pc not starting pl help....!!!!!!

rohanz

Journeyman
hey guys plz help me my pc (assembled one) is not starting the moniter is starting & there is a light in my motherboard which is also lightened :!: but when i press the start button (on my pc) it dosent start :?: :-(
plz help guys
thanx in advance........

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Is it a newly assembled one? If yes, then get it checked from the assembler immediately.
If the PSU fan is not rotating then it is faulty, get it replaced or repaired if it is under warranty, buy a new one if it isn't.

OP
rohanz

rohanz

Journeyman
npe its not new i have used it for more than 3months
asus mother board
4gb ram
500gb hd
2.60 ghz (pentium dual core)

Tron91

In the zone
The SMPS can be checked if its okay by doing this:

1. Unplug the power supply cables from the SMPS to ur motherboard.

2. Plug the SMPS to the A/C power supply. Short circuit any two terminals having black and green wires. (The end giving power to ur motherboard) Remember 1 black wire to a green wire.

3. Check if the SMPS fan is rotating. If its not, time to get a new SMPS.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Check the PSU following Tron91's suggestion and if its fan doesn't spin, it's time to replace it. Since it's under warranty you should get a replacement.

ajai5777

Youngling
My friend had a similar experience.His PC wasnt starting immediately when he swtch it on.It was taking 5 min or so to start.It started after he put a 9400GT to the rig.His config was an old p4,asus mobo etc it was upgraded from an OEM PC.I told him that its SMPS problem and I went to check it.After opening the PC I was shocked; the rig was running in a 200W SMPS :shock: What would be the actual out put ? 140-150W? He was playing games in that rig :lol: Splinter Cell DA ran fine in that condition :p.Then a Zebronics 450W Sata Plus was fitted and the prob solved.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The SMPS can be checked if its okay by doing this:

1. Unplug the power supply cables from the SMPS to ur motherboard.

2. Plug the SMPS to the A/C power supply. Short circuit any two terminals having black and green wires. (The end giving power to ur motherboard) Remember 1 black wire to a green wire.

3. Check if the SMPS fan is rotating. If its not, time to get a new SMPS.

a very nice & easy way to check a PSU's current status. thanks man.

My friend had a similar experience.His PC wasnt starting immediately when he swtch it on.It was taking 5 min or so to start.It started after he put a 9400GT to the rig.His config was an old p4,asus mobo etc it was upgraded from an OEM PC.I told him that its SMPS problem and I went to check it.After opening the PC I was shocked; the rig was running in a 200W SMPS :shock: What would be the actual out put ? 140-150W? He was playing games in that rig :lol: Splinter Cell DA ran fine in that condition :p.Then a Zebronics 450W Sata Plus was fitted and the prob solved.

200W? that PSU didn't have enough power to blow up :-D also P4 are highly power hungry as made on 90-130nm node.

no no i have 450w supply

it doesn't matter. your PSU's fan mechanism is dead. get it checked & than repaired/replaced.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
you never told us which brand & model of SMPS you have! (just curious which one you have :p )

Top Bottom