Post your latest Purchase

Azaad_Sri:
As per your screen shot (first one), the RAM is running at 798 Mhz. It is actually running at Dual Data Rate, hence the name DDR3. So the actual speed is 798 x 2 = 1596 Mhz. This is a flaw in CPU-Z so do not worry. By timings I meant the RAM timings. The lower the better. I actually referenced it my my DDR2 modules. I am running at 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V. Now you are at 9-9-9-25, which is much higher, but you have DDR3, the memory controller channels much MORE data. So your over all throughput bandwidth between the CPU --> controller --> RAM is considerably more than mine. You can read more about it here. To get it 'slightly' quicker raise the BCLK a bit, and re-arrange the ratios so you at 1600Mhz or closer, but not above.

The first SPD (serial presence detect) screen shot you have pasted, will NEVER change. It is picked from the system information burnt into the RAM modules by the manufacturer. Those are the official rating and setting/voltages the RAM has been guaranteed and tested to run at. Basically what you pay for.
Have you made the RAM voltage to 1.5V.

Sid:
Do what I mentioned above, as per JEDEC#4 of your SPD.
yes the ddr part is clear to me - 800x2 = 1600,
so I can't lower than 9-9-9-24.............?
voltage was already at 1.5v, so did not change it,

so actually I did not buy 1600fsb one?, or is it a fooling way of ram makers to make us buy lower clocked one thinking it was original 1600fsb, as the sticker was of 1600fsb where as the ram was made for 1333fsb default which could run at 1600fsb............am I right,

just now also checked to revert back the clock speeds to default 7-7-7-20, system failed to boot, so changed them back to 9-9-9-24, and command rate is 1 only............

any thing else should I know to run stably and safely, and the article was very informative, thanks a lot, please do share more of this kind for lesser informative like us:smile:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
yes the ddr part is clear to me - 800x2 = 1600,
so I can't lower than 9-9-9-24.............?
voltage was already at 1.5v, so did not change it,

so actually I did not buy 1600fsb one?, or is it a fooling way of ram makers to make us buy lower clocked one thinking it was original 1600fsb, as the sticker was of 1600fsb where as the ram was made for 1333fsb default which could run at 1600fsb............am I right,

just now also checked to revert back the clock speeds to default 7-7-7-20, system failed to boot, so changed them back to 9-9-9-24, and command rate is 1 only............

any thing else should I know to run stably and safely, and the article was very informative, thanks a lot, please do share more of this kind for lesser informative like us:smile:

I doubt you can go lower than 9-9-9-24. Those are the tightest specifications. Do not worry, you have RAM which can run at 1600. Though does CPUz not show you an XMP profile under SPD. Download the latest CPUz and check.

See these are not - out of the box 1600 RAMs. Most high performance RAM is like this. Even my XMS2 Corsairs, never ran at 1066 out of the box, I had to make slight changes. Once those were set, they are running dandy. Like I told you keep those setting, and tweak the BCLK a bit, so the FSB : DRAM ratios change, and you get stock 1600. THEY WILL RUN AT THAT. Man you are speaking G.Skill. That company cannot lie to customers..God might...G.skill will not. Satisfied now...! :)

I doubt you can go lower than 9-9-9-24. Those are the tightest specifications. Do not worry, you have RAM which can run at 1600. Though does CPUz not show you an XMP profile under SPD. Download the latest CPUz and check.

See these are not - out of the box 1600 RAMs. Most high performance RAM is like this. Even my XMS2 Corsairs, never ran at 1066 out of the box, I had to make slight changes. Once those were set, they are running dandy. Like I told you keep those setting, and tweak the BCLK a bit, so the FSB : DRAM ratios change, and you get stock 1600. THEY WILL RUN AT THAT. Man you are speaking G.Skill. That company cannot lie to customers..God might...G.skill will not. Satisfied now...! :)

cpuz is latest, and my rams don't have XMP profile, and so its also not shown in BIOS, once I changed the ratio from 2:8 to 2:12 - 1600mz was shown in bios,

it was just a doubt, because when you say its 1600fsb and you sell it like that and actually it runs at lower fsb................ so little confused by the kinda logic that is used in branding it 1600fsb:?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
WD Caviar Black 320GB. But I have a question, I'm having my older WD 160GB HDD. Both are SATA. I've connected both of 'em, but in My Computer, there's no 320GB drive. Err.... I suck at BIOS tweakin' and all that master and slave thingy. Could you guys help me? I'm using Win7 64-bit.

WD Caviar Black 320GB. But I have a question, I'm having my older WD 160GB HDD. Both are SATA. I've connected both of 'em, but in My Computer, there's no 320GB drive. Err.... I suck at BIOS tweakin' and all that master and slave thingy. Could you guys help me? I'm using Win7 64-bit.

if both sata, there is no question of master-slave things, if your drive is not detected, check it connecting it on other sata port, and recheck the power connector and check the drive on another computer, also change the sata connector and recheck, could be due to faulty cables, what psu do you have?

Top Bottom