Please review my new Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
I Had plans of starting a website/blog of my own from really long time..but didnot have enough time.Anyways,i have done it now.
I have created a new website on my own : LINK
Site is still under construction so i want you guys to comment only on the web design/look of the site and not on the content as i have started this site on 26 Oct 2008! (Yep Yesterday ;) ) itself..
Little about me and site:
I have hosted it on Host4Cheap.org
I have used Wordpress(i still dont have much idea about what wordpress is :confused: )
I DONT know anything about HTML/Php/Javascript etc or whatever related to webdesigning,development.
i.e Iam a COMPLETE NOOB in these website related things :(

BTW I have designed that logo my self using Photoshop :) Pls comment on it aswell.

Though i have thought about the content i will be putting in it,it would be great if you people suggest some conent/topics :)

EDIT: Link Corrected

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
A suggestion, not many give importance to eye-candy theme. Most come for content. So try to focus on content. IMO, you should have started this thread after 3 months. By that time, you would get used to blogging and we would have some content to review it the way it should be. Nevermind, start a similar thread 3 months later. You could also get juicy link-exchanges and traffic.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Why cant you have a better name, say...

Shashank Redemption

:D

If you havent seen the movie or read the book, google "Shawshank Redemption" One of the classics.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yup, that javascript menu is irritating. Slim it to more friendly CSS menu

slugger

Banned
you've made a nice lookin logo. would look better if tech can be made with diff color - merging with bg color - looking just shashank.com

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
@T159, about which menu are you talking about? The side one?
Iam facing difficulty in editing the links and those menus coz i cant understand that php code in Wordpress.WTH cant they have an WYSIWYG editor along with code just like HTML has??

So guys please help me in editing those menus and links.
Cant i use MS Publisher or something like that to edit the theme and complete and upload back to server?

@slugger, i wanted only Shashank.com to be visible clearly!
I never wanted to select that as domain name.But there was no better way as i coudnt get shashank.com/shashank.in..

Guys can you tell me how to remove this ..
"This entry was written by Shashank and posted on October 27, 2008 at 3:23 am and filed under Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed."
From the footer of every post..? I dont want anything to appear after the post.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
@slugger, i wanted only Shashank.com to be visible clearly!
I never wanted to select techshashank.com as domain name.But there was no better way as i coudnt get shashank.com/shashank.in..

in that case people visiting your blog from search engine results migth note down your site as just shashank.com and visit that site next time instead of yours

they often dont look at the address bar - may cause confusion

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
Ok will look at it.
But can you tell me how to remove this ..
"This entry was written by Shashank and posted on October 27, 2008 at 3:23 am and filed under Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed."
From the footer of every post..? I dont want anything to appear after the post.

I searched everywhere in WP admin panel but didnot find any option to remove that.
I want it to be a fully fledged website and not a plain vanilla like blog.Thats why i want to remove all those messages...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Ah, thanks for the mention Shashank abut my hosting Services :)

Good to see you were able to get Wordpress Installed by yourself

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
Gr8 logo and a good design. best of luck...

A suggestion, not many give importance to eye-candy theme. Most come for content. So try to focus on content.
+1 for this. This is exactly correct. In the beginning i also gave max priority to the BEAUTY than the BEAT(content :p)...As the domain says "Tech", you should post your own articles, tutorials, views, comments etc etc on various tech topics. The Tech world is big, you'll have a good time with it....

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
^^ Iam pretty busy right now.Will be free from Nov 5th.I will then start posting the real stuff.
I was just asking you guys suggestion so that i can add more content in the site.
And obviously i will be posting Tech content itself.
Iam taking complete care to keep the site as neat and trendy as possible.
I want it to be 100% Web 2.0 Standard compliant :)

Please do check the gallery feature that i have added.(Click on any pic in the gallery to see).

BTW Those pictures are only for testing! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom