Petrol Price to be the cheapest in goa

Sujeet

Undead!!!
When you Ever Get Time ...(from admin-ing TDF:wink:) Just Checkout The Bus Stop At The Turn of Mehrloli near the flyover..(the turn we have to take to go towards Ryan Int. School.).You will know what i mean..

Anyways The point is that Government Has always got their hands in everything That goes wrong in country..i agree that but No Government is perfect ..though few are better than other...Still its All upto us to make a change....And thats something which we need to solve every problem we are coping up in here not just Petrol Price Hike.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
In Dubai.They Have One card that is used by buses and metro.
I have been to delhi long back,and i found Delhi having the best transport.Bangalore is on its way,but again no planing on how to make it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are constructing Metro and their buses are arguably better than DTC from what people say.

d3p

PowerHouse
IMO Petrol Prices should be 100INR/ltr. Govt should encourage public to use public transport. Also to introduce public transportation in each & every cities.
Govt Should ban these Autos. Fines & Road Taxes should go high, so no one will every break any rules.

reniarahim1

Youngling
Give me safe, comfortable and good public transport even if the price is on a bit higher side, i dont care for cars then.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
+1 for Public transportation. In Bangalore, going by bus is a nightmare. Apart from the A/C bus, all others are already in bad shape and traveling in that for 1 hr, will give you back pain and all other pain.

Right now, i am on car pooling, 5 people goes in one car, (FYI i have a bike, and a car, which i don't want to user). In Bangalore, bus connectivity is so bad, that to reach my office i have to take 2 bus, and after certain point, no buses. So pay for auto.

Then we decided to go by car, which again, costs me 200rs/day (poor mileage) for mere 30km. So we planned together and fine with car pooling.

And as for Goa, if it is true, then it is REAL Good.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I remember going around Bangalore in bus using a one-day pass,when i had come some years back.It was totally worth the 30 bucks.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Gasoline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-- 1.50 Euros per Litre is the average Petrol price in European countries. That's exactly Rs. 100. Like India, these countries also import majority of fuel.

"Gareeb desh. Aam janta." - is retarded. Efficient public transport is the solution.

Nothing will happen in this country. The tragedy about this country is - people and the government, both are idiots. You can't say the same for USA. Their government is retarded, but people are fine.

If each municipality thinks of sorting out transportation problem in their city, everything would be fine.

In most Indian "cities" if you are dropped at point X, you can't come back to your home smoothly.

There isn't any problem if one owns a car and uses it the way he likes. It is his choice. But people/govt. should realise the right solution. Lowering/hiking of fuel price is not the solution.

I agree with the efficient public transport but you can't compare Rs. 100 to 1.5 Euros because the people in Europe have higher per capita income. Around $50000 in each country. In India, that is very, very low.. around $1600 I guess. So Rs. 100 is still a huge amount for most of the Indians where as 1.5 Euros is nothing for an average European.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ European are not so rich like Indians. They life style / Culture is entire different from ours, which makes them rich. Engineerings & Technologies are rich, which makes them finance capital.

^^ This exactly lacks in india.

We save half of our earnings every month for our future investments, but thats not the case with them. They love to spend it across & enjoy the life.

Govt is more proactive & population is less, matt-effect the policies introduced by Govt reaches each & every citizen out there. Emission Norms & Rules & regulations are strict. Nobody, ever think of disrespecting those rules, not just because they can't pay the fines, but its against their culture.

People get good drivings skills from schools, infact very much disciplinary driving skills. Which is why, we can witness most of the F1, WRC, MotoGp racer around the Globe from Europe. Not because they learn driving from Public Road & became a Road Maniac.

Imagine a village or country side with a max population of 100 & out of 100, 10 people clean the area....No doubt it will be clean. That's not the case with Indian. The Size of europe is twice bigger than India & population is 5 times lesser.

People are more educated towards their rights & responsibilities, where india again lacks.

The funda is pretty simple, respect others & respect the habitat. Which is where we are exactly opposite.

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Yup agree to that.
I feel if Indians Start following lanes Rules.I feel 30% of traffic jams will reduce.And infact petrol will be saved by them.Here in india a two lane road becomes a 4 lane road,By cars going,on half of parking space,bikes and autos going between two lanes of jars,Buses brake keep on shifting lanes

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with the efficient public transport but you can't compare Rs. 100 to 1.5 Euros because the people in Europe have higher per capita income. Around $50000 in each country. In India, that is very, very low.. around $1600 I guess. So Rs. 100 is still a huge amount for most of the Indians where as 1.5 Euros is nothing for an average European.
Silly old argument. As if people having per capita income of $1600 own cars? "We are poor, so give us cheap petrol." - this argument doesn't work. We are poor in oil fields as well.

The worst part about Indians is, you give 5 lakhs to somebody randomly, he'll buy a car. Whether he has the income to pay for petrol or not. These guys are the ones who get hit mostly.

Secondly, to neutralise the petrol price - don't give subsidy to people driving personal SUVs on Diesel.

And that 1.50 Euro argument tells me that you haven't been outside India and never seen their culture. 1 Euro is a LOT of Europeans. 1 Dollar is a LOT for Americans. Cultural and price differences cancel them out. They spend for leisure, we spend on the necessities. Mother Dairy gives a 1 litre of milk in Rs. 25 over here. In Europe, it's well over a Euro. 1 Gallon (3.75 litre) of Milk in USA was $10. Vegetables and fruits were also expensive in USA.

Cars are cheap here. Over there? Nope. Cheap cars are more efficient here. Over there? nope.

Pretty much same thing. They are getting what they deserve though.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
$50000 per capita income was on the higher side. Whole EU's per capita in come is $35000.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ 50000$ P.A.In that if you take Tax,petrol,food,clothing,living expenses everything only less than 10000$ will remain

Top Bottom