** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Use this thread to post all your BSNL Dataone related questions. Use it to get your BSNL related queries and general topics like how can I know the transfers of my connection and more!
Use it to get all your answers!!

Threads on Dataone started after this sticky has been posted will be merged into this one.

Last edited:

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I got my telephone bill for september some days before, but i checked it only today. To my surprise there's nothing regarding DataOne!!! No monthly rent, No Modem rent....

I havent even paid the security deposit, they told me they will charge it on my telephone bill. But believe it, I enjoyed BSNL DataOne free on Ssptember.

I dont know whether they give me a seperate bill, or append this one to my october bill. and tracking me will be very easy as there's only 16 DataOne users in my whole exchange.

Retro

Journeyman
Hmm...Interesting. I've always got my Dataone Bill with the Phone Bill. Don't worry, BSNL isn't that dumb. You might probably get a separate bill or one of your family members paid the whole amount for the year.

BTW, Great Thread Dr.Grudge.

kato

Karthiksn
i m sure they wont let u get it for free and it may not be written but added to the bill directly wat htey had done to my bill. I got bill 3000 total of phone and dataone they charged us 1000 extra and said it was a mistake in billing

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
this is for those who had queries about the unaccounted usage. i got my bill for sept. i got my dataone connection on 20th sept. the charges for 10dayz were rs.177.72. tho i downloaded more than 2gb during the happy hours i wasnt charged. btw am in bangalore.

so, 3 folks here (drgrudge, papudada and me) haf confirmed it till now. hey tarey_g, hope ur doubts are cleared.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thx infra_red_dude ,but i was talking abt the overlapped usages . I know that the happy hrs usage will not be charged . thx anyway.

btw drgrudge can u merge this thread here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30780

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
my latest bill came in

i expected to be billed for 1000Rs as i exceeded my usage of 2gbs , but they charged me 2800Rs.

they overcharged me 750 installation which i got them to less from my account aftewr fighting for 2 hrs.

and balance amount above 1000 is my phone sec. amount.

BUT WHY ISNT THEIR DAMN SITE SHOWING ME MY RECORDS??

i went to dataone.in and clicked on account admin and it takes me to bsnl.co.in

im unable to see my account. also there was another site in some 2xx.xxx.xxx kind of address which dataone.ion reidrected b4. there i loged in successfully but used to get "server timedout" if i clicked on any link.

bsnl help guys think time out is of my system. how foolish of them

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
kato said:
i m sure they wont let u get it for free and it may not be written but added to the bill directly wat htey had done to my bill. I got bill 3000 total of phone and dataone they charged us 1000 extra and said it was a mistake in billing

No they dont. I've got only a telephone bill of Rs. 1000, of which Rs. 700 is my bi-monthy rent.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I had aplied for BB and i had been told that my bb will start working from 26th so i want to know that in how many days i have to finish my1 GB limit. And what's the monthly cycle of bb 1st or 16th.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
monthly cycle is 1st. but i heard that if u cross 500mb in 15 days then it is charged. i'm not sure about this. but the billing cycle is from 1st for sure.

if it started working from 26th, then u get 4/31=0.024gb

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Then in the case i have to pay the whole 500 or not? I was asked to pay the 1st month's rental in advance and i had payed it. Will my 500 be wasted

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nope i had that doubt too. asked bsnl ppl..and everyone gave me a diff answer...

drgrudge told me that its taken as security deposit and refunded when u get ur connection disconnected.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
One month advance rental is collected as a security deposit and won't count for any month, it will be returned when you surrender your connection. AFAIK, for those connection which begins after the 20th of a month, they wont collect rent, but charges according to ur usage. Rs. 1.5/MB i think.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

So we get rs. 1k when we surrender? Rs. 500 that we paid in the first bill and the 500 we paid in the beginning.. correct?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
This is what u get when u surrender ur connection

Rs. 500 for Modem SD, if u have a modem rental plan
One month advance rent paid (Only for Business plans, and home plans above Home1000).

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Modem SD is not refundable.

We paid:
500 --> Modem SD
500 --> installation (both non-refundable).
500 --> first month's payment
Another 500, which I can't account for. Plus 10.2% service tax.
First month extra 500 will be refunded irrespective of the plan, or atleast they will refund for plan Home 500.

I have posted this many times, but now I have forgot :(

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Ofcourse Modem SD is refundable

refer to *www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

Installation charges are not refundable.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I had taken the modem in one time payment i.e. 1200 I am taking about another 500 which i was aked for one month's advance rental and i had applied in plan 500

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
i havent given an single paise till now for BSNL DataOne. Beleive it or not, not a single penny, even no rental.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
*10.240.43.216/ asking for chinese languge pack

for past few hours i am getting this messege when ever i try to login to DataOne Portal from few PCs in our Cafe... all of them running windwos XP SP2 Pro with update2date....

*img458.imageshack.us/img458/1404/untitled6uo.th.jpg

i get this messege only when i log in from any Administrator account... i dont understand why does BSNL DataOne account portal needs chinese languge pack :shock: :shock:

Top Bottom