Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

vito scalleta

In the zone
Talking about teachers I joined a very popular Computer training institute in TN to learn about programming basics. The first two days were about basics. Our trainer was explaining about the types of computers. then he pointed to the decade old computers around us in the lab and asked us what type of computers they were. And like almost every classroom in my state we kept quiet after the question. So he informed us that they were Super Computers :duh2:

I was thankful he didnt come for the programming sessions..

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Talking about teachers I joined a very popular Computer training institute in TN to learn about programming basics. The first two days were about basics. Our trainer was explaining about the types of computers. then he pointed to the decade old computers around us in the lab and asked us what type of computers they were. And like almost every classroom in my state we kept quiet after the question. So he informed us that they were Super Computers :duh2:

:lol: I suggest you to learn programming by yourself using resources available from Internet and Books. Training institutes ,especially in India, are a waste of money and time.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Training from a reputed institute is good rather learning yourself.

Nope. Learning yourself is far better than someone mis-guide you the whole time you sit there. I learned a lot compared to what my trainer from so-called trained me around 2006. We fail, we make mistake and we learn, if we learn ourself. Else we will be taught with "certain" industry specific training, which makes us nothing but another cheap-indian programming robot(which I heard from lot of foreigners), rather than a good programmer! It is just my opinion and my experience.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Quoting one of my teachers,

Beat it, if you can. ;)

:rofl:

140% done

Nope. Learning yourself is far better than someone mis-guide you the whole time you sit there. I learned a lot compared to what my trainer from so-called trained me around 2006. We fail, we make mistake and we learn, if we learn ourself. Else we will be taught with "certain" industry specific training, which makes us nothing but another cheap-indian programming robot(which I heard from lot of foreigners), rather than a good programmer! It is just my opinion and my experience.

depends. You made it clear in the first few lie by saying 'mis-guide you', so won't say anything.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
depends. You made it clear in the first few lie by saying 'mis-guide you', so won't say anything.

It is the FACT. I mean, learn basics from school/college, but after that it is up to us. Why would you depend on someone? I never said someone mis-guided me, in fact, I got lucky and my trainer was so good, and because of him, I am what I am now. But getting lucky is 1000:1 ratio.

We are not born-genius and it is not our fault. At every point of our life, we need teachers and it is what makes us literate. But what I see commonly these days is, young people with all the power they had with them(of course THE INTERNET is our power), they still expect someone to guide them, and afraid of making mistakes, in a field where making mistakes is very common. I have been working with fresh, bright minds out of college and still all they ask me is "Which book is best for so-and-so". Isn't this because of their spoon-feed way of learning.

So, no, it does not depends. Do you think all the inventors invent things because their trainer taught them? It is all about getting some idea, and how to learn. I am fed up listening to foreigners saying We dont want Indian developers. All I want is students from my country, should have self confident in them, explore, discuss on open-forums and mine information and be good(or in fact, decent) at whatever they are going to or planning to do. Is that so much to ask? And as an initiative, I encourage everyone I know who is in college now, write articles and discuss in forums and create awareness. Our next generation should not just be job-ready graduates, but rather invention-ready one.

P.S : I knew it is off-topic and I tend to keep it simple, but I simply cannot leave this hanging. So if you want to discuss more, open new thread.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
But getting lucky is 1000:1 ratio.
1:10000 i'd say :)
But what I see commonly these days is, young people with all the power they had with them(of course THE INTERNET is our power), they still expect someone to guide them
this because of their spoon-feed way of learning.
Isnt this a mis guide too? :)

I am fed up listening to foreigners saying We dont want Indian developers.
so am i.
All I want is students from my country, should have self confident in them, explore, discuss on open-forums and mine information and be good(or in fact, decent) at whatever they are going to or planning to do. Is that so much to ask? And as an initiative, I encourage everyone I know who is in college now, write articles and discuss in forums and create awareness.
but will they? no. why? because we are trained that way. and that just sucks.
Our next generation should not just be job-ready graduates, but rather invention-ready one.
given the current state it would take more than a single generation for that to happen :(

also I didnt say anything. I said it depends. I didnt say the current system we have is not a mis-guided one.

We are not born-genius
some people are, but their talent is just killed here in India :(

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Some institutes are good. Like at my place we have have one that charges only one session's fee but you are allowed to attend any number of sessions of he same subject (Java, C++, etc) throughout the duration of college. And they teach good too. But honestly, why spend >6000 bucks for something you can learn for free in the comfort of your home?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION]
At least I am trying my best to create awareness and telling others(including you :D) so they can spread it too. It is never too late for things to change.

[MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION]
+1. When one can do sh1t like FB,WhatsApp with internet, why not use the same to learn something which can help you get some knowledge and so your life.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Some institutes are good. Like at my place we have have one that charges only one session's fee but you are allowed to attend any number of sessions of he same subject (Java, C++, etc) throughout the duration of college. And they teach good too. But honestly, why spend >6000 bucks for something you can learn for free in the comfort of your home?

I am not talking about IT courses lol rather about PCMB :p
Subjects like Java are easy, not bragging but I completed my 11th Java book in 2 days :p

[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION]
At least I am trying my best to create awareness and telling others(including you :D) so they can spread it too. It is never too late for things to change.

well from now on, I'll try to do the same! :D :)

When one can do sh1t like FB,WhatsApp with internet, why not use the same to learn something which can help you get some knowledge and so your life.
Golden Words!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am not talking about IT courses lol rather about PCMB :p
Subjects like Java are easy, not bragging but I completed my 11th Java book in 2 days :p
IT is nothing but Googling for problems.... 90% of the time. :D

well from now on, I'll try to do the same! :D :)

Thanks, I appreciate. I helped my cousin understand what he want to be and what it needs to take, by making him realize it on his own. It took him 3 months to open up to me, and it was a good feeling. And now, he know his passion and because of that, he is good at it. But sadly, he always wanted to be a Developer:)() and he took EEE without even realized this fact.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
IT is nothing but Googling for problems.... 90% of the time. :D

Thanks, I appreciate. I helped my cousin understand what he want to be and what it needs to take, by making him realize it on his own. It took him 3 months to open up to me, and it was a good feeling.

well it was 8 hours of reading, then 2 hours of typing for me :p

I haven't been able to realize people what they want to be, but I have helped some in what they are trying to be. And yes it a very good feeling! :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
*cue music IIN*.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:D Now I can relate it and I am laughing myself

True that :-D

It is what I am seeing everyday.

TBH.. I dont recall when was the last time I googled for a solution to a problem related to work. I code 90% of the time.

Neither me, but the population is close to 10%. But thae rest 90% of so-called Developers population doing these days. And the funny thing is, even for simple NullPointerException, people are googling for solution. :D

$hadow

Geek in making
TBH.. I dont recall when was the last time I googled for a solution to a problem related to work. I code 90% of the time.

I have seen my roommate checking out the answer for gates all the time. His morning generally starts with a goggling a problem.

Top Bottom