**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Guys India is one of the worst countries in terms of Internet/broadband connectivity.Look at some European countries people sit on 2MBPS to 10MBPs unlimited connections at a paltry 10$-40$(~Rs430 to Rs1920).And even free in some of the countries.I don't think This is the right direction for India to proceed,I mean guys Broadband connectivity is the future with streaming videos and video on demand posing serious threat to idiot boxes(read T.V.).I hope the prices will drop drastically in Delhi within 1-2 years owing to the Upcoming commonwealth games.MTNL has proposed to set up wifi zones at some Important lacations and will provide high speed Broadbands(max speeds 2.4MB as far as I remember) just like mobile phones wirelessely.I can't wait.

One more thing where is that 2mbps broadband MTNL advertised so furiously .I have restricted plan and I still get 256KBPS.This is pure s***.

And MTNL is really greedy with no concern whatsoever for customers.They save a lot of money by hiring Neanderthals to sit and say stupid things at their Call centres.

I HATE MTNL BUT I HAVE NO OTHER OPTION!!!!

And anyone of you know how to have 2mbps unlimited plan??I am willing to pay upto 3000P.M. for this.I am from Delhi.

Please pardon me for my not so good english.

Last edited:
OP
techno_funky

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
ANybody in mumbai ,is your MTNL working good .I ve got a random sites ( read : quite a critical ones) not opening at all until I reboot the router a couple of times.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
me toh getting masti speeds.....270KBps...ya u read it rite..KBps......the connection is frm my dads office so no charges....checked it on the mtnl site speed tester...1.9xx mbps.....my has been workin fine for the past 2 months no probs...only thing is tht im not able to configure my static IP add with the router..ane help will be greatly appreciated:D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Ambar said:
me toh getting masti speeds.....270KBps...ya u read it rite..KBps......the connection is frm my dads office so no charges....checked it on the mtnl site speed tester...1.9xx mbps.....my has been workin fine for the past 2 months no probs...only thing is tht im not able to configure my static IP add with the router..ane help will be greatly appreciated:D

Wow 1.9mbps thats great.Whats your connection type mate umlimited or limited one?

MTNL claims to provide 2mbps to their regular limited MB user but I still get 248kbps.I feel like throwing the router in gutter.They charge a hellova amount of money and still give sh!tty speeds.BTW we can't even call it broadband at 248kbps.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
^^ Yeah lol itne paise mein toh 4 mbps speed milti hai foreign countries mein.:mad:

Ambar said:
i dont know about the plan but my dads office ppl say tht u have a 40 gb limit to downloads..:D
Lucky chap.:p

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
have the dns servers for mtnl mumbai changed or are they the same>>
203.94.227.70 and 203.94.243.70

coz since the last few days my connection has been crappy with only some sites working also when i try to ping the dns servers thru the d-link interface it fails.

napster007

Padawan
i want an advise.

i've heard that mtnl has launched the night unlimited 2mbps plan. Now i already have the 256k unlimited plan. 80% of the net servise i use only foe downloading stuff due which i leave my system running most of the time. But i get speeds upto only 25 kBps. Now should i take the night unlimited 2mbps plan? it willl give me an advantage of good speed but it'll be a problem to stay awake till 12 in the night and then put my downloads. and also they cap the downloads in the morning to 1.25gb. so what should i do???

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^With 256k unlimited you can download approx 2GB in a day and with 2mbps night unlimited you can download approx 7 GB in one night...choice is yours...

ak24

Broken In
I wanted to change my 256 NU plan to the new 2 Mbps plan when i called 1500 the lady on the phone me that it is not going to make any change its 256 Kbps and UPTO 2 Mbps. I dont know why but she insisted that if speed was the issue i wanted to change my plan then i better speak with someone who is using this plan. Could someone who is using the new 2Mbps Nu kindly tell that he is recieving the speed as said.
Thanxs

napster007

Padawan
well i changed it for sure. it costs 749/- and its sept 1 already. well actually its only been 10mins since sept 1. my plan has not changed yet. i'll confirm asap

Top Bottom