plannig for my new gaming rig....

Arnab boss

In the zone
hello guys,time for a new build...my this rig is almost 3 yrs old and will give it to my nephew and other family members for their requirements....:cry::cry::cry:

so i am ready to build my new gaming rig...i need help of all the members as i am not so aware of the current hardware scenario available.....now:):):)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:All latest games in mid or high settings,watching hd and 3d movies...sme photo editing works and normal pc jobs...:cool::cool:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans:80 thousand but can extend up to 1 lakh..:-D:-D:-D

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: as per now no..but will try later...:wink::wink:

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: I am using now windows 7 ultimate 64 bits....will upgrade to win 8 later....:twisted::twisted:

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans:I wont b needing hdd as of now as i have a 4 tb :shock::shock:, and a 500gb for operating system:oops: but i will b needing an ssd 64gb for the operating system...:lol::lol:

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: I currently hav a benq g2222hdl...will b going for a 27 inch this time...:-D:-D:-D

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: As i mentioned i will b using my 4 tb hdd in my new rig...my g400 mouse...any one of my optical drives..:wink:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: I am planning to buy it in november...but i will b start buying the components as soon i get a good rate...as prices of market is now very high and will take a mnth time to settle down....:cry::cry::cry:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:i hav assembled my old rig but i need a help to install the prooccy and the cooler...:cry::cry::cry:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: I buy my Stuffs from m.d computers basically but if the rate is low in other shops i will give a try...i also purchase online...if i get it in low price than in markets....:lol::lol::lol:

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

I am just a casual gamer and i want my new build to last 5 yrs....as i wont b upgrading bfore tht...so i want every money i spend on this rig should count.....:evil::evil::evil:

thanks in advance
:razz::razz::razz:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
hello guys,time for a new build...my this rig is almost 3 yrs old and will give it to my nephew and other family members for their requirements....:cry::cry::cry:

so i am ready to build my new gaming rig...i need help of all the members as i am not so aware of the current hardware scenario available.....now:):):)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:All latest games in mid or high settings,watching hd and 3d movies...sme photo editing works and normal pc jobs...:cool::cool:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans:80 thousand but can extend up to 1 lakh..:-D:-D:-D

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: as per now no..but will try later...:wink::wink:

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: I am using now windows 7 ultimate 64 bits....will upgrade to win 8 later....:twisted::twisted:

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans:I wont b needing hdd as of now as i have a 4 tb :shock::shock:, and a 500gb for operating system:oops: but i will b needing an ssd 64gb for the operating system...:lol::lol:

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: I currently hav a benq g2222hdl...will b going for a 27 inch this time...:-D:-D:-D

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: As i mentioned i will b using my 4 tb hdd in my new rig...my g400 mouse...any one of my optical drives..:wink:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: I am planning to buy it in november...but i will b start buying the components as soon i get a good rate...as prices of market is now very high and will take a mnth time to settle down....:cry::cry::cry:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:i hav assembled my old rig but i need a help to install the prooccy and the cooler...:cry::cry::cry:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: I buy my Stuffs from m.d computers basically but if the rate is low in other shops i will give a try...i also purchase online...if i get it in low price than in markets....:lol::lol::lol:

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

I am just a casual gamer and i want my new build to last 5 yrs....as i wont b upgrading bfore tht...so i want every money i spend on this rig should count.....:evil::evil::evil:

thanks in advance
:razz::razz::razz:

Option 1:

Intel core i5 4670k -16500
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming -13500
Zotac GTX760 AMP Edition 2GB -23000
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 MHz -4500
Corsair TX650M -6500
Dell ST2740L 27" LED IPS -18500
CM Hyper 212X -3400
Corsair 300R Windowed Version -5200
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 KB -3000

TOTAL -94,100.

Option 2:

Intel Core i7 4770k -22000
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming -13500
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB -4500
Corsair TX650M -6500
Corsair 300R Windowed -5200
CM Hyper 212X -3400

TOTAL -99,600.

Option 3:

AMD FX 8350 -12500
Asus M5A990FX PRO R2.0 -12500
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB -4500
Corsair TX650M -6500
Corsair 300R Windowed -5200
CM Hyper 212X -3400

TOTAL -89,100.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is my suggestion:-

AMD FX-8350 @ 12.5K
Deep Cool Iceblade Pro @ 2.9K
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 @ 15K
Kingston HyperX Blue KHX1600C10D3B1 8GB X 1 DDR3 1600 MHz @ 4.8K
Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD @ 7K
MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE/ Sapphire HD 7970 Vapor X @ 31.5K
Seasonic SS750JS 80+ PSU @ 5.65K
Dell S2740L IPS Panel Display @ 18.5K

Total: 97.85K

Now, Intel 4670K config is also a good choice but there are two things which refrained me for suggestion that:-
1. Current Indian cost of Intel Processors, specially Haswell based CPU, are too high when performance over Ivy Bridge is concerned.
2. Due to poor implementation of On-chip VRM implementation in Haswell, they overclock really bad. And there is a strong rumor that in Brodwell, intel might separate the VRM for processor, resulting a new socket type. IF that's the case, update options will be seriously tampered just after 1 year.
3. AMD has confirmed that Steam Roller will be compatible with AM3+ Chipset.

Regarding memory, I have suggested Kingston HyperX series over Corsair or G-Skill, even though the later brands offer 10 years of warranty over the 5 years of Kingston. Recently I had the opportunity to test several Ram modules from Kingston and other brnads. I have personally tested Kingston HyperX Blue 1600, HyperX Beast 1600 and HyperX Predator 2400 along with my own RipjawX and friend's Vengeance modules and my observations: Kingston Rams offer tighter Latency and really better overclocking than the competitors. I was able to run the HyperX Blue 1600 to 2133 MHz @ CL10 and HyperX Beast 1600 to 2400 MHz @ CL 10-12-11-30 which is just outstanding. At stock speed (1600 MHz), both HyperX Blue and Beast can run at CL 9-8-8-24-30 1T setting.
Piledriver modules really response well with higher frequency Rams and running a 1600 MHz Ram with 2133 MHz speed with CL10 latency definitely helps, tested with AIDA 64 3.0 and Super Pi benchmarks.

Now lets come to overclocking. Although 8350 is a real good and VFM product, it still lags compared to 4670K when it comes to applications which are not multi-threaded so well and most of the games fall into this category with exception of handful new games.So certain tweaks are required to improve the performance, even without direct overclocking. That's why I've suggested you a good CPU cooler. Let me explain a little:-

1. Trick 1 - Increase Turbo Core Frequency: If you are uncomfortable to overclock from the beginning, play with Turbo Core speed. The default multiplier for it is 22X (4200 MHz, 200 X 22). But with the Deep Cool Cooler I've suggested, you can set it to as high as 23.5, resulting a (200MHz X 23.5)= 4.7 MHz Turbo. Also, don't disable AMD Cool 'n Quiet, which reduce the CPU clock during idle state. As you know Turbo gets enabled only the applications demand it and when 4 or less cores are on use.
So most of the idle time, your PC will run at 1400 MHz speed and will save alot of power. For most of the not so CPU intensive but multi-threaded applications, it will be in the range of 4 to 4.4 GHz.
Now the real fun will occur during gaming which are not multithreaded, your CPU's busy cores will hit the 4.8 GHz speed, resulting drastic performance improvement (sometimes 7 to 9 FPS for the newer games). But instantly it will come back to normal as soon as you close the game, resulting better power management.

Trick 2 - Running more than 4 Cores at full Turbo Speed: As you are aware of, if very high Turbo Boost speed is used, normally it gets limited to only 4 Cores. But actually it can be tweaked to run at 6 or even 8 Cores during high workload and too, using Windows based tools, even without touching the BIOS. Just enable HPC Mode (High Performance Computing) in your Sabertooth Motherboard BIOS. Now install AMD Overdrive which is the best tweaking tool for AMD FX series. Run it, under left navigation performance Control, select Clock/Voltage, Click on the Turbo Core Control button and Turbo Core window will open. Select Boost level 1 (0 and 1 are available) and set Number of Boosted Core to 6 (4 and 6 are available). Hit ok to apply and then again Apply in Main AOD window.

Now before starting the demanding applications, set Windows Power Mode to High Performance and start the application. Use tools like Core Temp to monitor the CPU speed and you will see 6 cores are hitting 4.8 GHz, the maximum Turbo speed. As soon as the application is closed, it will revert back to normal. Now switch back to Normal power profile. Check out the image below.

AOD.jpg

Hope these will help you to decide.

Last edited:
I am just a casual gamer and i want my new build to last 5 ys....as i wont b upgrading bfore tht...so i want every money i spend on this rig should count.....:evil::evil::evil:

Don't you guys think 90k is too much for OP's needs?

Cilus

laborare est orare
He is not going to upgrade for long. So suggested him the thing which can last long.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks guys, and cilus for the brief it will help me....!!!

now guys as i mentioned i am going to play games @ mid and high settings...now i play games like farcry 3, battlefield 4 in full hd and high settings....but the only thing is my rig gets extremely hot and game hangs...

i dont want to start a war but which system to go for...intel or amd as i hav been using amd for a while i am happy with its performance....but intel proocys & mobo cost a bomb which i think is not vunarable....
u guys forgot the main thing.....cabinet...lol

ok here the config palash frm m.d computers gave me....

antec 1200 cabinet @11200

fx8350 @ 12700

msi fx 990chipset mobo @ 8700

corsair hx1050 @ 14800 ....i think it will b a overkill...wht abt a hx 850

plextor ssd 128 gb @ 7800...i wont b going for this....corsair or kingston

BenQ High Performance Gaming XL2720T 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor...this model is not available here..BENQ MONITOR 27" GW2760HS...this is available @ 19300

i like this G.SKILL RAM RIPJAWS X 16GB DDR3 1600FSB @ 9800....but as cilus said i will look @ kingston blue also...

cpu cooler i hav no idea so will go which will suit the best...

now the hardest part...gpu...i hav a msi r7770 oced edition.....it works well and as i mentioned i play games @ high level with this....so guys is it wise to spend a bomb in gpu....as smthng new will b coming in nxt yr and then all the hype fir tht...

so if i go for a mid budget card and then after 2 yrs change it with smething else....just a thought....

now guys wht abt this....waiting for ur replies...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, that MSI motherboard you're talking about is MSI 990FXA-GD65, the cheapest 990FX motherboard out there. I used to suggest it but after little research, found out it has huge number of VRM failure reports (Thanks D3p for pointing it out) in numerous forums and MSI has released a new revision of the motherboard with corrections which, I don't think, is available in India. At least get the Asus M5A99FX-Pro or Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 motherboard. But since you want it for long run, Gigabyte 990FX-UD5 or Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 is highly recommended.

For Kingston Ram, PM Sumonpathak as he has some contacts in Kingsnon, Kolkata and might help you to get at cheaper rate.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
You can also consider
i5 4670K with Asus Z87 motherboard since you can easily afford them, it is better than FX 8350 in gaming even when overclocked.(Plus it consumes even less than half the power of an overclocked FX 8350, let I say FX 8350 is OC'd to 4.5ghz it consumes about/around 200 Watts, on other hand stock i5 4670 consumes 80-90 watts at max.

ankush28

Bazinga
OP
>dont go for such costly water coolers no need for that seriously...
>Stick with Asus Sabertooth as its loong time investment, dont go with that msi board
>Go for GTX770 or GTX 760x2 SLI it wont need any upgrade for 5-6 years for CASUAL or mid range gaming.

If you want any good intel alternate then i7-4770 with H87 board is the way for you.

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can also consider
i5 4670K with Asus Z87 motherboard since you can easily afford them, it is better than FX 8350 in gaming even when overclocked.(Plus it consumes even less than half the power of an overclocked FX 8350, let I say FX 8350 is OC'd to 4.5ghz it consumes about/around 200 Watts, on other hand stock i5 4670 consumes 80-90 watts at max.

Buddy, agreed with your power consumption thing but each and every post you say that Intel i5 is better than FX-8350 series in gaming. But Games are not played by Processor alone, in fact Processor takes a back seat in gaming and GPU is the main thing to consider. Try to understand, we are not suggesting only Processor + Motherboard alone to OP but a complete config which serves his gaming purpose at also fits well within his budget. Can you fit anything over a GTX 760 or 670 within OP's budget if you consider 4670K? The Processor alone cost you 4k higher and a Motherboard equivalent to a Sabertooth 990FX will cost him around 18K; any Z87 motherboard won't do it for long run.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Buddy, agreed with your power consumption thing but each and every post you say that Intel i5 is better than FX-8350 series in gaming. But Games are not played by Processor alone, in fact Processor takes a back seat in gaming and GPU is the main thing to consider. Try to understand, we are not suggesting only Processor + Motherboard alone to OP but a complete config which serves his gaming purpose at also fits well within his budget. Can you fit anything over a GTX 760 or 670 within OP's budget if you consider 4670K? The Processor alone cost you 4k higher and a Motherboard equivalent to a Sabertooth 990FX will cost him around 18K; any Z87 motherboard won't do it for long run.

Buddy, I also agree with your points but since he can afford(I mean he has the budget to afford both i5 plus a good gpu) so it's better to go with i5.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks guys...@cilus i just told the config i got frm md compu....i personaly dont like tht through....

now guys i dont hav any issue in i5 or i7 but the price for the combo of both these r much higher than amd set up...so is it wise to go with intel.....

thanks guys...@cilus i just told the config i got frm md compu....i personaly dont like tht through....

now guys i dont hav any issue in i5 or i7 but the price for the combo of both these r much higher than amd set up...so is it wise to go with intel.....

When an Intel cpu and AMD cpu is used with the same graphic card, Intel gives better performance. But, in a limited (but not small nonetheless) budget, you can include a more powerfull graphic card with the AMD setup due the lower cost of CPU+moherboard combo. The AMD setup suggested by Cilus is great. What is it that you don't like about AMD?

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@ harshilsharma63... dude i did nt said i dont like amd...i am using this rig for last 3 yrs and it is running flawlessly...i myself is considering cilus suggestion...

i only asked tht is it wiser to invest in intel combo...as the price will cost me a bomb....and as per my requirements amd will b the best but i also want to check out intel....as i want this rig to go on a long run without any issue...

guys wht abt the cabinet...is antec 1200 is ok...

@ harshilsharma63... dude i did nt said i dont like amd...i am using this rig for last 3 yrs and it is running flawlessly...i myself is considering cilus suggestion...

i only asked tht is it wiser to invest in intel combo...as the price will cost me a bomb....and as per my requirements amd will b the best but i also want to check out intel....as i want this rig to go on a long run without any issue...

guys wht abt the cabinet...is antec 1200 is ok...

Antec 1200 is great but is too expensive and unnecessary in your use case IMHO. Get NZXT Phantom 410 instead. Also mention which pasts have you finalized.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@harshilsharma63...dude i didnt finalized anything as of now....but i need a full tower case with front usb 3 ports and better cooling....

Minion

Conversation Architect
You can also consider

Processor don't run at their full speed al the time and over clocking is not needed in most cases.

ankush28

Bazinga
Processor don't run at their full speed al the time and over clocking is not needed in most cases.
aisa kya ?
who told you this ... :'D
Just check latest encodimg , rendering, photo editing softwares.
Try AutoCAD 2014 :))

People like to OC to get maximum from your pc so ...

Top Bottom