTX 560Ti, can be expected to be serious gamer.

And btw the model in question is the discontinued Corsair VX model which was a value series model whose current equivalent AFAIK is their CX lineup.

If he had a GS/TX/HX/AX model I would not worry so much.
Just because GS isnt TOL it does not mean GS is bad as i've been hearing in some places.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
anybody who likes to play (on PC most triple-A titles that come out (maxed out usually).Plays multiplayer extensively if not most of the time.Spends a lot of money and gets performance cards in the GTX 560 (the non Ti version included just recently released btw)or higher line to max out his games

amitava82

MMO Addict
anybody who likes to play (on PC most triple-A titles that come out (maxed out usually).Plays multiplayer extensively if not most of the time.Spends a lot of money and gets performance cards in the GTX 560 (the non Ti version included just recently released btw)or higher line to max out his games
wow you just redefined Serious Gamer.. May be we should put that into lexicon or something..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
AX 1200 is gold rated which means it gives approx 90% efficiency.If it had 95% then we would see it rated 80 Plus Platinum...

80 PLUS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two of the reviews that refute your 95% claim:

Corsair AX1200 1200W Power Supply Review - Overclockers Club
Corsair AX1200 1200W Power Supply - Corsair AX1200 1200W Power Supply Review | [H]ard|OCP

Anyone who goes SLI with GTX 560Ti, can be expected to be serious gamer.

And btw the model in question is the discontinued Corsair VX model which was a value series model whose current equivalent AFAIK is their CX lineup.

If he had a GS/TX/HX/AX model I would not worry so much.
Just because GS isnt TOL it does not mean GS is bad as i've been hearing in some places.

It still gets past 90% at more than 50%. Here's the proof.

Corsair vx series are better than gs series and i agree gs is not bad. The vx series were underrated and i think they are not discontinued and are still available.

Btw you seem to have a terrific system. Can you please post some pics?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
when its all complete I will.
I had gone through 4-5 reviews and I posted the more reputed ones.this was one of those seen other than kitguru.
yes at 50% it does. so does it in my links.

but it came nowhere near 95% :O

the VX series may be available in market but it is discontinued.you cant find it anywhere in the PSU page in corsair site.
even the 9800GT is discontinued,so is GT 220,HD5770,GTX 280 etc but they are still available in indian markets.shops saturate themselves literally with the cheap stuff and overcharge for the high end.it is the case verywhere in india,thanks to high MRP tags by distributors.

we need MSRP system and lower customs rates :|

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Johnnyguru is also a reputed site. Maybe nowhere near 95% but still edges past 90%. I had read in one of the reviews that it fell just short of a a platinum rating.

But you said earlier that your system is complete and you have 2 580's along with ax1200. Anyways post individual pics mate. We really want to see those beauties. Afterall, this is a showoff thread.

bought these
CM hafx
i7 2600k
msi p67A gd65-b3
gskill ripjaws x 8GB
seasonic x 850
gtx 580 lightning
segate 1TB hdd

Great rig buddy and congrats. Pics please :smile:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
2 fans are left to be installed.i need a new screwdriver.and sorry i dont have individual pics :( ,i was in a hurry to assemble :D

it does fall a bit short of platinum but i was contesting 95% claim,not rating point.

tkin

Back to school!!
Is there even a psu that gets platinum? Any brand?
@xtreme, Great lappy there, enjoy gaming.

@Coolgame, pics man? Where are the pics?

PS: guys, leaving for exam, see you in june.

Cilus

laborare est orare
coolgame, great purchase buddy. Now overclock the cpu and try to get past the 4 GHz barrier with the stock cooler. If you can then we can get a hands on of the overclocking potential of Sandy Bridge CPU, especially in Indian climate.:grin::grin:

Top Bottom