Playstation 3 or Xbox 360

• Playstation 3

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 29 45.3%

• Total voters

Rohan_B

Journeyman
The topic which gets fanboys swearing at each other!!

Which console is better--> The Sony Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360?
Let's see which console wins!!

Let the battle......................BEGIN!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ps 3 all da way and guess what I'm not a fanboy!

PS3 has faster processor,graphics,etc

see this Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3: The Hardware Throwdown - Gear Feature at IGN

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well to be honest , xbox 360 gpu is better than the ps3 gpu. YES you got that right guys..... Xenos is better than RSX. It was the first gpu to incorporate "procedural rendering" owing to its " unified shader architecture". The rsx is built on older nvidia 7800 series and has separate vertex and pixel shaders.

But the question is why ps3 exclusives look great and xbox 360 cannot hold a candle to them?

The answer is its due to the cell broadband cpu of the ps3. The cell has seven SPE'S or synergestic processing elements and each of them has the ability to render objects , scenes and various physics computations which are primarily gpu based tasks. So the spe's offload these workloads from the rsx and divide them among itself. In the 360, xenon cannot do these and relies on the xenos for rendering objects.

In a ps3 exclusive title(eg. uncharted series or killzone series) the game developers write code to utilize the cell architecture of the ps3 and thats why they are so superior.

But in multiplatform titles, the games are built for xbox 360 and are ported to ps3 cause the former is an easier platform. Thus the ps3 is not utilized properly in this case and games look a bit inferior in contrast to the 360.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well thats a thing of past now. The newer XBOX360 slim versions are free from RROD. PS3 was reliable from the start.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
ya the red ring of death...gave me serious headaches wen i had one... dunno if its fixed by now or not....

Enjoy~!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes its fixed guys. Not an issue anymore now. But ps3 is still top dog in my opinion taking the points i've mentioned.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ Thats good news for XBOX fans !!! btw you are really fully correct ...I just dont understand how so good looking games come out for PS 3 and not for XBOX

PS3 got bluray...does the 360 have it??

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The answer is simple. Ps3 has got more first party studios in its grasp and the make exclusives which make full use of ps3's architecture which is overall superior to xbox 360's.

Some examples are naughty dog, guerilla games, insomniac studios, suckerpunch studios, sony santamonica etc..

And the xbox 360 does not have a blueray drive as of now & there are no add on drives released for it yet.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
And the xbox 360 does not have a blueray drive as of now & there are no add on drives released for it yet.
There was a addon available........
The xbox 360 HD DVD Reader. But it was a flop as people had to pay 180$$ to get it which was ridiculous!
Xbox 360 HD DVD Player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check it out!! :D :D :D :D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well i knew that. Hd dvd lost the format war to blue ray so those drives were discarded because of lack of media. Microsoft was backing hd dvd and when it lost, they never went anything above conventional dvd drives.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ps3 is step up in technology..it only lags a little behind xbox in recent proceedings..Kinect..yeah Ps 3 got motion sensors which actually are better than wii but Kinect is of different league..it may be a little sluggish but Microsoft have put lot of sincere hard work behind it..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ sam9s

We can start on with the controller wars right away. What say?

I guess the threads you gave are a bit old. Things are getting clearer recently.:mrgreen:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Threads are old but the war still remains new :rolleyes: ??? Even controllers is an old fight. As I said better to argue something about latest like Kinect vs PS3 motion control. Personally, entirely from games perspective PS3 motion control looks better, but as a personal entertainment system Kinect promises more ....

I agree with you brother about ps3 move. Its got more support for hardcore titles like re5 and killzone3. It has more sensitivity than a wiimote and actually fine tunes motion sensing technology.

Kinect in the other hand is busy supporting casual games and has no hardcore title support yet. Imagine playing an fps with kinect. Yes , it does make for a good family entertainment system as a controller free interface when browsing through movies etc.

It has to be seen how kinect performs in hardcore games like the upcoming forza 4.

Besides, there's one more point regarding ps3's superiority. Its 3D. Even multiplatform games are going to have magnificent 3d support like crysis2. I wonder how 360 will manage that.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Players might become sick playing god of war..I mean how a user will direct Kinect to jump on a 1000 ft high monster..but most of us will agree its not for that kind of stuff..Its a complete family entertainment package and will be of great fun in parties..

Microsoft havent created anything like Ps3 motion sensor..hope theyll bring it out!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Good point made. But i hardly think microsoft will bring another wii or move based controller.

Top Bottom