Playing media files without any issues

anurag_nagpal

Broken In
Hi there

I m having AMD K6-II 50 MHz with 128 MB RAM. When I try to play avi,wmv or mpeg files. Some works fine but some files play in very slow motion. I have custom window media player i.e. 6.0.... I tried VLC, KLC Codec pack, Div x Player. But of no use problem persist as earlier.

Please suggest how to play the files?

Well I tried WMP 9.0 but the problem remained same

Thanks

Anurag Nagpal

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
thats cos they have a very high res or bitrate or both ...........and u need atleast a 2GHz processor to play high bitrate videos...........ur only solution is a hardware solution.............no software or codec or player update is gonna help u...........!!!

parthbarot

In the zone
VLC the best player...
K-Lite Mega codec pack - the best and all codecs
xing for bad files...

just install klite mega codec pack and u can play all the files on ur PC...

damnthenet

Journeyman
Thanks drgrudge for all the info.
But...
drgrudge said:
VLC player is my favourite player as:
- It dont need any Codecs to play any file
Codec, as far as I know is decoder algorithm. So, to play files that are needed to be decoded first, the respective codec is a must (I suppose). Then, How do s/w such as VLC player play files without the resp. codec?

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
@dmn the net
when he said u dont need to install codecs to play files on VLC player, he meant that the codecs come along with the player, which it intalls in its own directory..or system32.

Normally when u play files using another player like Windows Media Player, Media player classic or any other Direct Show player it use the codecs installed in your Windows\System32 folder........these are system wid codecs which can be used by any player

@salils
please post more details please......n get K-Lite Codec MEGA pack from www.free-codecs.com and try playing those files, then come back here and post........

amazingbrains

Broken In
Re: Playing cds

I find that some cds(pirated)dont play on in the comp.wy is this?i mean its not due to lack of codecs but it simply refuses to open.it shows the disc is empty.some cds play only with roxio player.but the other lot dont seem 2 play even with it.Typically the first cd is empty n the 2nd cd plays.Is this some sort of protection?But they do play in stand alone vcd players.Wy is it so? How cn i play them i n pc cd rom?

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
yes u can...get the latest version of ISO Buster.....then copy the DAT/MPEG file to ur comp n watch it.......(this is the most common problem)

if this does not work,...nothing else might....

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
It happened for me as well. Now, I don't even know where WMP is there in my HDD.

Just use VLC player, it will play it fine. :)

Sourabh

Laptoping
Siddhartha_t69 said:
I've recently installed winXP and found the the dwindows media player 10 doesn't play dvds
what should i do?

WMP doesnt play the Dvd's bcoz dvd codecs dont come bundled even with WMP10. You need to install these codecs from some sources like winDVD , power DVD or the best way is to install a Codec pack. Klite is one of the neatest and well updated codec pack. After the codecs have been installed you can run the files from any media player on your computer. VLC uses its own inbuilt codecs, so that is always the easy way out if you dont wanna get in the codec mess.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Sourabh sir,
It's not only the codec issue, but sometimes I get error messages like : "Can't play due to some cr@p problem"

Here are some screenshots:
*img200.imageshack.us/img200/1238/windowsmediaplayer7sv.jpg

This is only one the error message that I get.. there are 2 others for which I don't have a screenshot!

No worries now.. I use only VLC player. :D

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
yes even i had got the same message on my friends comp once, but that was when no codecs were installed........after i installed K-Lite Mega Codec Pack...all video files play well on Windows Media Player...even Quicktime & real Media...as KLMCP has those codecs as well...so u dont need to install quicktime & real player.......

See....basically WMP is a Direct Show Player....it will play any file as long as the codes are installed in the system....and K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is the Best & Most Stable n well configured codec pack.......it even has great tools inbuilt

tango_cash

In the zone
ne body knows how to play drm wmv video files i have some but they ask to go online for some licence thing how do i stop that

gaurav21r

Journeyman
I dunno if anyone has ever asked this before but,

Is there any codec by which we can play the REAL format multimedia files
(.rm, .ram etc.) IN Windows Media Player (10 or later) ???

Have searched a lot but ppl only offer alternative programs which play Real files but are lighter on resources than Real One.

Please dont give names of Players which can play all the formats i only want WMP to play these files. I dont think ffdshow or K-Lite work for this, do they???

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: A REAL good question

I play my rms with media player 6.. dint try with wmp 10... I downloaded media player classic << may not be the exact name.... i googled for real alternative and got it.. and till now i play my rms with media player...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

why stick with wmp download K-Lite pack & vlc.
thats it.just 2 softwares are not much.

gaurav21r

Journeyman

I AM using K-Lite with G-Spot v2.52....

The Real Files are detected by G-Spot (as they should), but all the players refuse to play the files , even in that little preview pane in G-Spot.

Top Bottom