Post your latest Purchase

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Ordered Stanley soldering iron and a pair of scissors from fk :p
Isn't that too costly? A made in India Priya (25 watt) soldering iron would have costed almost a third, goes a long way (mine is still going strong after 5+ years) and has an indicator LED, which, I suppose this doesn't have. :-D :cool:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Isn't that too costly? A made in India Priya (25 watt) soldering iron would have costed almost a third, goes a long way (mine is still going strong after 5+ years) and has an indicator LED, which, I suppose this doesn't have. :-D :cool:
Didn't knew about that :| I'm new to this stuff :|

icebags

Technomancer

stanley one i guess has better material, the bit doesn't get burned to black or gets rusty easily even after years use, remains pretty shiny as new, well at least i think i heard something like that.....

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
stanley one i guess has better material, the bit doesn't get burned to black or gets rusty easily even after years use, remains pretty shiny as new, well at least i think i heard something like that.....
Can't say about Stanley, but I never had to change the bit. Yeah, the bit on my solder has an accumulation of some black substance, which, I think is the flux that is there in the soldering wire that burns and accumulates over time. I use a sandpaper to free the bit from this. Even if the need be, you can easily get a bit for 10-15 bucks from the local electronics repair shop.

Gollum

Collector
Can't say about Stanley, but I never had to change the bit. Yeah, the bit on my solder has an accumulation of some black substance, which, I think is the flux that is there in the soldering wire that burns and accumulates over time. I use a sandpaper to free the bit from this. Even if the need be, you can easily get a bit for 10-15 bucks from the local electronics repair shop.

Talking from experience.
I still have my solderon. Its very good for occasional use.

Gollum

Collector
yes.. and the material is such, it wont offer grip on hard wet surfaces..

Similar issues with me new shoes, very dangerous on wet steps.
I may need to buy cheap Goldstar shoes.
*cdn.shopclues.com/images/detailed/238/GoldStarShoes_1356779560.jpg

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Similar issues with me new shoes, very dangerous on wet steps.
I may need to buy cheap Goldstar shoes.
*cdn.shopclues.com/images/detailed/238/GoldStarShoes_1356779560.jpg

these goldstars are awesome for trekking. awesome grip due to the full rubber sole.

Woodlands are the pole opposite. they slip a lot. and are damn heavy. plus if they get wet... :censored:

Top Bottom