Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Dragan Effect
Basically an effect that adds more impact to portraits. There is no particular way of doing this, and the final result depends on your own taste.

[YOUTUBE]45XkfwxiEDs[/YOUTUBE]

Other ways to do it is using dodge and burn tool and high pass filter
The only thing I feel is important is the eyes. Eyes should be in focus and if possible use polarising filter to cut of reflections

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Monkey Portraits by Sujoy

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/SujoyMonkey3-Edit_zps5571b19e.jpg

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/SujoyMonkey1-Edit_zps5234b6de.jpg

Cyanide

Broken In
PP
*i.imgur.com/QejTA7O.jpg
*i.imgur.com/8eWpPXI.jpg

Original
*i.imgur.com/pyql1Fu.jpg
*i.imgur.com/L9nWbaq.jpg

@pics : I find the original ones to be dull, this how it looked though.
what should have done to get a better pic in the first place? (i.e without PP)

Last edited:
OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Seems like you had a warm white balance, Like cloudy or sunny. Using auto white balance or bulb would have given you more blue pics.

The rest just seems an increase in saturation, easily done by using the vibrant setting in that camera

- - - Updated - - -

Posting RAW file

seems this place has gotten a little too silent ... will post a couple of RAW files here if anyone wants to try their hand at editing

Was trying to get an HDR shot at sunset. Here's the RAW file

*www.dropbox.com/s/v4rlv6phro6p8xd/DSC07106.ARW?dl=0

This is the best edit that I could do on this, would love to see what all you can make of this..... and any tips for shooting this in future

*i.imgur.com/Tiej8gil.jpg

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks everyone ... I got a good edit but somehow it does not have that high contrast HDR type feel. Like what you see in advertisements

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
thanks everyone ... I got a good edit but somehow it does not have that high contrast HDR type feel. Like what you see in advertisements

Don't have irfanview or Lightroom so I tried to edit your jpeg. I thought the car was looking a little too dark in your edit..

*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/Tiej8gil_zpsb22dd630.jpg

Top Bottom