plannig for my new gaming rig....

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Get the intel if ur budget is that high and if u want a very reliable system(not that amd is bad) but intel CPUs tend to run bit cooler and have better power consumption compared to amd
I don't want to start an amd vs intel argument im saying from experience I have many laptops and desktops with intel and amd CPUs
I suggest amd only to ppl who want a vfm beast rig in a small budget

Minion

Conversation Architect
aisa kya ?
who told you this ... :'D
Just check latest encodimg , rendering, photo editing softwares.
Try AutoCAD 2014 :))

People like to OC to get maximum from your pc so ...

Google before you point Some thing. Processor frequency does have little to do with performance and nobody is going to run those bench marking software anyway.

For playing games all you need 30 fps and don't underestimate that AMD FX 8350 which provides very good performance at very good price.

Not everybody wants to take risk with overclocking.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Get the intel if ur budget is that high and if u want a very reliable system(not that amd is bad) but intel CPUs tend to run bit cooler and have better power consumption compared to amd
I don't want to start an amd vs intel argument im saying from experience I have many laptops and desktops with intel and amd CPUs
I suggest amd only to ppl who want a vfm beast rig in a small budget

you have to do a research on this/

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, there is nothing like solid proof here, check all the reviews. Intel 4670K is better in games when paired with smae GPU and games which can't use 8 Cores efficiently but cost higher whereas AMD FX-8350 is pretty good for gaming and can touch i7 3770K while running newer multi-core optimized games like Crysis 3. And due to the multi-core x86 based console design, there is a high chance that future games will be heavily mult-threaded; not my opinion but most of the game developers and reviewers are predicting the same. Also you can get a better Graphics card with AMD based config and no matter how good i5 4670K in gaming, 8350 + HD 7970/GTX 770 will always perform better than Core i5 4670K + HD 7950/GTX 670/GTX 760

Nighthawk12

In the zone
You can afford GTX 770 with an i5 setup as well and if you wanna save few more thousands go for HD 7970 instead of GTX 770.

Core i5 4670K 15k
Asus Z87 Gryphon 13k
Kingston HyperX Blue KHX1600C10D3B1 8GB X 1 DDR3 1600 MHz @ 4.8K(As sugested by Cilus)
Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD @ 7K
Seasonic S12ii 620 5k
GTX 770 33k
Dell ST2740L 27" LED IPS -18500
Corsair 300R 4k
Cpu cooler 2.5k

~Total 102500

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@cilus...agreed with u...thts why i prefer amd..but i want to look in to intel as well...

amd concern is it draws too much power than intel,,,,is it so...

wht bt rest parts cabinet and modding r also highly prefered...i want to go for a full tower cabby...

@nighthawk12 nice config dude...will c it...

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you want an Intel configuration and want to run it for 3 year+ then get Ivy Bridge based Core i7 3770K which is available at 19K.The 4 Core 8 thread processing capability of it is very helpful in CPU intensive applications and multi-threaded games.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@ cilus...i7 3770k is arnd 24k mate.....and then i7 4770 4rth gen is arnd 22k....then comes the mobo...arnd 20k i gues...

whts the diff betten these two proccy...3rd gen cost more..why...

then half of my budget will go in these 2....whts the use then....i know it is better than amd config but is it wise to spend a bomb in intel config....wont amd will run for 5 yrs with sme minor changes...

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
harshilsharma....but in the m.d computers website this price was quoted...u can check this out...

PROCESSOR - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::....

is it wise to go with intel config...

harshilsharma....but in the m.d computers website this price was quoted...u can check this out...

PROCESSOR - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::....

is it wise to go with intel config...

> Okay, price of 3770k increased to 24k, but 4770k isn;t listed on the page. Onle 4770 (non k) is listed at 22k. 4770k will cost ~24-25k.

> With an Intel config, you get i5 4670k for 15-16k. Both i5 4670k and i7 3770k at their current and not at all a value for their price. I strongly suggest you to go with FX 8350 + a good FX990 motherboard and a good CPU cooler as suggested in various configs in the thread.

AMD config:

FX 8350 (13000)
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 (12200)
G.Skill ripjawsX 1600 MHz 8 GB (5100)
Zotac GTX760 2 GB AMP SLI (44000)
Corsair TX750V (7200)
Corsair 500R (7600)
Razer arctosa (2800)
Noctua NH U112DX (4100) at FK
Asus optical drive (1000)

total: 97k

Cilus

laborare est orare
BTW, today AMD is announcing their new Graphics cards...So postpone the GPU purchase until the release.

Minion

Conversation Architect
@Arnab
Processor is not something which broke easily even my old Athon Xp PC is running well till now. Regarding games a processor with powerful card always perform better than a powerful cpu with less powerful card that is why people are suggesting AMD config.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
yup thts my point...now more configs plzz in amd i think...

guys i need a full tower case...so suggest i few...i hav chosen antec 1200 v3...

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
i am using a cm 690 for 3 yrs and the problem with it is as i add more components like hdd and gpus the cable management is pathetic ...snd it is getting too conjusted and with 7 120 mm fans it is getting hotter while playing games...

so thought of a full tower case with lots of space and looks good also.....

my budget for case is with 12 -13 k...can extend but overall budget is already given....

Top Bottom