Planned to get Nokia C6..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you are thinking of getting C6, then a big NO is my answer.
if you are thinking of getting C6-01, then yes. But, given that the price of LG Optimus One is now at 11k-12k, do consider that one too.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Is LG a reliable one...Even the new comer samsung sucks in many mobiles even in corby pro...That's y decided to go for Nokia...Sony ericsson too sucks in the same way with some hardware probs...

6x6

Journeyman
^ by my past experience - LG is crap (bugs and bugs).
but now things may have changed :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Is LG a reliable one...Even the new comer samsung sucks in many mobiles even in corby pro...That's y decided to go for Nokia...Sony ericsson too sucks in the same way with some hardware probs...

There are couple of threads running on LG optimus one and other budget android phones. Do take a look at those threads. You can ask your queries and those who already own LG O1 will clear them for you.

If you are not much into type of OS etc, C6-01 is definitely a good buy and it's main use is in:

1. USB OTG
2. navigation
3. battery life
4. camera
5. 3d graphics accelerator.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
You can surely go and get the C6-00. It's got all the features of a smartphone - good camera, GPS, WLAN, 3.2" touchscreen with good response, VGA video recording at 30fps, and a price tag of between 12000 and 13000. It has got all the features someone would like to have in this budget. Free Lifetime Voice guided navigation license on Ovi Maps is also a good feature, bundled along with all the Nokia smartphones since january 2010. Battery Life is good. It can easily survive a day and a half on moderate usage. Earlier, it got severe hanging issues, but the pieces being shipped now, are almost free from these issues. I am myself using one for about a month, and I'm quite satisfied with its performance. LG has issues with after sales service. Can't say about the others.
Check this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/132679-nokia-c6-00-a.html

Last edited:

vnayrp

Right off the assembly line
Most Imp.... BIG NO to Nokia Cell Phones today....
today is the world of Motorola and HTC Android Phones.....
Guys.... Grow up.
15K HTC Wildfire is selling like Hot Cakes today.....
White color with 5 MP (OK quality) cam is fine. but the headphones are not worth on it. you need to buy some good quality Philips or Sony Earplugs.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Most Imp.... BIG NO to Nokia Cell Phones today....
today is the world of Motorola and HTC Android Phones.....
Guys.... Grow up.
15K HTC Wildfire is selling like Hot Cakes today.....
White color with 5 MP (OK quality) cam is fine. but the headphones are not worth on it. you need to buy some good quality Philips or Sony Earplugs.

Yes Surely!
Motorola can be seen nowhere. You can't find HTC Service Centres, in case your device breaks up.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ not everyone wants an Android. its not that Android isn't good. its better than Symbian but not everyone likes it. some prefers Nokia over HTC/Moto.

but Nokia C6-00 isn't worth talking about. getting a better cam + flash won't make it a better mobile.

and i don't see how HTC Wildfire better than the 13k Androids. LG & Samsung avl for 12.5k & below. at 14k, Motorola Zeppelin Lite Xt5 brings 5Mp cam + flash & a better screen (read somewhere it got gorilla glass screen). than why a ageing HTC Wildfire getting the upper hand, i not know.

Wildfire: got low resolution screen, launched long ago, price is 1k higher but 16M colour
XT5: higher resolution screen, newly launched & affordable price but lower colour.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You can surely go and get the C6-00. It's got all the features of a smartphone - good camera, GPS, WLAN, 3.2" touchscreen with good response, VGA video recording at 30fps, and a price tag of between 12000 and 13000. It has got all the features someone would like to have in this budget. Free Lifetime Voice guided navigation license on Ovi Maps is also a good feature, bundled along with all the Nokia smartphones since january 2010. Battery Life is good. It can easily survive a day and a half on moderate usage. Earlier, it got severe hanging issues, but the pieces being shipped now, are almost free from these issues. I am myself using one for about a month, and I'm quite satisfied with its performance. LG has issues with after sales service. Can't say about the others.
Check this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/132679-nokia-c6-00-a.html

suggesting that ugly C6-00 brick with resistive touch and S60. Seriously????

siddhesh222

Journeyman
@allenmobis: You sound very biased. Why the hate? so many guys here have optimus one and it's working fine for them and they look happy with the build etc.

Also you sound so much like a bot or something, no offence.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
My choice of Phone In 10k -15k
1. LG Optimus .
(GOOD OS with Normal hardware)
2. NOKIA X6 8gb (If u r nokia Fan)
3. samsung galaxy 3 (for Android Fans)
4. Samsung Wave 2 @9k
5. HTC wildfire.

If Possible can Wait For Nokia C6-01

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@allenmobis: You sound very biased. Why the hate? so many guys here have optimus one and it's working fine for them and they look happy with the build etc.

Also you sound so much like a bot or something, no offence.

actually he right. LG wasn't good but as Motorola, its making a comeback & bringing good mobiles with it at economic prices (not everyone pocket deep enough to give out 20k for a mobile). Samsung seem to flood the mobile market with whatever mobile they can make. and actually working fine for them as their build quality is fantastic.

not everyone comfortable with LG unless they use one of their new mobile (Optimus One, 7). and let LG get some publicity, it'll gain back its popularity among TDF.

My choice of Phone In 10k -15k
1. LG Optimus .
(GOOD OS with Normal hardware)
2. NOKIA X6 8gb (If u r nokia Fan)
3. samsung galaxy 3 (for Android Fans)
4. Samsung Wave 2 @9k
5. HTC wildfire.

If Possible can Wait For Nokia C6-01

the first 3 makes sense. last 2, not so much. also Motorola XT5 zepplin lite is a good buy. don't miss it.

Dude, are you sure??? I think you got mixed up between wave 533 and wave 2!!!

:lol: oops, i missed the price. yes that was surely a typo. still 533 isn't a good buy. BADA OS with no 3G (that sucks).

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ DESIBOND

That's what mean machines are meant to be. Large and Ugly.
GUYS don't like beautiful handsets.
Though, it's got a resistive touchscreen, it's been fine tuned such that, it's somewhere in between the resistive and capacitive. I use one myself, and have no issues with it.:mrgreen:
----

About the Samsung Wave(s), I think, they are already out of production, to make way for the GALAXY's.

Otherwise, C6-01, or the C7 can also be considered. Specs-wise, these are much better than the similarly priced MOTOs and the HTCs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom