Play DivX/Xvid/MP3 on your Playstation 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
gauravakaasid said:
@rb_kaustuv....na dude, he's fixed his price :(. leme see wat i can do abt it

Shitty man..fixed prices are always tough to deal..try and see what you can do..btw if you really want a new-modded PS2 from Fancy Market tell me ... I happen to know a guy right there and also you would be able to bargain with him...;) ;)

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Went to pallika yesterday the price quoted was :-
1. PS2 black slim - Rs 7800
2. Memory card - Rs 999

It's coming out too costly for me. I'll have to wait for the prices to come down a bit.

Also any idea about the IR Remote ?? It was not available in pallika and they had no idea about it's cost.
Does anyone have the remote and can give me some info on it.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^too high prices dude. i was quoted 7k fer a modded one last year. also, u'll get an original ps2 from a sony outlet at that price.
also, search on ebay.sify/rediff/indiaplaza fer the ps2 remote. i found a link->
*cgi.ebay.in/DVD-REMOTE-CONTROL-FOR...0QQihZ009QQcategoryZ49230QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hope u'll have better luck!

@rb_kaustuv.....thnx fer the info man, just what i needed. :D btw, wich messenger do u use.

Last edited:

hemant_mathur

Yup the price is way too high and the sad part is that my friend brought one for Rs 7300 (Base Rs 6700 + Memory card Rs 600) 2-3 months ago from pallika only.
Well that's the price i had in mind when i went to buy it but (of course) fell a bit short. And now i have to wait for the price to come down. Sob sob

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
hemant_mathur said:
Yup the price is way too high and the sad part is that my friend brought one for Rs 7300 (Base Rs 6700 + Memory card Rs 600) 2-3 months ago from pallika only.
Well that's the price i had in mind when i went to buy it but (of course) fell a bit short. And now i have to wait for the price to come down. Sob sob

Well you have to bargain your way thru them buddy..they always way charge like that...BTW let me tell u someting..last time when the price of the PS2 was around 10k at the official SONY outlets a man at the shop said (in a very low voice "Pay another 2k and we will mod it right here.." I replied " What MOD-Chip will u be using.." "Don't Know..the guy who does it also don't know")..so fact is even if u gat at nearly the same price as that of the outlet u r the gainer as u dont pay that xtra 2K for modding..:D:D:D

gauravakaasid said:
@rb_kaustuv.....thnx fer the info man, just what i needed. :D btw, wich messenger do u use.

i use GTalk,Yahoo sparringly..will P.M you...:D:D:D

BTW i got mine last year at 7.5+750 (for memory card)..
Hey buddy do u know anyone who can fix up my external Hard Drive Cage..its broken..:(:(:(

hemant_mathur

I'll go tommorow and see if i can bring the price down.
Three more queries :-
1. Can i use my usb controllers with ps2?
2. Can i use my usb hard disk with the slim model ?
3. Can i network it with my pc through lan and play movies and songs stored on pc through ps2 ?

OP
S

slash_89

and to the query:-
1.usb controller>i have no idea,
2.usb hdd>might work,
3.thats impossible.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
Anyone out here using USBAdvanced ??
If YES then can you list the games along with the region (NTSC or PAL) that have worked flawlessly with USBAdvance...??:cool::cool:

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
rb_kaustuv said:
Anyone out here using USBAdvanced ??
If YES then can you list the games along with the region (NTSC or PAL) that have worked flawlessly with USBAdvance...??:cool::cool:
I don't use USBAdvance, I use HDAdvance, ( as I have old school Fatboy) but I thought they were basically the same. usually you have to check mode 3, some games require a patch, if you would like a list I have tried for my games that work for me ( I have close to 50) let me know. there are certain games that have a option at the beginning to switch from PAL to NTSC, for me it was Test drive unlimited and Heatseeker, and someone(from the forum) else found resident evil 4 and prince of persia to work as well.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
Liggy said:
I don't use USBAdvance, I use HDAdvance, ( as I have old school Fatboy) but I thought they were basically the same. usually you have to check mode 3, some games require a patch, if you would like a list I have tried for my games that work for me ( I have close to 50) let me know. there are certain games that have a option at the beginning to switch from PAL to NTSC, for me it was Test drive unlimited and Heatseeker, and someone(from the forum) else found resident evil 4 and prince of persia to work as well.

To be precise they are not at all the same..they have different architectures..
USBAdvance dosen't have any check modes..it does have some DNAS patching which removes the black screen hanging problem associated with some game (..err forgot which ones..)..

Anyways i own a v15 SlimLine PS2..

Btw do u use a MC Exploit to load the HDAdvance ???

Regarding switching between NTSC and PAL..some games do use that ..but some games are like either NTSC or PAL or NTSC/J.

So that was the reason i was asking whether anyone has played with USBExtreme and the list of games that have run successfully with those..

Btw it won't be bad either to have you list of games that you have been able to successfully able to play with HDAdvance..
When i start my testing i would also be upload the same..
What do u say buddy??? :):)

Liggy

well I thought they would be the same, except that HDAvance might be a sec or two faster while loading games, hmmm didn't know! As for me listing the games how's about you go to *www.darlok.com/hdloader/ (saves me from trying to remember what I all have :) ) just to let you know HDLoader is the original HDAvance. I usually check this out to see if a game will work, it is a little old some nwer games may not be listed, but it is a nice Heads-Up. I would have assumed if it works for HDAvance it should work for USBExtreme (same company) but you say it doesn't give modes So I don't know.
*edit* this link is newer and should have newer games on it *forum.hdadvance.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6&forum=2&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=165

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
:( i Have everything as given...but i am not getting BURN files in CDGENps2 >> FILES :(

Also please tell me do we have to burn .bin and .cue file ?? :confused:

Last edited:

Liggy

wizrulz said:
:( i Have everything as given...but i am not getting BURN files in CDGENps2 >> FILES :(

Also please tell me do we have to burn .bin and .cue file ?? :confused:
Sorry don't understand are you trying to burn to CD or want to transfer directly to HDD. if you want to transfer to HDD just use winhip, it will see it as an image and automatically extract it to ps2 format tot the HDD. if you are burning to disk, well I can't help you out to much but maybe able to give you a few links.

Liggy

New version of SMS player (ver 2.3) avalible at *www.sksapps.com/media/SMS_Version_2.3_R1.rar

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hi . i have wasted two CDs :(....

Now tell me step by step process...

I have down used the image given,
1st time i burnt it just like that using nero, next time i burnt with bootable cd option...
both time no use..it shows not a PS2 cd and also no data in CD error...
help me out....
How can i have the corect data and PS2 recognisable CD???

STEPS PLEASE

Liggy

Wizrulz, as stated before I do not burn disks I transfer files directly to a HDD. So I don't want to tell you how it should be done. You do however need a mod chip then(if you don't have a HDD). I will provide you with some links to hekp set you up in the right direction though. this site is really good they even have a forum on there just in case *www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=tutorials.html . *forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm good site also... actually reviewing it right now...
hope that helps dude, sorry I can not be more 'useful' :cool:

You are talking about burning games right, or are you refering to movies?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I am talking abt burning the stuff given on 1st page on a CD so that i can play my DIVX movies files on PS2......

Liggy

do you have the HDD for your PS2? As far as I know you need a modchip for the PS2 to read recorded disks. if you have the HDD you need software to be able to boot to the SMS player. ( you can either buy HDAvance, or from what I read you can download HDLoader). then get DIVX Pro, comes with a converter to convert movies to the divX format. If I were u and I didn't have a modchip or HDD I would invest in a HDD. throw everything on HDD instead of burning tons of CDs. ofcourse you can also play movies from USB mem stick as well... let me know if you have mod or HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom