Pc shutdown issue :(

agyaat

Broken In
hey guys plzz help me out.....whenever i shutdown my pc instead of shutdown it restarts again...why's this happening...?

i performed diskchecks..even formated my C drive..and did clean install of OS again..but still the the problem perisist's..i have to shutdown my pc directly from the powerswitch everyday...
plzzz help me out!!!!!! :(

oh come on.. we have a separate forum for that!!! it must be a a faulty motherboard/component or something like that.

Yep, looks like a faulty BIOS chip.

everything is workin fine but after all my wrk is finished on my computer...when shutdown my pc...it does shut down..but immediatly starts again so everytime to avoid tht i have to switch it off from main power.

ya and no hardware changes...or any software installed before this problem occured...even i chkd by with my frnds corsair 600 psu but the problem still persists..n my psu is 600 +80v..so it can handle more power than 600 watss easily..in its for 3k..so i think power isnt any issue

I had the same issue for one of my computers. It happened with XP, but not with Win 7 or the Linuxes. At the time, I used the same measures as you did. However, it should be noted that at the time, my UPS was arguably out of service completely, and the earthing was actually inexistent. Due to it, one of the plug sockets on the UPS burned as well.

P.S. Try a few things. Go to the mobo website and update all the firmwares and drivers. That could be a thing. Then, also keep the OS patched upto date. Some times it could be the HDD itself.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
everything is workin fine but after all my wrk is finished on my computer...when shutdown my pc...it does shut down..but immediatly starts again so everytime to avoid tht i have to switch it off from main power.

ya and no hardware changes...or any software installed before this problem occured...even i chkd by with my frnds corsair 600 psu but the problem still persists..n my psu is 600 +80v..so it can handle more power than 600 watss easily..in its for 3k..so i think power isnt any issue

Looks like a problem with power button to me. Check cabinet's power cables & buttons. Either they are sorted, and which is creating problem. Or, your motherboard is enjoying its last few days.

Top Bottom