Post your latest Purchase

doomgiver

Warframe
corsair vx450 arrived today.
got it from theitwares@3600 incl. shipping.

gonna install it in the night

pics will be uploaded on sunday :(

monkey

Padawan
Pics, I desperately need pics, so I say, PICS OR DIDN'T HAPPEN

PS: Do you have civilization 5? Try to see if the card crashes in DX11 Extreme preset, read this was the only issue with 560 hawk as it crashed in dx11(dx11 multithreaded mode)

I don't have Civilization 5 so cannot help you.

BTW here are some pics:

1. The card with the box:
*i.imgur.com/Wmj5f.jpg

2. The card and the accessories:
*i.imgur.com/MKEWA.jpg

3. The card:
*i.imgur.com/Ln6DM.jpg

4. My CM 690's screwless retention clips would not seat the card as heatsink's plastic cover obstructed the way..no matter what I do.....
*i.imgur.com/m1RKz.jpg

5. ...so I had to use screws to secure the card :-(
*i.imgur.com/dpeAl.jpg

6. The card is locked, loaded and ready to fire...
*i.imgur.com/N9Two.jpg

7. ...which gave me some respectable score (CPU@3.8GHz):
*i.imgur.com/ybOFm.jpg

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Monkey, you are the man...!

That is exactly how I mount my GPUs. Bolt them down hard and flush. So they cannot budge, and there is no pressure on the PCI.E dock. Excellent.

Congratulation by the way.

d3p

PowerHouse
@Monkey: Congrates mate..

That VX550 can drive 560ti SLI without any problems with the current setup, if you have not overclocked the processor yet.
Regarding PhysX, if you can buy some used Nvidia Cards, then few 8600GT's & 9800Gt's are on sale in Bazaar section.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@monkey: dont get a physx card below the performance of a GTX 260 192SP (even better a GTS 450/GTX 550Ti) for your card.as a rule of thumb you should know that a dedicated physx card can actually decrease performance if it is below half the performance of the main card.(trust me on this one).

@d3p5kor:You want that guy to fry his 560s if he goes SLI? 550W is too little!you will be in almost 100% load on PSU most of the times.This will cause heavy wear and tear on it and decrease its life coniderably and cause it to trip and eventually it may cause damage to your GPU/mobo (because thats where most of the power goes directly).get a 700W PSU for 560 Ti SLI.

but yes the HAWK cards are terrific cards!

d3p

PowerHouse
@Extreme- Use this to calculate & find your own answer. Moreover remember its Corsair VX550, i know its little, but still user can squeeze out 650 without any issue from it.

To be noted: 560ti SLI will require 400w.

Outervision: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

One more thing, if your PSU is not capable of handling SLI then it won't fry GPU.

tkin

Back to school!!
@monkey: dont get a physx card below the performance of a GTX 260 192SP (even better a GTS 450/GTX 550Ti) for your card.as a rule of thumb you should know that a dedicated physx card can actually decrease performance if it is below half the performance of the main card.(trust me on this one).

@d3p5kor:You want that guy to fry his 560s if he goes SLI? 550W is too little!you will be in almost 100% load on PSU most of the times.This will cause heavy wear and tear on it and decrease its life coniderably and cause it to trip and eventually it may cause damage to your GPU/mobo (because thats where most of the power goes directly).get a 700W PSU for 560 Ti SLI.

but yes the HAWK cards are terrific cards!
GTS 250 is good enough to handle physx, the GTX260 is overkill unless he has 2560x1600 monitor which I doubt many people own in this forum.

If the PSU can't take the load, it will shut off(good psu like corsair, seasonic etc) as my friend above noted, it won't fry unless you have a intec psu, psu's have over current protection you know...

PS: When did monkey want to go sli? He wanted a physx card and a GTS250 is good for it.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
One more thing, if your PSU is not capable of handling SLI then it won't fry GPU.

how do you mean?

also why would you want the PSU to squeeze out more than it is rated at?
to end its life quicker than normal or what?

my AX-1200 can squeeze out 1500W without issue (although efficiency goes down ).does that mean i should make it squeeze so much?

Build an SLI PC - Certified SLI-Ready Power Supplies

look at this page and see the requirements for dual GTX 460s.You will not find a single PSU rated below 630W.The 560s take a bit more power than the 460s

also,you are stating blatant lies about 400W.I got everything in the calculator to as close as I could to his setup,and added SLI:

No OC-phenom II 955
GTX 560Ti SLI
2 Sticks DDR3 RAM
1 regular SATA HDD
1 DVD RW drive

Minimum power requiered was 448W ~450W and recommended was 498W ~500W.

However I would only use it as reference to requirement.The amperage that 12v rails on the PSU can supply also matter a lot.
As I stated before,he would be close to peak draw on his PSU with SLI,causing the PSU to wear down quite a bit faster.Also i cant get details into his specific PSU because the VX lineup was discontinued.

650W is the minimum I would go for and 700W is recommended.

@tkin:you are mistaken.GTX 260 is not overkill.the GPU needs to be fast enough because it has to be in sync with GPU calculations to prevent framerate drops.
ever since the nvidia forums,where I am a regular, got revamped,i am unable to find the article by the Late Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington,who was an admin there where he found out using batman:arkham asylum what kind of hardware config you really need for dedicated physx.
as for SLI,let me tell you that I was referring to D3P5kor's statement.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ just a basic answer..

You need to know, how & by what ways the GPU gets fried up.

If intel says overclocking the processor will void the warranty, then user will stop overclocking or what ??

Next regarding wattage calculation of the PSU; thats the only reason i have provided a link to calculate the total wattage, i agree its better to stay safe & get a higher wattage PSU, but don't underestimate any PSU specially VX series just by checking whether its SLI certified or not.

now i got, why you got an AX1200..

tkin

Back to school!!
how do you mean?

also why would you want the PSU to squeeze out more than it is rated at?
to end its life quicker than normal or what?

my AX-1200 can squeeze out 1500W without issue (although efficiency goes down ).does that mean i should make it squeeze so much?

Build an SLI PC - Certified SLI-Ready Power Supplies

look at this page and see the requirements for dual GTX 460s.You will not find a single PSU rated below 630W.The 560s take a bit more power than the 460s

also,you are stating blatant lies about 400W.I got everything in the calculator to as close as I could to his setup,and added SLI:

No OC-phenom II 955
GTX 560Ti SLI
2 Sticks DDR3 RAM
1 regular SATA HDD
1 DVD RW drive

Minimum power requiered was 448W ~450W and recommended was 498W ~500W.

However I would only use it as reference to requirement.The amperage that 12v rails on the PSU can supply also matter a lot.
As I stated before,he would be close to peak draw on his PSU with SLI,causing the PSU to wear down quite a bit faster.Also i cant get details into his specific PSU because the VX lineup was discontinued.

650W is the minimum I would go for and 700W is recommended.

@tkin:you are mistaken.GTX 260 is not overkill.the GPU needs to be fast enough because it has to be in sync with GPU calculations to prevent framerate drops.
ever since the nvidia forums,where I am a regular, got revamped,i am unable to find the article by the Late Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington,who was an admin there where he found out using batman:arkham asylum what kind of hardware config you really need for dedicated physx.
as for SLI,let me tell you that I was referring to D3P5kor's statement.
First of all Nvidia forum is just plain meh, for proper knowledge visit guru3d,hardocp,bjorn3d and ofcourse digit forums :wink:

Second, you probably don't have any clue to what you are talking about
*media.bestofmicro.com/N/S/228952/original/Batman%20PxDed%202560.png

The minimum frame rates stay somewhat constant, despite the change in resolution. Also note that the minimum frame rate stays fairly constant regardless of the dedicated PhysX card used, except for the GeForce 9500 GT, which is struggling a little.

What have we learned from this? Primarily, the GeForce GT 220, a card that doesn't appear to be very powerful on its own, becomes a force to be reckoned with as a dedicated PhysX processor, definitely offering the most bang for the buck when compared to more expensive GeForce models.

Benchmark Results: High Detail, PhysX On High, And A Dedicated PhysX Card : Batman: Arkham Asylum: GPUs, CPUs, And PhysX Performance

About that admin who said batman physx requires high end cards, I'd do too if I were paid by nVidia, nothing like getting noobs to pay out bags of money to buy, say a GTX460 for physx when the FPS gain is ... 0 from a GTS250.

Done?? Have some more:
*www.gamephys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Mafia2_PhysXtest.png
wylaczony means turned off.

As I've said before time after time, anything above a GTS250 is plain overkill for PhysX, if you have a spare 260 you can plug it in but if you are going to buy a card for physx a GTS250 is more than enough(hell I can play batman with normal physx on my 9800GTX+ @ 1680x1050)

PS: Yes, loading the VX550 with GTX560 sli is a bit overestimating it but 700w is again too much, a TX650 will handle these with flying color, and that comment you made about loading your psu 24x7 with high load will wear it down is just so wrong, you do not know probably but in idle any modern pc consumes less than 100 watt power and consume high amount of power when gaming, now I doubt you game 24x7.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
ah hell i know that with OCP it wont get fried up i was not aware of the VX 550 having it.

i was not talking about certification.i was showing you that nvidia will only certify a product that can feed the cards enough Amps.the VX-550 cannot feed enough amps to 2 560Tis

And i have 2 GTX 580s which will last me 5 years in that time 1200W is what i got as my setup can and does draw 900W peak.i measured through my 2kva online UPS which has a screen showing all details ;)

The cooler master Silent Pro Gold 100W did not have enough cables for 2 580s,and there is no AX-1000.best bet was to get the AX-1200 for 1k more.

Mr.Tkin the main card WAS A GTX 260! the GTS 250 has MORE THAN HALF THE NUMBER OF GPU CORES AS THE GTX 260!!!SEE THE DRASTIC DROP WITH 9600GT and GT220!

And Chris Arthington,who died of Pneumonia was NOT paid by NVIDIA!
In fact he earned barely enough to support his mother's medication.After his death nvidia was noble enough to organize a fundraiser auction for his mother for his dedication to the forum!A real case modder made an awesome looking case and PC for his fundraiser.

how long have you been there to call it meh, eh?

i ask people to get AMD cards over nvidia cards within their budget- for example its better to get HD 6970 than GTX 570 for 22k.

most of the regulars over there are very neutral towards all companies intel,amd and nvidia.Many own Crossfire setups, even;and are well respected members with knowledge.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
ah hell i know that with OCP it wont get fried up i was not aware of the VX 550 having it.

i was not talking about certification.i was showing you that nvidia will only certify a product that can feed the cards enough Amps.the VX-550 cannot feed enough amps to 2 560Tis

And i have 2 GTX 580s which will last me 5 years in that time 1200W is what i got as my setup can and does draw 900W peak.i measured through my 2kva online UPS which has a screen showing all details ;)

The cooler master Silent Pro Gold 100W did not have enough cables for 2 580s,and there is no AX-1000.best bet was to get the AX-1200 for 1k more.
The HX1000w could've met your demands at lesser price:
GeForce GTX 580 SLI review
AX1200 has nice efficiency but only recommended for GTX580 tri sli setups.

Mr.Tkin the main card WAS A GTX 260! the GTS 250 has MORE THAN HALF THE NUMBER OF GPU CORES AS THE GTX 260!!!SEE THE DRASTIC DROP WITH 9600GT and GT220!

And Chris Arthington,who died of Pneumonia was NOT paid by NVIDIA!
In fact he earned barely enough to support his mother's medication.After his death nvidia was noble enough to organize a fundraiser auction for his mother for his dedication to the forum!A real case modder made an awesome looking case and PC for his fundraiser.

how long have you been there to call it meh, eh?

i ask people to get AMD cards over nvidia cards within their budget- for example its better to get HD 6970 than GTX 570 for 22k.

most of the regulars over there are very neutral towards all companies intel,amd and nvidia.Many own Crossfire setups, even;and are well respected members with knowledge.
Sorry for that unfortunate event, which I didn't know, but that does not mean I can validate your or his points. Do you believe that you need to have half or more number of cores of that of main card in physx cards? This would be the most weird idea ever, a GTS250 no matter which card its being paired with will be able to perform physx calculations real fast, so if you have a GTX580 and a GTS250, physx will be optimum, no need to go higher(unless you have triple monitor setup.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I disagree.i have an 8800GT lying around.I had tested physx with it and a single GTX580 when my 580s arrived. it actually performed very bad.

no screenies taken and with my WC loop it will be difficult to change my card just for this purpose.

to display the frame the GPU and Physx calculations have to be in sync.otherwise say your main GPU (eg GTX 470) has calculated its part,but the Physx card (GTS 250) is still calculating,then what will happen is that the 470 will have to wait for the GTS 250 to finish its calculations and then it will show end result.

this is why you need to have half the number of cores.no doubt the GTS 250 itself will be strong enough,but then it will cause the GTX 560 Ti to stall, because a GTX 560 Ti can eat batman's graphics for breakfast,while the physx is very intense/heavy on GPU overall.Although you wont see a frame drop below 30fps in a single 560 Ti anyway.Its a bit faster than two GTX 260s in SLI yknow.

Top Bottom