Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=143631]axelzdly1[/MENTION] yes remaining part was very underexposed compared to this half and there was not much to see there...those buildings and tower does not add any value to beautiful landscape..also the cloud was plain in that part...soo I decided to crop that off :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/AmlanDSC03194-Edit-2_zpscdc167f8.jpg

Duplicate

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Amlan_zps7a10a6d1.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
eeh I know only 4-5 things in photoshop...there are userfriendly softwares like lightroom,picasa,ACDsee which can be used for editing

kaz

right here
Photoshop is vast as ocean. :(

And I haven't stepped on the shore yet :(

- - - Updated - - -

eeh I know only 4-5 things in photoshop...there are userfriendly softwares like lightroom,picasa,ACDsee which can be used for editing

Lightroom is cool....But layers in Photoshop takes editing to a whole new level.... Have installed Photoshop after formatting my laptop and installing Windows 8.1.... Time to watch the gigs of tuts which have downloaded, no more laziness :p

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
If you don't know photoshop, there are other tools like
- DxO optics pro for basic RAW corrections
- LR for image adjustments
- Photomatrix for HDR
- Microsoft ICE for panorama
- Topaz plugins for some very cool advanced image editing
- Nik collection
- Oloneo Photoengine

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Axel, :lol: Now I am googling how to get reflection effect :D

Prashant, Though you have mentioned those software before, now it look like a lengthy list. :)

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
The above panorama I did was with Photoshop.. File>Automate>Merge , Hugin is an advanced panorama tool..the best!

Photoshop is a plethora of image editing tools. Lightroom is the set of useful image-adjustment-only tools in Photoshop.
For mastering the pp one can start with Picasa? to experience swift-basics, and then to Lightroom, which is more advanced and extensive.. All the special effects like text effects, HDR and creative edits are done best in Photoshop, although Lightroom has pLugins for every sort, but not very flexible in adjusting various elements.

also Lightroom is a NDE software, non destructive editing and very useful for sorting out our messy photography folders..

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I'm surprised you don't add gimp to these lists. It's has similar features to Photoshop, has some amazing scripts for some really cool effects, and best of all its free

kaz

right here
If you don't know photoshop, there are other tools like
- DxO optics pro for basic RAW corrections
- LR for image adjustments
- Photomatrix for HDR
- Microsoft ICE for panorama
I have these :D

- Topaz plugins for some very cool advanced image editing
- Nik collection
- Oloneo Photoengine
Downloading :p

Any place where I can get photoshop layers for free? Something like light coming from sky/windows, flares etc...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have slightly different set
Photoshop
Lightroom
Acdsee ...I like its simple interface
Picasa for cropping
Neat image for removing noise
Microsoft ICE for panorama
Photomatrix when I dont feel editing landscape :D

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Any place where I can get photoshop layers for free? Something like light coming from sky/windows, flares etc...

Gimp can do this to some extent, plus there are a couple of specialized software that allow you to do this too.

Also surprised that people here are not using irfanview (for super quick editing, resizing, cropping etc - super small program that is really fast. Plus it has a really good batch mode) or even instagram (the filters might be irritating but it does have some really cool presets)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Ooh you are right amlan ...I use irfan view too....its my default image viewer for last 10 years ...and soo I forgot to mention it ...I use its batch mode regularly for reducing the size of pics to be uploaded online..

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Link to the RAW file of a flower shot.
CRW_4119_01 - Download - 4shared

If you guys want to try few flower shots, I can share few more. I want to do it, but couldn't...

Top Bottom