Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thanks. I think it looks kind of fake.

No one tried sujoyp's deer yet ??
Here's the first one. The pic is nice, only if the deer was a little less blurry was less.

I tried. I m waiting for new topaz toolkit download to finish so that I can try their deblur tool before posting.

BTW anyone knows how to use White Balance Selector in Lightroom?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ So far I either move the slider left/right (if it is RAW, I use preset) or pick the pen like thing and click on the image where I think the tone is neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ Gen, Thinking of "I am legend" kind... Will see whether I will give it a try or not? Most likely by the weekend.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Something close to what they call "white balance card" i.e. 18% grey. Yeah, we can't find grey in every picture. Just click it where you think that is close to grey and keep it as a starting point. From there you can move the sliders and lock the one you feel right.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Posting 3 versions
*i.imgur.com/yhzKRYMl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/WQFsZNcl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/pNy6qoul.jpg

I cropped the image to get the eye of deer on the intersection point acc to rule of thirds B-)

sujoyp

Grand Master
prashant the difference between your 1st and second editing is ..in first it seems that light is harsh as its afternoon sun...and in 2nd its seems softer light and its morning ..now I could not select from them ;) I liked the details of 1st but like the light of 2nd

sujoyp

Grand Master
here is a pic of flower ...try to make it beautiful...I think details are good but its bit underexposed
*copy.com/Rvu2ch3YQCqI

sujoyp

Grand Master
no way prashant ...very poor PP I would say ...you have overexposed background ...lost details of flower...colors and contrast level is bad

here is mine

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2936/14036175387_4c44e898b2_c.jpgDSC_0095 by sujoyp, on Flickr

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I was still doing the other 3 deer pic, here it is. I will try the flower soon.

*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/Sujoyp3Deers_zps8ee056e2.jpg

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I don't know sujoy, in your pic, the color of petals is so deep that the texture is not visible, I tried to bring that out by decreasing saturation and contrast :) I think it is a matter of taste

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Attempt #2
Extra clarity at centre using radial filter in LR5
*i.imgur.com/f41QCIg.jpg?1

Now i look at my picture from yesterday n think... what did i do:oops:

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I now find that shooting macros in the afternoon, when there is the most amount of light, is a smarter choice. It seems to need a crazy amount of light for a good shot

sujoyp

Grand Master
you are learning right way amlan :D :D macro need to shoot at f8 and below and that need lots of light to keep stable at 1/125-1/150 SS ...soo we use flash...

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
RAW file attached

ok got one of my friends to pose for a decent silhouette. Posting the raw here, lets see what can be done with it. Added the big bold letters so that the link does not get lost :p

*www.dropbox.com/s/kavvi0n2mhns9rz/DSC03194.ARW

sujoyp

Grand Master
here is my attempt to amlan's pic ...btw thats a superb shot...sky is very beautiful there

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5036/14043906848_79fff671e1_c.jpgDSC031914 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

Top Bottom