• Playstation 3

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 29 45.3%

• Total voters

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Cons of 360 are wayy more than PS3.

There is a video on YouTube that shows 'How to fix Red ring of Death' , its one of the alltime most viewed vids.

Speaks volumes about the problem.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes thats true. Its fixed in the xbox slimline sku's.The merging of xenon and xenos to a single chip has done great in lowering the tdp and so is the fabrication. RROD is a thing of past now and doen't haunt the xbox 360 anymore.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sony is going to take a step further in battling piracy. Its gonna design a new hack proof ps3 sku which will be difficult to mod for pirates. The newer sku's will be launched after the older sku stocks gets depleted. The current 160gb model has got a pricedrop and is available at 164 pounds.

Check this & this for more info.

Another interesting article over ps3's integrity and its promises.

Check it HERE.

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Nothing is un-hackable. We'll see, it is just a matter of time where will Sony's tall claim lands. :p

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
GUYS GUYS stop fighting over puny things you don't want me to enter this arena i had a legendary fight with a martian called agenttrendspacer once and i defeated him to death......i dont wanna repeat this with the " \\BAT//" or anyone else...

so .....ps3 versus x360 ... what does it finally come down to ? ?

1. Graphics

as my friend here said the x360 has a much more powerful gpu than the ps3 but in case you were wondering the actual peak output of the ps3 IS higher than the x360 thanks to the brains at IBM who were working on the cell processing systems.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Since the peak output for the ps3 is high you can imagine that games which are programmed in such a way that they offload quite a lot of work for the cell engine they deliver higher maybe 10~20% more performance than the x360 working at full capacity. but as someone has said.... as the years of the ps3's life are coming to an end the true graphical prowess of the ps3 is coming out... this has been true for nearly all playstation consoles..... a reason for this is also that the methodology of programming games for the ps3 has changed since the ps2 and this makes a large impact for game developers. Whereas in the case of microsoft the xbox 360 has been around longer than the ps3 and also has been funding game developing studios in short they were better at maximising their console's peak performance pretty quickly... one of the best games on the xbox will be the forza motorsport 4 .... also one most keep in mind ... no matter how much time you spend on writing code you can never attain 100% peak output..... this is the law of physics.. :D for any process possible you cannot convert 100% input to output.... so what you are witnessing is just about max to max 85~95% peak power.... theres still headroom for another 5%.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

THE OLD TALE OF 2 BROTHERS YLOD AND RROD ...

now many mates here will be surprised to know even the ps3 suffered hardware failures once upon a time... called ylod : yellow ring of death ... although this hardware problem was pretty low because of a substantial use of cooling for the console (200+ gm of copper!) and the RROD for the x360 but this is now a thing of the past and is now OVER>

in the new models these problems do not occur... !

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

ALSO recently toshiba one of the main supporters of the HD-DVD format put their hands down before lord of pwning (SONY) and said hey bro from hell lets make BD's instead of DD's :p (if you did not get that joke try thinking about "bra")

and since then the prices of blu-ray discs has been dropping not only has their production increase but now new movies are being released on blu-ray discs and it is being accepted as the new standard of media....

so the x360 death is near(5 years)... once dvd goes out of fashion... the same way cassettes did :D

thats a major con about x360... for a big game it can use upto 2~5DVD's (maybe in future) :D

no movie playback :(

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

" PS3 is getting stronger !!?? WTF dude .... its a console not a goddamn monster with increasing level duh..."
What this actually means is that now since the developers have started to finally get closer to the in's and out's of the consoles capabilities they have learned to exploit them for maximum performance they have started to make better games in short .

i think thats about it for xbox360 and the ps3...

the ps3 wins hands down .... no doubt but the world has to move on there will be haters,fanboys and NOOBS :D

peace to all thats what i think about teh ps3 .

Sarath

iDota
I think the PS3 is better as of now 2011. It has finally gained weight since 2010 so it is stupid to buy a xbox now.

But seriously both the consoles feel a bit outdated now. Xbox still has more games than PS3 i guess so all is not lost. Plus kinect was superb if u compare it to that glow stick (read PS move) lying dead in my cupboard but i feel thats for kids.

PS3 wins. Not for too long though. Sony sucks now.

GUYS GUYS stop fighting over puny things you don't want me to enter this arena i had a legendary fight with a martian called agenttrendspacer once and i defeated him to death......i dont wanna repeat this with the " \\BAT//" or anyone else...

so .....ps3 versus x360 ... what does it finally come down to ? ?

1. Graphics

as my friend here said the x360 has a much more powerful gpu than the ps3 but in case you were wondering the actual peak output of the ps3 IS higher than the x360 thanks to the brains at IBM who were working on the cell processing systems.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Since the peak output for the ps3 is high you can imagine that games which are programmed in such a way that they offload quite a lot of work for the cell engine they deliver higher maybe 10~20% more performance than the x360 working at full capacity. but as someone has said.... as the years of the ps3's life are coming to an end the true graphical prowess of the ps3 is coming out... this has been true for nearly all playstation consoles..... a reason for this is also that the methodology of programming games for the ps3 has changed since the ps2 and this makes a large impact for game developers. Whereas in the case of microsoft the xbox 360 has been around longer than the ps3 and also has been funding game developing studios in short they were better at maximising their console's peak performance pretty quickly... one of the best games on the xbox will be the forza motorsport 4 .... also one most keep in mind ... no matter how much time you spend on writing code you can never attain 100% peak output..... this is the law of physics.. :D for any process possible you cannot convert 100% input to output.... so what you are witnessing is just about max to max 85~95% peak power.... theres still headroom for another 5%.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

THE OLD TALE OF 2 BROTHERS YLOD AND RROD ...

now many mates here will be surprised to know even the ps3 suffered hardware failures once upon a time... called ylod : yellow ring of death ... although this hardware problem was pretty low because of a substantial use of cooling for the console (200+ gm of copper!) and the RROD for the x360 but this is now a thing of the past and is now OVER>

in the new models these problems do not occur... !

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

ALSO recently toshiba one of the main supporters of the HD-DVD format put their hands down before lord of pwning (SONY) and said hey bro from hell lets make BD's instead of DD's :p (if you did not get that joke try thinking about "bra")

and since then the prices of blu-ray discs has been dropping not only has their production increase but now new movies are being released on blu-ray discs and it is being accepted as the new standard of media....

so the x360 death is near(5 years)... once dvd goes out of fashion... the same way cassettes did :D

thats a major con about x360... for a big game it can use upto 2~5DVD's (maybe in future) :D

no movie playback :(

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

" PS3 is getting stronger !!?? WTF dude .... its a console not a goddamn monster with increasing level duh..."
What this actually means is that now since the developers have started to finally get closer to the in's and out's of the consoles capabilities they have learned to exploit them for maximum performance they have started to make better games in short .

i think thats about it for xbox360 and the ps3...

the ps3 wins hands down .... no doubt but the world has to move on there will be haters,fanboys and NOOBS :D

peace to all thats what i think about teh ps3 .

wonderfully written...so the PS3 wins but the Xbox never lost. Its just a race where they keep running. Game on.

Console games are bloody expensive though bear that in mind. Ive spent 25k on games already on a 8month old system. [2500/- a piece for all new games]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
News: New versions of XBox and Playstation gaming consoles is atleast a couple of years away.
No PS4 or Xbox 720 until 2014, says report -- PlayStation Universe

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity hacked
Sony says personal data and perhaps credit card information were stolen from tens of millions of users of its online game and movie service, as well as its on-demand digital music service.
Sony PlayStation Network and Qriocity hacked: Sony's PlayStation Network, Qriocity hacked - latimes.com

Not so much for the likes of Playstation fanboyz.. ehh.. :)

Top Bottom