Play DivX/Xvid/MP3 on your Playstation 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartpal

Right off the assembly line
I cant seem to play DVD +RW discs using sms player...evreythin else works fine...could anybody help??

CD-RW discs dont work either...

Last edited:

amey_dude

Journeyman
i can play divx and xvid movies smoothly....but problem is that audio is very low. I hv to increase my tv volume to full...then and then only i can hear sound. how to solve this problem ??

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
amey_dude said:
i can play divx and xvid movies smoothly....but problem is that audio is very low. I hv to increase my tv volume to full...then and then only i can hear sound. how to solve this problem ??

I forget what button exactly, but it is one of the top L1 or L2 buttons to increase volume of on SMS, the other controls brightness...
Smartpal I think you may need a modchip, for the ps2 to read you RW discs, if you already have one then I guess PS2 can't read RW's but I honestly think u will need a mod chip

Liggy

wizrulz said:
Y only i cant get it worked on my PS2 :(...although i have a moded PS2 :confused:

can u burn images in ISO format? are you burning to CD or DVD... most games won't fit on CD

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@ liggy

Ur getting it wrong....WRT thread i want my MODDED PS2 to play DivX/Xvid files from my DVD, so i have tried burning the ISO image given on 1st page of this thread....but the PS2 does not recognise it...it says UNRECONISABLE PS2 format/media.....so how can i get it worked......already wasted 5-6 CD's...my games work perfectly..and issue is not with games...but playing movies on PS2

Liggy

yeah sorry keep forgetting, I guess that answers one question I had, which was do burnt games work... and they do.... hmmm try copying a movie to a cd and chnage the tag to .divx or use divx converteer to convert... the disk are recognized by ur pc/mac? (I mean u can watch the movie from cd on pc?) what mod chip do u have so I can see if others have run into this b4... normally it works without too much problems... try not to pull out all ur hair...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Yeah teh movies work on PC.....and most are in DIVX format only...my problem is getting the correct s/w burnt on CD...given on first page.....means getting the BURNT cd with s/w on it recognised by PS2.....and how to find what mod chip is in PS2???

OP
S

slash_89

Listen up people,

you have got to burn the image at 4x and at not higher, or else it wont
work,
and use alchohol 120%, it does the job 100%

and to increase the volume use the up and down buttons in the left section of ur controller,

and u have to have ur ps2 modded to use this software

siberTITAN

Hi,
I have an unmodded PS2(Slim One)bought from australia. Is there any way other than physically modding it(No SwapMagic please. I cant order them online). Can anyone suggest me a place in bangalore where i can mod my PS2 and the cost of it?

Thanks in advance,
siberTITAN

Last edited:

Skeem101

Hi there,

I have just ordered an external USB2 box, so I can put my SATA-disk inside and connect it to my PStwo slim. I am not so interested in playing games from HD. What I would much rather like to know is if it is fairly straightforward to connect your USB-HD with a couple of divx-movies to the PStwo and use the machine as a divx-player/media center?! I already have Ulaunch.elf and the newest SMS on a boot-cd. I tried running some AVI- and divx- movies from DVD and CD and they worked perfectly, but now I would like to put all my divx-movies on HD and watch them from there. When I use the browser in SMS it seems the program is able to load files from all kinds of drives connected to the PStwo, including external HDs, so maybe I don't need any special software to make it run or do I??? By the way... how do I copy uLaunch.elf and SMS to my memory-card... I just can't figure it out?! Thanks everybody in advance for your help... :)

OP
S

slash_89

@Skeem101

Dude if you want to connect your HDD to the PS2 you must use a software called Action Replay Max.

siberTITAN said:
Hi,
I have an unmodded PS2(Slim One)bought from australia. Is there any way other than physically modding it(No SwapMagic please. I cant order them online). Can anyone suggest me a place in bangalore where i can mod my PS2 and the cost of it?

Thanks in advance,
siberTITAN

Try National Market dude, but beware those guys might rip you off,

And it may cost you about 1K,

I dont know the cost of this modchip "DMS3" but I heard its the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

slash_89

ajaybc said:
Why shud we mod PS2 as PS3 is already available

What does the PS3s availibility have to do with modding your PS2,
And PS3 costs around 35K:twisted:

Smartpal said:
I cant seem to play DVD +RW discs using sms player...evreythin else works fine...could anybody help??

CD-RW discs dont work either...

As far as I know many ppl have had problems with +RWs,
And CD-RWs work perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

magneticme200

In the zone
hello guys....woooo, wat an informative thread this has turned out to be...!!

bt slash i have a doubt....after reading five pages of querries...!

i have a modded ps2 slim...
tell me can i connect a usb drive (may be 1 or 2 gb) to my ps2 usb slot and play movies and music directly???
if yes thn wat all formats i can play fr movies and music respectively?? and,
do i need to run the sms software before playing my stuff frm the usb drive??
or is it only needed when i play files frm a cd..???

also if i play my stuff frm a cd....wat all formats fr movies can i run???
can the cd be re-writable?

lot of questions..huff..!!

thnks in advance..!!

manan

Renny

Padawan
Dude slash_89 is now ~Rahul~

If you want to access your pendrive from the PS2 you must use a software called action replay max,

u can run only divx and xvid from sms player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom