Pc restarts @ power cut.

gautam_dey66

Error 404
Ok, i've bought Microtek 2 Battery Double Power+ 800VA Ups. But now the problem I m facing (again) is that when ever there is power cut my pc restarts. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. What could be the possible reason for this? Pc restarts almost everytime during powercut while gaming. It was the same with my old Microtek 600VA ups (now fried). My new ups is working fine, I know it.
My pc config.
Intel Core 2 duo e4600 @ 2.4 ghz
2 X 1gb ddr2 (ram)
3 X 320gb (hdd)
1 X dvd writer (which i m not using currently)
Geforce 8400gs
supercomp 450 watts (smps)
Acer 19" (lcd monitor)
Plz help as I m worrid that these instant restarts may damage my beloved pc.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
As suggested by tkin over facebook on your problem, change SMPS.
Buy at least Corsair CX430V2 @2.4K.

OP
gautam_dey66

gautam_dey66

Error 404
Ok changing smps will solve my problame.
I also have a
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
ur suggested smps will be enough for it?

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
getting a good branded PSU is always recommended and if you are purchasing new GPU then first buy PSU.

for your problem.. UPS is culprit.. it happened to me and UPS was culprit.. go check it first

OP
gautam_dey66

gautam_dey66

Error 404
My ups is brand new n off the shelf.
Some how if it may be the culprit, how can i make sure of it. As i don't wanna waste money on a new ups again. Plz advice.

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
^ I am sure that his UPS is okay, the problem is with his psu, I have the same problem when I switch between a generic psu and CM 1000w on the same setup and ups. When using the generic one, the PC restarts on powercut, while using the CM 1000w the PC doesn't restarts.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Ok, i've bought Microtek 2 Battery Double Power+ 800VA Ups. But now the problem I m facing (again) is that when ever there is power cut my pc restarts. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. What could be the possible reason for this? Pc restarts almost everytime during powercut while gaming. It was the same with my old Microtek 600VA ups (now fried). My new ups is working fine, I know it.
My pc config.
Intel Core 2 duo e4600 @ 2.4 ghz
2 X 1gb ddr2 (ram)
3 X 320gb (hdd)
1 X dvd writer (which i m not using currently)
Geforce 8400gs
supercomp 450 watts (smps)
Acer 19" (lcd monitor)
Plz help as I m worrid that these instant restarts may damage my beloved pc.

change you ups battery .

clmlbx

Technomancer
^ I am sure that his UPS is okay, the problem is with his psu, I have the same problem when I switch between a generic psu and CM 1000w on the same setup and ups. When using the generic one, the PC restarts on powercut, while using the CM 1000w the PC doesn't restarts.

well If it happened randomly then I might have said PSU too but if it does happen only at time of power cut then I would bet on UPS.. Let the OP check and see who is actual culprit :|

thinkdigitman

Right off the assembly line
I dont know the issue with your problem.
But i can assure you MICROTEK UPS( for PC"s) are the worst lot. (Not sure about the home interver's)

I bought the same double battery , off the shelf.....
Firstly fumed my Coolermaster 500W SMPS (Costing 4k+) and then killed my Dlink Modem adapter

Went to city's only service center which was like a "Redhi-wala" "kabadhi" single room shop. Took 3 days to fix it and M..F**ker remained the same and fumed my adapter again.

Open it myself.. You too do it to cross check. One of the worst build quality inside with wires packed like s h i t. Removed the batteries & sold the junk to scrap dealer instead of wasting my time and energy carrying that heavey crap to "redhi-wala" again (i mean service-center )

Never ever will buy any microtek product. Cheap, no-Quality control company! Thats the first advise i give to anyone who asks me for UPS

I am still using my 15 years old POWERCOM UPS and its way slick and nicely manufactured. Just replace the battery from time to time.
RUNS High grade SMPS+quad core processor+2 HDD+1SSD+1 HD GPU+ 3 FANS+ 4 RAM sticks+ 2 HD 22inch Monitors +1 Wifi Modem for at least 8 minutes, on full charge!

Top Bottom