Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Perfect Effects 8 is free only for a day. Any one interested check out this link & get the serial.
Although it says 12th, I guess they are following US calendar so it might last for some more time.

*www.ononesoftware.com/landing/pe8offer

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Perfect Effects 8 is free only for a day. Any one interested check out this link & get the serial.
Although it says 12th, I guess they are following US calendar so it might last for some more time.

*www.ononesoftware.com/landing/pe8offer

It is not at all smooth on my laptop (i7 4GB RAM) Tried using it but too much lag. Another software by the same company "perfect resize" is good though for enlarging images.

[MENTION=136027]swaggvc [/MENTION] image looks good. Needs some spot healing in left upper side. And clone the wire in corner

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I like the colors in the water in prashant's edit... I guess someone could mix the best of all the edits
In the next photomatix update, there will be a preset called TDF ;) we can easily pull the best of all :D

more raw/jpeg images please :smile:
*www.4shared.com/file/v4AZokXBce/CRW_3860.html

Gen, I wanted to ask you this for quite sometime but somehow missed it. There seems to be spots on your pictures. I assume it's on the lens. They were there on "dark and gloomy" picture and I could see in the last one too...

It is not at all smooth on my laptop (i7 4GB RAM) Tried using it but too much lag. Another software by the same company "perfect resize" is good though for enlarging images.
@swaggvc image looks good. Needs some spot healing in left upper side. And clone the wire in corner
If even i7 can't run it smooth, I don't think PDC will... :chinscratch:
Swag, ditto on what Prashant said. You may have made some adjustments but it didn't seem so as there are some spots, wires...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The above photograph was shot when I was shooting for a challenge. You guys have seen few of the photographs in that series before in photography thread (?).

I tried to fix the two issues "distortion and underexposure".
Tried to correct the distortion as Amlan suggested. I haven't tried this technique much before. May be few tutorials would throw some light on it.

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/GenIMG_4193-Edit-2_zpsc9a3f9b8.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
you guys want some other subject...let me go back home.. I can share some animal shots from tadoba which you can edit

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/CRW_3860_zps2a3912e5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As Prashant suggested, it may be boring to do landscape back to back. Not many of us posts portrait photographs. When I google if there is any site where they let us download original RAW files for practicing PP work. There are few sites I came across in the very first google search. So I guess there would be tons of sites like that. We can try that too... right?

Here are couple of the sites...

Free RAW
Free RAW files for retouchers

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac I am there na ;) just tell me what type of shot you want...in anycase you guys are taking PP to next level (unreal) I can share some pics ...let me share animal shot at night

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
it may be boring to do landscape back to back. Not many of us posts portrait photographs.

I'm pretty sure quite a few of us shoot portraits and stuff, but usually are hesitant to post it to the internet. I know a couple of people who would throw a fit if they saw their picture here :p

We could do street photography and macros. Will try to post a couple of good ones. Also people do post the jpeg of of the raw when you post the link, that way we have something to compare the final edits to

sujoyp

Grand Master
sharing two shots from my recent trip which I think could look much better

*copy.com/gWX0fE789eIO

*copy.com/SSyuNa4MQDg3

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Gen, I wanted to ask you this for quite sometime but somehow missed it. There seems to be spots on your pictures. I assume it's on the lens. They were there on "dark and gloomy" picture and I could see in the last one too...

Thanks. I never really noticed before. I'll check out my other pics.

I tried to fix the two issues "distortion and underexposure".
Tried to correct the distortion as Amlan suggested. I haven't tried this technique much before. May be few tutorials would throw some light on it.
You really fixed the distortion on this one. Looks much better than your first attempt.

*www.4shared.com/file/v4AZokXBce/CRW_3860.html
Your attempt in #331 is nice but I think you overexposed the ground.

Couldn't really do much with it. Still need to do something to make it look special.

This is just for fun, I guess it does not look natural.

*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/nacland_zpsba5a18ce.jpg

This is the first attempt.
*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/naclandoriginal_zps734b5242.jpg

My internet sucks today, I'll try Sujoyp's RAW file tomorrow may be.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Gen, That's good :thumbs: Nicely added the green field.
Thanks. I think it looks kind of fake.

No one tried sujoyp's deer yet ??
Here's the first one. The pic is nice, only if the deer was a little less blurry.

*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/sujoyp_Deer_zpsc32ced1a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom