Phone for around 20 - 22K

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
1. Budget?
around 22K
2. Display type and size?
At least a 3.7 inch, and resolution of 480X800 or more.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Not really important.
4. Preferred choice of brand?
HTC, Sony, LG, Samsung (least preferred)
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
QWERTY and then touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Not important. A 5 MP with flash would suffice my needs.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
really confused with this. I like iOS, Android and window 7.5. All felt very good.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G and wi fi is a must. But I think most of the phones have all these nowadays.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
No specific such applications
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Primary use will be phone calls and SMS. Next important aspect is MUSIC. Music should be comparable to an iphone. I shall be using a brainwavz M4 headphone with this phone. Strictly no gaming on the phone (I have my PS3 and PSP for that matter :))
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Xperia P, Sony Xperia sola, HTC One V, Nokia Lumia 710
12. Any other info that you want to share.
Battery life is very important. should last me at least 1.5 day with moderate use (about 100 phone calls a day, couple of sms , music playback of about 3 hours.).

Would have gone for an iphone 4G if it were avaialble for around 25 K. Could not find any such deals. :cry:

Vignesh B

Youngling
HTC Sensation or Xperia P.
As far as music quality is concerned Sensation has one of the best quality.
Or if you can increase your budget go with S2(though poor audio quality)
A Windows Phone is also enough considering your needs. Look for Lumia 800 if you want to take this route.

Last edited:

D3LeT3

Broken In
Dont go for Motorola in India. Their service centers are few and with slow response times. Also look up the respective phone's threads on xdaforums before buying just in case you might wanna root later. It's good to buy a phone that's supported by free lance developers through custom ROMs. The Sensation has really good support. That being said it is a year and a couple of months old and HTC has stopped production.Its hard to find even on ebay some pieces are available for 25k which is not worth it. Maybe you'll have better luck with Samsung.(1 too hate Samsung with 3 phones giving major issues not to mention my monitor as well). All the best.If you're going for the Galaxy S2 at 25k , I'd suggest you wait a bit as the crappy HTC One S(cause of s3 processor and older Adreno 220 GPU) is launching today. Fools will buy it.That should force Sony to cut prices on their Xperia S which is selling for 29k at the moment and IMHO it's a better buy than the SGSII. All the best.

red dragon

Master troll
Sensation XE(as a matter of fact everything from htc)sounds horrible even if you ditch those crappy beats phones with a decent iem(M4 in your case).
GS2 is also pretty poor in the sq department(constant whining of the cpu)

I have not used Atrix 2,but it seems pretty good and awesome vfm proposition.
Like most Moto phones,this one also should sound decent(at least miles ahead compared to the sensation xe)

Last edited:

vaibhavl

Broken In
Okay so my suggestion may not be accepted easily but this phone is really really great.
Lava XOLO. Flipkart is offerign it at a good price.
Xolo X900: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
This phone comes with 2,3 android. So is pretty good. Personally have used the camera, and it is just best in the class.
The only major flaw i find is that there is not much acceptance for LAVA. Other than that it is a great phone.
If you wish to check genuine user reviews related to this particular phone, you can go here.

OP
J

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
Thank you all for your replies. I went today to get a feel of all above mentioned phones, but it my bad luck that i could not find Sony xperia P.

One more friend suggested me that LAVA XOLO. But i do not want that as that brand is not very popular and getting service would be a problem.

how is the Xperia Neo V?

mitraark

Decrepit
Thank you all for your replies. I went today to get a feel of all above mentioned phones, but it my bad luck that i could not find Sony xperia P.

One more friend suggested me that LAVA XOLO. But i do not want that as that brand is not very popular and getting service would be a problem.

how is the Xperia Neo V?

Neo V is highly overpriced .

This one seems a good deal and specs are good too but ask around just to make sure.

HTC Sensation Z710e ~ Rs 22299

HTC Sensation Price in India | Z710e Specifications, Features and Reviews

red dragon

Master troll
Atrix 2 is a far better phone than Neo V.
Xperia P is another option(but even with the current state,that Motorola India is in,I will trust them more than Sony)

techlover

In the zone
Neo V is overpriced??? it is easily available for 16-17k in local stores now :p

I suggest to go with Xperia P .....its one of the best in this range :)

Top Bottom