Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Does intel 845GVSR support GFX cards ????? Also I m finding it difficult to take the screenshots , how to take them ????

@mehul,What is direct rendering ??? also , I was logged in as root coz i was installing some applications that time.

mediator

Technomancer
Screenshots => press "printscreen" or use ksnapshot, set timer in it to take pic automatically after given delay.

Q. : What is Direct Rendering?
A : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Rendering_Infrastructure

Satissh S

Youngling
*img89.imageshack.us/img89/3377/screenshot1fo1.th.png *img152.imageshack.us/img152/1821/screenshot2fc5.th.png *img91.imageshack.us/img91/7204/screenshot3yz5.th.png

1. Hacked from Ujjwal's FvwM setup some ideas also from ESR's FVWM setup. :)
2. The program behind is Xearth which displays a 3d rotating earth.
3. Simple and Functional.

mediator

Technomancer
Hmmm, not so good as my previous post of screenshot from Lappy! But here's the new screenshot from desktop one.

*www.imageupload.com/uploads/thumb_9b6db_Screenshot-6.png

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
hey guys , help me take screenshots in my ubuntu edgy with beryl. when I use printscreen , it just takes the screen shot of one screen/desktop and not the 3D one. what to do ???

vinutux

Broken In
here is my ubuntu 6.10 Dapper LIKE MAC;)

*www.imageupload.com/my.php?image=40314_ubuntu.png
*www.imageupload.com%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://www.imageupload.com/uploads/40314_ubuntu.png

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
My Ubuntu Edgy with Beryl+AIGLX effects
*iup.in/img/praka123/thumb/Screenshot-2.jpg
Ubuntu Edgy Desktop View:
*iup.in/img/praka123/thumb/Screenshot9.jpg

S

sariq

here are some screenshots for beryl effects:

*www.imageupload.com/uploads/thumb_804ca_cube.png *www.imageupload.com/uploads/thumb_54aed_dream.png *www.imageupload.com/uploads/thumb_49a81_fire.png *www.imageupload.com/uploads/thumb_c8032_move.png

1.switching workspace on cube
2.minimise with dream effect
3.close window with burn effect
4.moving windows

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sariq

beryl setting manager>> animations
in "choices" tab in "close effect 1" select "burn"
close window normally either by mouse or Alt+F4

praka123

left this forum longback
Thanks.

*iup.in/img/praka123/thumb/Screenshot10.jpg

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@sariq , how u take screenshots in ur edgy ???? I tried printscreen but it took only one desktop .I also tried ksnapshot but an error occured.
please tell...

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
vinutux said:
here is my ubuntu 6.10 Dapper LIKE MAC;)

*www.imageupload.com/my.php?image=40314_ubuntu.png
*www.imageupload.com%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://www.imageupload.com/uploads/40314_ubuntu.png

Excellent!!! Brother, please share the secret of your beautiful desktop...

praka123

left this forum longback
@phenom:for taking screenshot of 3d desktop,try moving 3d manually by pressing CTRL+ALT and press mouse left button to move right or left desktops and doing this u can take screenshot by printscreen key afaik.it worked 4 me!

S

sariq

yeah, for taking 3d desktop's screen shot i have installed ksnapshot. it has timer for taking shot. set it to say 10sec and rotate cube...

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
hey guys , beryl effects were mind blowing. But as my system doesnt support those , it was creating problems like slow PC and many other bugs like window minimise , maximise prob , hanging prob etc. So I just uninstalled those and everything is fine again. except that resolution now is 1024*768 , earlier it was
1280*720. I m now used to 1280 one and I m unable to revert back to 1280 , any attempt hangs my pc. what to do ???

Top Bottom