Pc shutdown issue :(

baKu

Broken In
hey guys plzz help me out.....whenever i shutdown my pc instead of shutdown it restarts again...why's this happening...?

i performed diskchecks..even formated my C drive..and did clean install of OS again..but still the the problem perisist's..i have to shutdown my pc directly from the powerswitch everyday...
plzzz help me out!!!!!! :(

Soumik99

Journeyman
oh come on.. we have a separate forum for that!!! it must be a a faulty motherboard/component or something like that.

OP
B

baKu

Broken In
oh come on.. we have a separate forum for that!!! it must be a a faulty motherboard/component or something like that.

nope...pc is workin totally fine..but when it comes to shutdown it doesnt.....instead it restarts..plzz give some solution plzz!! :(

Tenida

Gadget Freak
hey guys plzz help me out.....whenever i shutdown my pc instead of shutdown it restarts again...why's this happening...?

i performed diskchecks..even formated my C drive..and did clean install of OS again..but still the the problem perisist's..i have to shutdown my pc directly from the powerswitch everyday...
plzzz help me out!!!!!! :(

Mention your full config. along with Brand/Model no. of SMPS!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the issue OP is facing could be due to improper power management settings in bios .

@ OP - check your power Management settings in Bios - This page will come in handy ;-)

Power Management Settings : BIOS for Beginners

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
It may be due to many reason, faulty motherboard, ram, psu or even any extension card. Give more details about your rig.

OP
B

baKu

Broken In
rig details:

processor- intel q8300 2.5ghz

ram-4gb kingston 800mhz

psu-circle 600 wats

gfx- amd 6950 1gb

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
now I see where's the issue is - it's the crappy circle 600W PSU you have - it's not enough to power your rig with a HD6950.

Get a good PSU like SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze @ 3.5k and your issue will be solved ;-)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@topgear- Can you explain WTH PSU has got to do with system restart thing after shutdown ? I see, some of the members blindly blame PSU for literally "anything". I agree his PSU is crap, but his problem is very diff IMO.

Last edited:
OP
B

baKu

Broken In
^^Can you explain WTH PSU has got to do with system restart thing after shutdown ? I see, some of the members blindly blame PSU for literally "anything". I agree his PSU is crap, but his problem is very diff IMO.

psu is workin gr8 man ...no power issues...can anything be wrong with my hdd??

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@baKu: what happens when u restart?

no body is sure here whether its a Hardware problem or software problem.

if u have two RAM modules then try to check with 1 RAM module.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I know its fine, anyways that comment was for topgear & other members who are bindly blaming PSU for "anything". I don't think that your HDD could be the problem. I guess either BIOS or some kind of settings in mobo.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: that PSU of your PC is under-powering your rig simply because of the fact that its a crap brand whose official website presently didn't even exist.. But be a PSu with low effeminacy..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear- Can you explain WTH PSU has got to do with system restart thing after shutdown ? I see, some of the members blindly blame PSU for literally "anything". I agree his PSU is crap, but his problem is very diff IMO.

A crap PSU can make a lot of things so most of the time crap psus are blamed for anything ;-)

I know its fine, anyways that comment was for topgear & other members who are bindly blaming PSU for "anything". I don't think that your HDD could be the problem. I guess either BIOS or some kind of settings in mobo.

How do you know that Op's psu is fine - have you personally checked that unit ?? on the previous comment you said something different ;-)

anyone is not blindly blaming only the PSu for Ops issue - blaming crap PSu is among many other possible reason and this might not be even a Hardware related issue either.

Op has not mentioned what OS he is using ( I can't find any ) and this is a common issue that many XP users have faced and there's a lot of issue can be behind of this - like malware, recently installed software, driver or OS updates, any change in OS settings etc.

But it's still recommended to use a better quality PSU for HD6950 and after getting one Op should tell us if he has scanned his system with updated AV, recently installed any software, driver or OS updates, any change in OS settings - any software or hardware chnages before this issue showed up.

OP
B

baKu

Broken In
@baKu: what happens when u restart?

no body is sure here whether its a Hardware problem or software problem.

if u have two RAM modules then try to check with 1 RAM module.

everything is workin fine but after all my wrk is finished on my computer...when shutdown my pc...it does shut down..but immediatly starts again so everytime to avoid tht i have to switch it off from main power.

ya and no hardware changes...or any software installed before this problem occured...even i chkd by with my frnds corsair 600 psu but the problem still persists..n my psu is 600 +80v..so it can handle more power than 600 watss easily..in its for 3k..so i think power isnt any issue

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
everything is workin fine but after all my wrk is finished on my computer...when shutdown my pc...it does shut down..but immediatly starts again so everytime to avoid tht i have to switch it off from main power.

so this is the main problem here...the main culprit is the controller in motherboard which controls the shutdown/restart process...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - if it's a windows related issue and you have a legit copy of windows OS try contacting Microsoft support ;-)
Microsoft Support

Top Bottom