Please Donate Blood!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi all,
Im pretty sure that everyone probably does this already anyway But I just felt like posting it after I had the experience of trying to get blood for one of my relatives.

First of all may I say that my relative who needed blood needed O- which is pretty rare. But after searching for the past 3 days Ive found that at least in Kerala it seems that not alot of folks are donating at all. I would like ot request that all donate blood if they possibly can. Its not hard , it doesn't take alot of time . As a matter off act if I understand correctly its good for your health as well. You can donate blood once every three months.

Be part of saving lives :) ! Donate Blood!

din

Tribal Boy
In which part of Kearala you are ? Also which hospital it was ?

Many hospitals n Kerala are having the blood donors list and clubs. IMA does a lot in this area. Only thing is we have to get in touch with those.

But I agree 100% with you. Blood is sure a life saver. We will not lose anything by donating blood but we can save a life.

There are some sites which has info on blood donors / requests as well.

*www.indiabloodbank.com

*www.indianblooddonors.com (down at this moment, may be temp issue)

*www.friendstosupport.org

*www.hindustanbloodbank.com

I am not very sure, but I think these are good / genuine / useful sites.

arun_0710

At Learning Steps
I m a donor of blood group A -ve,
Its done for good reason and every one of should encourage others for it.

din

Tribal Boy
Whatabout making a sticky thread with the name, city, blood group ? Or not much use ? What do you think ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Whatabout making a sticky thread with the name, city, blood group ? Or not much use ? What do you think ?
well we cannot give personal details like ph no in this forum. max we can do is to request for a PM , but still that depends on how often one is online in the forum.
Currently the best way to do this is to give out details on websites like you have done :)

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thank you .
In which part of Kearala you are ? Also which hospital it was ?

Many hospitals n Kerala are having the blood donors list and clubs. IMA does a lot in this area. Only thing is we have to get in touch with those.

But I agree 100% with you. Blood is sure a life saver. We will not lose anything by donating blood but we can save a life.

There are some sites which has info on blood donors / requests as well.

Thank you for the sites that should help in the future. My Relative was in Kottayam Matha Hospital. It doesnt have a blood bank. Had to go to IMA Blood Bank, Thodupuzha to get the blood . However there were only 2 packets of O-ve which we got. So the next person who comes won't get any :( . We bought 2 people who had O-ve the next day and donated though :) .

gaurav_indian

CG Artist

hmm good idea.
But i think a separate forum i mean a complete website on blood donation will be helpful.And make it public.So that everyone can reach it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Once one of our college student got accident and we heard news that he needs blood, but dun know group. We all went to hospital, that same Kottayam Matha Multispeciality hospital but he needed A-, so two of the friends were having it nd they donated after some tests.

Me too was ready but group didnt match. But does it make us a bit weak? Atleast for those who are underweight?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^only temporarily...for a couple of hrs at most.....and effect to underweight ppl isn't anything diff. unless u are grossly underweight

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Our body has a store house of blood cells called spleen which has a lotsa blood cells ready to use,so when blood is drawn out of your body spleen comes into work and replenishes the lost blood cells within hours.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Our body has a store house of blood cells called spleen which has a lotsa blood cells ready to use,so when blood is drawn out of your body spleen comes into work and replenishes the lost blood cells within hours.
and the real factory is bone marrow, baby cells are born there and specialized in thyroid glands as RBC, WBC and so on.

praka123

left this forum longback
@exx:I'm sorry!u called me that day,I think?nobody I know where having O-ve AFAIK :(

The Only way after blood bank is to approach colleges/educational institutions most prolly have blood donor students.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, in colleges most students are ready to donate blood to other students in college in case of accidents/injuries. But dun count gals on this.

praka123

left this forum longback
^hehe!:D Exactly!!! college etc-I said wr.to Kerala only :),I dont know the attitude of students in outside colleges!esp in cosmopolitan cities like banglore or bombay!-students dont give a damn about giving blood :rolleyes: and this is my experiance in Tamil Nadu(coimbattor)!

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@domi

ya buddy, its true........from ma past experience ,Kerala gals never help u when u need them the most.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/114.gif...(u know , dat damn gal, took ma every penny....never gave me anything*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/46.gif)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom