@gagandeep
Can you pl explain the procedure?
*img99.imageshack.us/img99/4938/88364868il4.th.jpg

*img338.imageshack.us/img338/4981/16226051dz6.th.jpg

*img237.imageshack.us/img237/317/seethisqa3.th.jpg

bhunnu16

Broken In
Wireless Sharing

I got a wireless Siemens SL2 141(Type B) wireless modem with my dataone connection. The modem is currently connected to my desktop PC. Now I want to share the internet connection on my laptop simultaneously with the PC. Is it possible to share the connection between a Desktop and a Laptop at the same time.

wbinodkr

Right off the assembly line
Re: Wireless Sharing

dear Bhunnu16
u have to set ur wireless modem in router mode. enter 192.168.1.1 in ur browser url and enter admin and admin as ur id and password (as in most router). enter in WAN and set PPPoE and save then reboot. thats all. Another important things is u have to set SSID in such a way that both in ur router and laptop must have same user ID and password.

bhunnu16

Broken In
Re: Wireless Sharing

dear Bhunnu16
u have to set ur wireless modem in router mode. enter 192.168.1.1 in ur browser url and enter admin and admin as ur id and password (as in most router). enter in WAN and set PPPoE and save then reboot. thats all. Another important things is u have to set SSID in such a way that both in ur router and laptop must have same user ID and password.

Thanks wbinodkr.

Is anyone able to view the usage details on *bbservice.bsnl.in.
I am able to login but there in the select month menu there is no option. Please tell me where can I view my usage details other than this site.

I am not able to view data usage on *bbservice.bsnl.in.
Does any one facing this problem. Kindly tell me where can I view my usage details other than this site.

Last edited:

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
people,
i have a question. i got my new dataone connection..i got my userbame and password...where do i go to to see my account usage?? i have not got any portal ids>..

Samyajit

I'm using BSNL DataOne Broadband connection. I've purchased Siemens C2110 ADSL modem from BSNL. These days I'm facing a problem that the modem is hanging after sometime-all the four leds(Power-Red,Link-Yellow,Data-Green,PC/USB-Green/Red) are becoming still. I'm connecting the modem through the USB port. After the modem hangs no data transfer occurs and the USB ports also hang and cant detect any other USB devices. The modem is drawing power from external source. The modem does not get detected if I reboot it. All the lights except the one of PC/USB-Green/Red glow. The modem starts working after I reboot my system. I’ve stopped the device from going into power save mode. I've tried reinstalling modem drivers,USB Root and even WindowsXP. The problem is persisting.
Motherboard: KOB 815eTFSX
Please help.....

Maxfx

Broken In
I want to know the difference between four different types of modems offered by BSNL
i.e. TYPE-I,TYPE-II,TYPE-III,TYPE-IV

mrbgupta

Journeyman
I want to know the difference between four different types of modems offered by BSNL
i.e. TYPE-I,TYPE-II,TYPE-III,TYPE-IV

Type I : 1 Ethernet,1 USB
Type II : 1 Ethernet ,1 USB, Wi-Fi
Type III : 4 Ethernet,1 USB
Type IV : 4 Ethernet,1 USB, Wi-Fi

paroh

Padawan
Go for type 4 wireless modem (4 Ethernet and Wi-Fi). I don't know whether it has usb port or not. As mtnl type 4 wireless router has 4 Ethernet, Wi-Fi

red_devil

Back!
guys what is this portal ID that you are talking about ??

even i didn't get one... but to check my usage on dataone.in i only enter the username and password give to me...

never have i found the necessity for any portal id's..

[or has it got anything to do with NIB 2 ?? ]

guys what is this portal ID that you are talking about ??

even i didn't get one... but to check my usage on dataone.in i only enter the username and password give to me...

never have i found the necessity for any portal id's..

[or has it got anything to do with NIB 2 ?? ]
I check my usage at data.bsnl.in and my mail id ends with @mail.bsnl.in unlike the dataone.in site where it ends with @dataone.in. I dunno which is NIB-1 and 2 but for both users it seems to be different. In fact, I cant even remember my portal ID. There are 11 digits in it!

chi321

Anyone here facing browsing speed prob? Since 2-3 days I'm getting horrible speed while surfing but old good download speed, 200 on torrents and 230-240 on rapidshare. This is happening with my friend too who lives near my home. Using 500 NU and in Indore.

korak

1st of all i dont know wat the problem is, it goes like this,
my data1 connection was having some problem frm the exchange side ,after they got it cleared some workercame to home and did some kind of changes in my data1 modem through entering 192.168.1.1 in explorer and they change my i.p from 192. 168.1.3.. I was using commodo internet security [free version fully updated].It detected a new network i.e. 192.168.1.3 and allowed it to make contact through internet.

After sometime my firewall started crashing ,so i decided to re-install windows[XP SP2].everything went smoothely but whenever i tried to connect to internet one of the svchost.exe closes and i lose connection i.e their is dsl link but no connection.I then tried formatting all my hard disk but the problem persist.If u want i can give u the detail of svchost.exe error. richt now i'm using firefox and utorrent ,but i've to restart every time i lose connection.Its really frustating, svchost.exe when closes the message is "Generichost for Windows" is closed unexpectedly and blah blah .....................if ur able to understand my problem then pls help me out. I've not played CS for last 72 hrs. and the net connection is causing a lot of frustation if u want ne other info. pls tell me or mail me at korakcs@gmail.com

THIS IS MY THIRD RESTART JUST TO SEND THIS POST

Last edited:
I just switched to 750 unlimited plan. Want to know what is the torrent speed you guys are getting on this plan. I'm getting like 30-35 tops on a good torrent now. I was on 500+ plan earlier and used to get around 200 kb/s after configuring port forwarding and reannouncing torrents on btreannouncer.

VexByte

Norms Buster
I just switched to 750 unlimited plan. Want to know what is the torrent speed you guys are getting on this plan. I'm getting like 30-35 tops on a good torrent now. I was on 500+ plan earlier and used to get around 200 kb/s after configuring port forwarding and reannouncing torrents on btreannouncer.
Getting the same speed on 750 UL plan !

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

u r getting good speed in this plan no problem :)

Top Bottom