**Post All Cellphone Related Queries Here**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
hey guys..

Am planning to buy Sony Ericsson/Nokia/Samsung Cell...
Budget : 7000-9000... Can be stretched till 10K

2 essential features:

Good MP3 player
FM Radio
Blue Tooth/Infra Red

Expandable memory.. would be good so that i can increase MP3 collection..

No need of cam and gprs

Thought about N-guage QD but its bulky..and i dont like the looks...

so anyone got anything in mind... pls lemme know...

1) What is this edge technology ? how is it different from others...

2) Are flash cards synonym for memory card. Which different kinda memory cards are used nowadays.. in normal phone.. and which one is better (overall considering price also)

3) Can i use this Flash memory or memory card (Consider the card as card used in N guage) as data storage with help of Card reader... i mean not only songs but.. my can i store my other data in it.. and use as USB pen Drive..

4) What are the costs for the USB Pen drive which i can use as a MP3 player(in bult) and data storage too... pls tell prices for 64/128/256 MB storage capacity

5) What are different available gadgets similar to USB Pen drive and which one is better ?(keep in mind the price also)

Cheers..
Dipen

supernova

Mr. S Nova
that's too much to ask for in your budget.
however for a little over 10k, you may consider Motorola E398.
Pros:
+ Expandable Memory
+ Good MP3 player
+ VGA Camera (not important in ur case)
+ Bluetooth / USB cable

Cons:
- No FM (But you may buy compactible FM handsfree)

Else if you can lay your hands on a second hand 6230. It should be the ideal choice for you.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Dipen01 said:
hey guys..

Am planning to buy Sony Ericsson/Nokia/Samsung Cell...
Budget : 7000-9000... Can be stretched till 10K

2 essential features:

Good MP3 player
FM Radio
Blue Tooth/Infra Red

Expandable memory.. would be good so that i can increase MP3 collection..

No need of cam and gprs

Thought about N-guage QD but its bulky..and i dont like the looks...

so anyone got anything in mind... pls lemme know...
Phones with mp3 playback:
Moto E398 --> it's the best! It got all the features u had asked for. Rs. 9k or less.
Check out my review here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15977

Nokia 3300 (but nokia stopepd it)

LG 1800 --> no MP3 card slot, 64 mb memory, and no IR/BT.

Dipen01 said:
1) What is this edge technology ? how is it different from others...
EDGe --> Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution
It's like broadband internet for mobiles. EDGE enables GSM operators to offer higher-speed mobile-data access, serve more mobile-data customers. We can use our EDGe phone as modems and use it in ur PC. Also streaming audio/video clips.

Dipen01 said:
2) Are flash cards synonym for memory card. Which different kinda memory cards are used nowadays.. in normal phone.. and which one is better (overall considering price also)
There is nothing called which is better over others. All have their own advantages and disadvantage.

We use MMC more, all nokia phones support this. Moto,SE use memory. duo. The flash cards can used in other digital device like digi cam.

Dipen01 said:
3) Can i use this Flash memory or memory card (Consider the card as card used in N guage) as data storage with help of Card reader... i mean not only songs but.. my can i store my other data in it.. and use as USB pen Drive..
N gage uses MMC.
Yes u can use the card reader with MMC. Yes not only songs, u can store other data as well..

and u can't use it as a USB pen drive, in that case u need a card reader to be connected to the USB port of your computer. But yes, we can use in case u got this additional thing.

Dipen01 said:
4) What are the costs for the USB Pen drive which i can use as a MP3 player(in bult) and data storage too... pls tell prices for 64/128/256 MB storage capacity
We can store mp3 but we cant use them for nokia mobile phones.
USB pen drives prices:
64mb--> 550rs.
128 mb-->900rs
256mb -->1.6k
1gb--> 2.5-2.7k

Dipen01 said:
5) What are different available gadgets similar to USB Pen drive and which one is better ?(keep in mind the price also)
We have
- memory duo
- MMC
- flash cards.

As i have said, each one got different applications and has their own advantage and limitations. MMC and flash cards are almost the same. the only difference is that former is used in mobs and the later in digi cams and other things.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
drgrudge said:
Moto E398 --> it's the best! It got all the features u had asked for. Rs. 9k or less.

where can i get E398 for 9k or less.
U also wrote in ur review that it has some serious issues with bluetooth.
How serious??

drgrudge

supernova said:
drgrudge said:

where can i get E398 for 9k or less.
U also wrote in ur review that it has some serious issues with bluetooth.
How serious??
Many ppl have got E398 for aroound 9k itself.

We can't transfer some Data to PC. Thats what i found. Phone to phone is ok.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:D :D
went to the dealer to buy 6630 ... nd came bak with k750i !!!!!

the price @ delhi was 21500Mrp/- ... gave a discount nd the beauty was all mine for 19800/- ... no instalments whatsoever were there .. ice is a lucky fellaw!!

superb resolution of pics ... nice interface ...overall a nice buy .. nd seeing this i can say that i DONT need to install additional apps nd i DONT need a smartfone!!!! the only upgrade i may go in for will be a 512MB stick ...

:( my wallet feels a lot lighter after the purchase ... !!! :roll:

pbtg

Broken In
Plz help me

hi, every one i m a new user, plz tell me which of the mobile is better Nokia 6600 or K 700i

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hey grudge ...the price bracket was known to everyone ... that it wud be around 20-22 ...
had they priced it @ 18 ... WOW ... shud have been a deal!!!

@ice .. mee too waiting for w800 .. not for orange color..it s*** !! but for 512 Mb stick upgrade!!

drgrudge

grinning_devil said:
hey grudge ...the price bracket was known to everyone ... that it wud be around 20-22 ...
had they priced it @ 18 ... WOW ... shud have been a deal!!!
LOL, u yourself along with pradeep said it could cost around 24k :D

pbtg said:
hi, every one i m a new user, plz tell me which of the mobile is better Nokia 6600 or K 700i
I like 6600 personally. :D

But it too has disadvantages.
- no FM/Mp3 playback (but can be done with third party spftwares)
- low speaker volume
- slow processor (but with more memory of MMC it's a bit faster)

And with k700i, we have:
- no expandable memory
- bad keypads (IMO)
- no symbian OS
- Night mode cam quality is not that good
- compactibilty issues

So see the pros and cons and decide. I personally will go for 6600 :p

Dipen01

Youngling
hey there..

thanx for all u reviews and advices...thanx.. Dr.Grudge..supernova.. that was cool piece of info in my case.. keep it up..

Whats the inbuilt memory of E-398...and is it supporitng MMC... and yea about bluetooth issues.. as u said.. theres some prob for transfering data from phone to PC via bluetooth ... so can we do it thru USB..or it has probs there also... lemme know..

and yes..even other phones which u think are suitable for me (FM,MP3,Bluetooth/USB/Ir - 10K ) lemme know..

Some more doubts...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Consider General USB Drive we use for Data Transfer and Storage

What are the costs for the USB Pen drive which i can use as
a MP3 player(in built) and data transfer/storage too...

I mean the ones in which its just a USB stick and we can attach a earphone and can hear the mp3
(dr.grudge i guess u misinterpreted my question before)

Something like that exists rite ??

Pls tell prices for 64/128/256 MB storage capacity

2) Is there a big difference between.. mono mp3 player and stereo mp3 player...
Which one's nguage supporting..coz i heard the music thru N-guage...was not bad..!!! though not overjoyed but was not bad not to listen...what say..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey can any of ya guys post K750i review.. I know its outta my budget.. but still curious... heard a lot of it... Dr.grudge..nemi.. give it a try...i guess u both shuld give ur reiviews.. its not like competition..u both are good at ur level...just different views ..

Cheers...
Dipen

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
E398 comes with a data transfer cable via USB. I have not seen or heard of any issues with it. Mine works perfectly fine. And considering how much I have hacked my phone thru the cable I seriously doubt it has any cable connectivity issues.

have you heard the sound w.r.t stereo from an E398 ? My brother has a K750i and when compared the bass effect on the E398 is much better!. Listen to it o believe it.

drgrudge

Dipen01 said:
Whats the inbuilt memory of E-398...and is it supporitng MMC... and yea about bluetooth issues.. as u said.. theres some prob for transfering data from phone to PC via bluetooth ... so can we do it thru USB..or it has probs there also... lemme know..
The mobile, which i saw that BT issues with PC, and many can justify it. I think it's corrected now. That was a old piece. With USB, i dont think there will be any problem.

Dipen01 said:
and yes..even other phones which u think are suitable for me (FM,MP3,Bluetooth/USB/Ir - 10K ) lemme know..
E 398
LOl, i think thats the only phone i know with FM,MP3,Bluetooth/USB/Ir and under 10k :p

Dipen01 said:
1) Consider General USB Drive we use for Data Transfer and Storage

What are the costs for the USB Pen drive which i can use as
a MP3 player(in built) and data transfer/storage too...

I mean the ones in which its just a USB stick and we can attach a earphone and can hear the mp3

Yes, i misinterpreted last time around.

YEs, it exists but i dont know how much it will cost. The normal USB pen drive can be used to store files and the rates is mentioned in the my post in the previous page.

Dipen01 said:
2) Is there a big difference between.. mono mp3 player and stereo mp3 player...
Which one's nguage supporting..coz i heard the music thru N-guage...was not bad..!!! though not overjoyed but was not bad not to listen...what say..
N gage QD is mono only. But it's loud. U got to go to store and then listen to E398 and then other phones to see it's quality.

Yes, there is a difference btw mono and stereo. Listen to E398 u will know :D

Dipen01 said:
hey can any of ya guys post K750i review.. I know its outta my budget.. but still curious... heard a lot of it... Dr.grudge..nemi.. give it a try...i guess u both shuld give ur reiviews.. its not like competition..u both are good at ur level...just different views ..
Yeah :twisted:

But where will i go for the mobile. I have not seen and played with K750i as yet :D

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Dipen01 said:
hey there..

Dipen

yes something like those do exists but i doub't their playback quality. They become quite bulky and heavy for a pen drive (due to the battery).
comes in the range of 3k for 256mb.

however i will not recommend tht. Mainly becouse of the sound quality and bulky dimensions. One of my friend onws one. He always have a tough time connecting it to his desktop due to limited space around the USB port.
I'll suggest you go for as small a USB key as possible. Simmtronics is a good one. Comes for around 1200 for a 256MB key.

pbtg

Broken In
thank you very much drgrudge

thank u drgrudge u told me just what i needed to know all the good & bad features of aboth the sets i think i should opt for the Nokia 6600 which u also prefer .
thanx

Dipen01

Youngling
I'll suggest you go for as small a USB key as possible. Simmtronics is a good one. Comes for around 1200 for a 256MB key.

hey nova...

r u sure.. its for 1200.. coz one of my friends said that 256MB comes around 1600-1700 or sumthing..

if its for 1200 then I'm not gonna miss it :wink:

Cheers..
Dipen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom