PlayStation 3 Price Drop

TickTock

Broken In
*zapp5.staticworld.net/news/graphics/156982-ps3_price_cut_original.jpg

If you've been waiting for the PlayStation 3 to get even cheaper, your ship has come in. Today at Gamescom, Sony announced that the PS3 will now retail for $249.99, 249.99 Euros and 24,980 Yen. This is effective immediately. Previously, the PS3 sold for $299.99.

Sony also announced the 320GB PS3 unit will drop from $349 to $299 and a limited edition inFAMOUS 2 bundle is now available at participating retailers across North America. The bundle costs $299 and includes a 320 GB PlayStation 3, a copy of inFAMOUS 2 and a 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus.

Source:
Gamescom: PlayStation 3 Price Drop - PS3 News at IGN

Soo.. are you planning to buy a PS3 this Diwali.:grin:?

Sarath

iDota
Looks like a good idea. More PS3 users= More games. Why are no new games coming out like before?

PC and PS combined don't produce as much as the old PS2 did. :-/

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll buy it if it hits 15k in India.

But I can't stand both Microsoft and Sony.

Sarath

iDota
^^^Lol I still pay 2500 for games on my PS3 even though its available for 1000 on the PC. (If you actually buy games for PC)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yup, consoles titles are grossly overpriced. Should fall to more affordable levels. I guess title prices are same in us as well. I mean a $60 title roughly equates to 2500 bucks here.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The prime reason PS3 games can be more expensive than PC games is the Blu-ray disc. However, X360 has no reason for such expensive games.

But I am a PC Gamer first (anyone wishes to dispute this, take it to PM. This aint the place to discuss :lol:)

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I have read in many places that PS3 prices are soon to get cheaper since they are starting production in India. Unfortunately I can't find that particular source now. Can anyone help with this.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Umm it was in the chip insider segment of this month's Chip magazine.
They had an interview with Atindriya Bose, Country Manager for SCEI.

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
Wow that,s good news.

A bit off topic. But my PS3 just went bad and the service center guys have told me that it cannot be repaired and as such they are offering a a 70 % discount on the purchase of a new PS3.

My question is should I wait for the price drop or should I get a new ps3 now after paying 6K.

Really sorry if this is not the right place to ask such a question.:?

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
@extreme gamer.

at first they were offering 50 % to me too. But after a little negotiations and an email to Sony India, they are now offering a 70% discount.

So do you guys think that I should get a replacement ps3 @ 6K? But i think most of the new PS3 ship with 3.55+ firmware. :cry:

I really want to stay with 3.55 firmware (for some reasons):evil:

Top Bottom