** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

I have just changed my BSNL Dataone Plan from HS-250 to HS-500 plan.
I had given the application for the plan change on 26th july and on 2nd of august it has started to show HOME 500: Speed 256 KBps in the service name column and it is also showing 0 in all downloads between 2-8 am in Night unlimited Column.

Now about my question
I just wanted to know that am I safe to sownload between 2-8 am and the mbs downloaded at this timewill not be charged because I have read a review on net in which a person is charged for mbs who has like me changed from HS-250 to HS-500 and downloaded gbs of data at 2-8 am ending up with a huge bill of Rs 15000.

PS->He has not specified about what was the service being displayed at his browser but it was showing 0 download in Night unlimited column in his acount
Are there any chances that I might also face such type of situation if i download at 2-8 pm???

tinku dhar

In the zone

well man ... ,

i got the same QUETION as me too changed it frm 250 to 500 plan but now ... i heard tht its frm 8pm to 8am in the morin is UNLIMITED ... but 1day when i connected at 8pm and downloaded for 10pm ... the kbs ... was still showin in the bsnl A/C site ... m totally CONFUSED .... wat is it .. 250 plan or 500 :(

coll1986c

Right off the assembly line

hi
Well this is my first post but my question is already put by aniishvara@gmail.com same to same by copying it from chip-india.com
Well I just wanted to know am I safe to download now between 2 - 8 am or not

For you tinku dhar
free download time is from 2 - 8 am

Can anyone help me

Last edited:

pop143 said:
Please somebody answer me..

.i changerd to plan 900...now my browsing speed is reduced.

pages were loading damn fast when i was in h500...now 2-3 secs late it is...
this lags in browsing...

but in download am getting 26 kbps .....now....!!!!!!!!!!

donno wots happening......any1 have experienced the same..????

Well, It also depends on the speed of the server and the traffic.

I'm also getting the same speed ~25 kbps

hy
i am going to subscribe BSNL broad band with 250 PLAN (400 MB limit) but still not sure whether 400 MB is sufficient or not for me. Thats why i want to know from u people,as per my uses which i describe here can i manage in 400 MB.
1. check daily yahoo mails...having no download attachment only upload CV.
2. open only naukri related sites daily.
3. google searching daily ...
4. Download norton definitions updates 2 times in month
5. open forums regular basis.
6. open newspapers sites.
7. no download any type and no upload other then sending resume.
8. And chatting of course.....

For those people who already use BSNL 250 plan i want to know is they manage one month in 400 MB, or pay extra. and also tips for manage in 400 MB limits.

thanks
Vikas

I would recommend you settle for eith Home 500 or UL900[/plus] even if you regularly visit forum and the sort and downloadin stuff. Unlimited is the best bet for bandwidth, Go for Home 500 if you comparitively more speed. There's are Night Unlimited in Home 500.

I just wanted to know that am I safe to sownload between 2-8 am and the mbs downloaded at this timewill not be charged because I have read a review on net in which a person is charged for mbs who has like me changed from HS-250 to HS-500 and downloaded gbs of data at 2-8 am ending up with a huge bill of Rs 15000.

If you are in for downloading stuff, make no mistake. Go for Unlimited Plan... No Compromise

PinKLip

Broken In

aniishvara@gmail.com said:
I have just changed my BSNL Dataone Plan from HS-250 to HS-500 plan.
I had given the application for the plan change on 26th july and on 2nd of august it has started to show HOME 500: Speed 256 KBps in the service name column and it is also showing 0 in all downloads between 2-8 am in Night unlimited Column.

Now about my question

PS->He has not specified about what was the service being displayed at his browser but it was showing 0 download in Night unlimited column in his acount
Are there any chances that I might also face such type of situation if i download at 2-8 pm???
Even your portal shows H500, and your plan is changed on 2nd aug, there may not be update in the TRA(billing section) of BSNL.
So be in safer side, start downloading/night unlimited using from next month i.e.- september, and one more thing, donot get fooled by "0 download in Night unlimited column", it even shows in H250 during 2-8am in sometime, I donot know no why.
This is my personal experience
Regards pinKLip

coll1986c

Right off the assembly line

Ok I Understand that I should be careful in downloading night mbs and should start from next month but wat about 1 Gb free

PrinceHeart

In the zone

OK ......

Guys and Gals..
I am officially using DataOne as of now and guess im a part of this family too.
Got HOME UL 900 Plus yearly advance. Im getting 28/32 KBps as of now, online since 4+ hrs. Using with USB type I modem. Looking good as of now.

Thrusday - I applied for the new telephone connection. At the end of the day. paid 500 for telephone and 10200 for dataone ( 9000 +1200modem) Got line dug out in front of my house and got a private box inside my garage on that same day.

Friday - got dial tone on my phone, got no phone - cause the guy was out of city. Got my no.

Saturday - got phone. went to get my preffered username. got it. Got modem and stuffs. Now online.

Still to pay by monday - 12.24 % service charge for the whole yr. + 100 for the registration charges for dataone. I will ask if i can pay the whole 2600 for the new telephone connection too. for security and other stuffs for the phone connection. Let see.

Well this is the fastest ISP i have used in india as of yet. I used to browse at 350KBps back in sydney, australia few yrs back. Well i don't think i can get that speed in india any sooner yet. So atleast this dataone is good enuff for now.

cheerz

Venom

Journeyman

Were you using Optus in Australia? I heard that 512k's got dead cheap there now.

kisorgovinda

Broken In

I am having BSNL home 250 plan. Today I am unable to send any message through dataone email using outlook express. However, I am receiving email. I went to dataone site and could sent email using my dataone id. I tried to contact the ISP at 18004241600. First time a voice told that the number is blocked. Next time the IVRS worked and on selecting option 2 i.e. customer care officer, one voice went on telling "Pls hold on" but no connection even after 15min. of holding the line. I am located at Kolkata.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz

Well, i'm happy with BSNL, but from the last few days, i've observed that the connection is never constant during the Happy Hours time. It connects for about 15min, then disconnects until 2-3hours.

I can hardly download some 100-150MB/day:mad:

I know its temporary, but still, this is the time when i make use of my facilities and they're denying it to me..

Does anybody else have such a problem??

Savvy:!:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

you should check ur Signal to noise ratio... should be around 20db

Venom

Journeyman

yrana2002 said:
Well, i'm happy with BSNL, but from the last few days, i've observed that the connection is never constant during the Happy Hours time. It connects for about 15min, then disconnects until 2-3hours.

I know its temporary, but still, this is the time when i make use of my facilities and they're denying it to me..

Simple man, its SNR, jusr put your phone off the hook and it shouldnt disconnect. Complain.

PrinceHeart

In the zone

yeah its optus. and its abt some rs. 1100 monthly with 3 month free if anyone commit for a yr of their services. and they do got lots of other facilities too.

peace

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

PrinceHeart said:
yeah its optus. and its abt some rs. 1100 monthly with 3 month free if anyone commit for a yr of their services. and they do got lots of other facilities too.

peace

Bloody Assusies. :cool:

kisorgovinda

Broken In

Venom said:
It may be your email settings perhaps...

I have checked my email settings they are the same as provided by BSNL. The peculiarity is that I am receiving email but are unable to send.

vaithy

In the zone

yrana2002 said:

Dear!!

It is like having a fastest car on a wide lane but catched in a traffic snarls, but are you going to blame the car maker, or others who, want to test their own wares at the same time in the same place ?

- If the problems persist , please contact your customer care service centre!
Thank you!
`Vaithy

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle

My piece of mind has gone since i got my connection 900 unlimited. half the time link failure, then sometimes poor connectivity, customer support nil, n all sorts of problem. to sum up last month (june) bsnl slapped me with a bill of Rs. 24,192.00 out of which BB Charges is Rs. 19251.00. Gr8. This is 900 unlimited plan.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

sysfilez said:
My piece of mind has gone since i got my connection 900 unlimited. half the time link failure, then sometimes poor connectivity, customer support nil, n all sorts of problem. to sum up last month (june) bsnl slapped me with a bill of Rs. 24,192.00 out of which BB Charges is Rs. 19251.00. Gr8. This is 900 unlimited plan.

Seems like they have charged you as per the old plan. Please check in the portal as to when your unlimited plan was activated. Then if everything is all right from your end, take a screenshot and a printout along with the service records and then meet the commercial officer of your area.

Top Bottom