Pen drive read speed !!

bubusam13

Human
:shock: Check this. Is it normal ? I checked it once, twice, thrice. I copied "The Dirty Picture" and several other movies from my Transcend pen drive to my Hard Disk. Look the read speed. It is about 130 MB/s before. :shock:

*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/speed.png :shock:

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
It took only a few seconds to get copied.
The speed is not just instantaneous. It lasted till the file get copied.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
most probably an anomaly because of some kind of hard disk caching/optimization.such speed is not possible even on usb 3 pen drives(~50MBps).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speed burst. or may be an error in reporting.

I think file was still being copied after the dialog box reported finished.

Do one thing. Copy it once more to a random location and immediately open WMP and go to the end of the video. Does the video play or not? Only that would confirm about file being copied so quickly.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
I downloaded the dirty picture, sahi dhande galat bande and speedy singh at office and at home copied to my hard disk from my pendrive. All are same. The file can be played on WMP and not corrupted, its USB 2.0 pendrive I bought 2 yrs ago.

@bubusam13: The Speed is amazing....can try out the same file on TeraCopy?

I stopped using tera copy long before when I was using XP because I found it somewhat slow and I think it results in much fragmented drive. May be I am wrong but I don't use it.

@ico... Do one thing. Copy it once more to a random location and immediately open WMP and go to the end of the video. Does the video play or not? Only that would confirm about file being copied so quickly.

It can be played.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I downloaded the dirty picture, sahi dhande galat bande and speedy singh at office and at home copied to my hard disk from my pendrive. All are same. The file can be played on WMP and not corrupted, its USB 2.0 pendrive I bought 2 yrs ago.

u are lucky then :wink:

Niilesh

Padawan
I have experienced the same thing!!
Will post a screenshot tomorrow
But in my case it was 169 MBps(AFAIR) ;)
It was a 4.00 GB single rar file
But the speed only lasted about 15~ sec.
Copied 0.5 Gb in ~3-4 sec!!

clmlbx

Technomancer
Well I too noticed this for once few days ago.. but It was an error as copy process did not completed in given/calculated time..

Even I had transcend Pen drive

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
X = Total size of the contents being copied (in MB)
Y = Exact ACTUAL seconds it took to copy (in Sec)
Z = X / Y = Actual speed, in MB per Sec. (Not what a dialog box says).

Niilesh

Padawan
I almost forgot about this thread
*i.imgur.com/eHSiK.jpg

Though it actually 2-3 min to copy but still for USB 2.0 it is great

Last edited:
Top Bottom