Please suggest Thermal Paste for about Rs 500

isaac12345

Journeyman
Hi all,

I have an old gaming oriented machine that has a core2duo E4500. I often overclock it from 2.2 to 2.6 GHz but it seems that recently it has been heating up till till 70degrees C. I cleaned up the cooler(stock Intel) and found that my last application of thermal paste has dried out. Could you please suggest a good value for money thermal paste costing around 500 or less, preferably available online? If there's a good shop in West Delhi(near Patel Nagar) I wouldn't mind going to the shop to buy it as well.

Thanks! :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deepcool Z5. Just recently used on CPu and gpu both and it's performing very good.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Q8400 running at 55c under load with stock cooler of Pentium D930 :D and gpu [ hd6850 ] used shoot upto ~97c under load [ used some Hylanze TiM before which is no good in cooling gpu chips ] and now it's ~68c under load and Deepcool Z5 is better than Z9 though the later is costly.

OP
I

isaac12345

Journeyman
Intel Q8400 running at 55c under load with stock cooler of Pentium D930 :D and gpu [ hd6850 ] used shoot upto ~97c under load [ used some Hylanze TiM before which is no good in cooling gpu chips ] and now it's ~68c under load and Deepcool Z5 is better than Z9 though the later is costly.

Thanks! Is it better than the white coolermaster value paste? I think I had that on last time.
Also, is the deepcool Z5 electrically conductive?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If OP can increase his budget by Rs.300 then he can go with this: Cooler Master IC Essential E2 @ 750.

Link:Cooler Master IC Essential E2 Thermal Grease - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound -575.

Link:Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Gram price in india Rs.575. Buy Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Gram online : Theitdepot.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound -575.

Link:Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Gram price in india Rs.575. Buy Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Gram online : Theitdepot.com

Don't want metal based pastes. Besides Deepcool Z5 for 250 rs sounds VFM going by topgear's post.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got it from ebay using a coupon buddy :D and TBH it costed me Rs. 225 [ counting 10% C from Mobikwik ]

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Got the Z5 yesterday and applied it.

CPU temps dropped from 85* C at load to 70* C.

GPU temps at 65* C.

Haven't checked idle temps.

Top Bottom