Play DivX/Xvid/MP3 on your Playstation 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Google is ur guide :D
Haven't tried it as i don't own a PS2, but a friend did it.

Linux for PlayStation 2 Community: Home[SIZE=-1]Please note that Linux for PlayStation 2 is now sold out in North America. ... jbit and nervus, it's great to see developers from Linux on PS2 going pro :) ...
playstation2-linux.com/ - 21k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
Linux for PlayStation 2 Community: Linux for PlayStation 2 FAQs[SIZE=-1]US & Canada: The North American territory is now sold out of Linux for PlayStation 2. As production has ceased, stock is now permanently sold out for North ...
playstation2-linux.com/faq.php - 66k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from playstation2-linux.com ]

[/SIZE]
Linux for PlayStation 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[SIZE=-1]Linux for PlayStation 2 is a kit released by Sony Computer Entertainment in 2002 that allows the PlayStation 2 console to be used as a personal computer. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS2_Linux - 32k - 8 May 2007 - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
LinuxDevCenter.com -- Linux on the PS2[SIZE=-1]John Littler explores Linux on the PlayStation 2, including hardware, installation, upgrades, alternatives, and game programming.
www.[B]linux[/B]devcenter.com/pub/ a/linux/2004/03/25/ps2_linux.html - 35k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
LinuxDevCenter.com -- Opening Up the PlayStation 2 with Linux[SIZE=-1]Sony must release this linux distribuition for free! Why pay for linux on ps2? Sony's executives must get real! pay for linux? ...
www.[B]linux[/B]devcenter.com/ pub/a/linux/2002/03/21/linuxps2.html - 46k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
linuxplay.com

[SIZE=-1]Linux for PlayStation 2 is a simple bundle consisting of the Linux installation DVDs, and a monitor cable, intended to be of interest to Linux hobbyists and ...
www.[B]linux[/B]play.com/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
Scientific Computation on PlayStation 2: Building a Cluster[SIZE=-1]The NCSA has constructed a PlayStation 2 Linux cluster as a test bench for scientific ... All the nodes run the Sony Linux distribution for PlayStation 2. ...
arrakis.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ps2/cluster.php - 4k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
BlackRhino GNU/Linux - A Debian Distribution for the Playstation 2[SIZE=-1]For the Sony PlayStation 2. With installation how-to and package downloads.
blackrhino.xrhino.com/ - 4k - Cached - Similar page[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]*anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cg...earch?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.pcsx2.net/[/SIZE]
PS2 Linux[SIZE=-1]Finally, at around May, 2001, SCEI did announce the availability of the "PS2 Linux Dev Kit Beta", there were only a few thousands sets and they made ...
www.cs.ust.hk/~henry/ps2linux/index.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
slash_89 said:
ull have to have to load that CD every time u wanna use the app.
Ah .. Thats what I was asking...
Looks like a painful process then .. :(
Everytime I load and then I reset (the PS2), it goes of its memory?
Maybe a PS2 fitted with HDD has some permanent workarounds..
Ok @slash_89
One Question : Will loading that Media Player, in any way, damage my PS2 Lens?
I just want to be careful.... :confused:

OP
S

slash_89

no way!,

how can it damage ur lens dude, unless ur lens is not aligned properly,

and if u had a hdd u couldve installed the app permanently,

but putting it each time is not much of a problem.

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
slash_89 said:
no way!,

how can it damage ur lens dude, unless ur lens is not aligned properly,

and if u had a hdd u couldve installed the app permanently,

but putting it each time is not much of a problem.

Uh .. Thanx man..
I was just worried... That's all - After all, a PS2 costs all of 7k. I wouldn't want to fry it . Would I ? :p
Thanx for the quick clarifications! :D

vipergt

Broken In
latest price of ps2 slim is 6700 at cp palika new delhi including
*one ps2 dual shock controller
*wires
for memeory card u have to pay extra ie 500 bugs

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^non negotiable kya? this will be a modded one? so i can basically play ntsc n pal games? also, wats the price of one dual shock controller?

OP
S

slash_89

ya u can play both ntse and pal, and a dualshock2 controller is around rs.300.

OP
S

slash_89

the memmory card has 8mb of storage space,
u can easily store 40 games on it(save files).

OP
S

slash_89

*digitaltejas.googlepages.com/SMSPlayerforPS2.zip

just save this zip file and extract the image,
burn it at 4x or below using alcohol120%

devips

Broken In
I have tried sms player. It plays mp3/avi files off CDs quite well, but whenever I try to run a DVD-R, it shows up as illegal disc! How do I get around this problem?

OP
S

slash_89

well if thats the case try burnin the divx files to another dvd and try it,
burn the dvd at 4x, itll definately work.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Just now became a proud PS2 Owner :D
Started playing Smackdown vs Raw 2007, next in list - Call Of Duty 3, Enter The Matrix, Splinter Cell Double Agent

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
Think i got a question..
Can i use an external USB Hard Drive for playing on my slimline PS2...i mean i buy this product and use a SATA II 250GB Hard Disk,will i be able to play from it by connecting it to the USB port of my PS2 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom