Post your latest Purchase

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Azad:
Change the timings to 9-9-9-25 (man those are loose), and change the ram voltage to 1.5V. Now change the FSB:DRAM ratios so you get the RAM to correct speed. You should be good to go. Else toggle the BCLK a bit and then change the ratios.

Karan:
Finally the day has come. Great stuff you got. You better put up some images.

Piyush

Lanaya
here is list i bought....:)

1. Core i-5 750 10,000
2. Gigabyte GA P55 US3L 6350
3. Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz 6300
4. WD 500GB Caviar Blue 2200
5. Sapphire HD 5770 1GB 9800
6. Corsair VX 450 3650
7.NZXT Gamma 2100
8.Logitech USB mouse 350
9.Two 120mm External Fans (CoolerMaster) 500
:doogone:
do make sure to post some nice pics

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Karan:

haha yes finally....
but there was one major issue....it took me 6.5hrs to install windows 7...here is how it happend....

1) I got error msg 'as file is corrupted' while installing windows 7....it occured when there is a step of 'Expanding files in windows 7'
2) then i tried again...but got the same error....i thought DVD is faulty....
3) then i inserted windows XP (our old legendary hero)..but after copying all files system is restarted....(as usual)...but after displaying....Press any key to Boot from CD...it displayed .....a disk read error has occured...
press ctrl + alt + delete to restart.....
4)oh man...i tried xp four times but same boot error....
5) can anybody..tell me wat was the problem...
6) then around 8.30pm...i thought i wont give up so easily....inserted the same windows 7 DVD....& called my frnd frm whom i got the DVD....
while i was talkin abt the issue i faced with him on fone....he told never
make partitions with windows 7 DVD...i dnt knw y..but i alrdy committed dat..so no reverse process....then finally i was telling him on fone when the same error msg is abt to popup...eureka..some how the expanding...
file process completed successfully....

but for dat my 6.5hrs were wasted.....& i was too tired....to experiment...
:x

Azad:
Change the timings to 9-9-9-25 (man those are loose), and change the ram voltage to 1.5V. Now change the FSB:DRAM ratios so you get the RAM to correct speed. You should be good to go. Else toggle the BCLK a bit and then change the ratios.

Karan:

bro I did not get your statement "man those are loose"...........what do you mean by that:?:

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

@KaranTh85- congratulations on your purchase, however I don't think it has anything to do with win7 doing partition work, I did it with win7, however when I inserted the dvd it took more than 20 min to come up- then partition work then installation finished in 10-12 mins.

@asigh- I changed it to 9-9-9-25- anyways how is it beneficial?
changed the ratio, am getting 1600mz and in cpuz memory it showing 800mz, however in SPD - its still PC3-10700(667mz)? why is it like that, am I cheated by G-Skill rams :))- as on it the sticker was 1600FSB:???:.............am uploading the cpuz reports..........

this is the ram set - *www.gskill.com/products.php?index=110

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I even changed command rate to 2 from 1- it was mentioned on gskill forums, anyways what is its function?

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Can u please tell me all the changes u made for the RAM to work at it's highest speed..,,Coz i also have the same G.Skill DIMM's and they are not running at the intended speeds......

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
here is list i bought....:)

1. Core i-5 750 10,000
2. Gigabyte GA P55 US3L 6350
3. Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz 6300
4. WD 500GB Caviar Blue 2200
5. Sapphire HD 5770 1GB 9800
6. Corsair VX 450 3650
7.NZXT Gamma 2100
8.Logitech USB mouse 350
9.Two 120mm External Fans (CoolerMaster) 500

nice buy buddy. congrats. however the ram price is little high. also what are external fans?

why is it like that, am I cheated by G-Skill rams :))

bro now u start a "Cheated by G.Skill" thread :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Azaad_Sri:
As per your screen shot (first one), the RAM is running at 798 Mhz. It is actually running at Dual Data Rate, hence the name DDR3. So the actual speed is 798 x 2 = 1596 Mhz. This is a flaw in CPU-Z so do not worry. By timings I meant the RAM timings. The lower the better. I actually referenced it my my DDR2 modules. I am running at 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V. Now you are at 9-9-9-25, which is much higher, but you have DDR3, the memory controller channels much MORE data. So your over all throughput bandwidth between the CPU --> controller --> RAM is considerably more than mine. You can read more about it here. To get it 'slightly' quicker raise the BCLK a bit, and re-arrange the ratios so you at 1600Mhz or closer, but not above.

The first SPD (serial presence detect) screen shot you have pasted, will NEVER change. It is picked from the system information burnt into the RAM modules by the manufacturer. Those are the official rating and setting/voltages the RAM has been guaranteed and tested to run at. Basically what you pay for.
Have you made the RAM voltage to 1.5V.

Sid:
Do what I mentioned above, as per JEDEC#4 of your SPD.

Top Bottom