[PC] Grand Theft Auto V

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So basically we must have internet always to run the game? That shite Rockstar activation thing will run at every launch?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
looks like it. I see game verifies itself each time.

Lol so in case my broadband is down I won't be able up launch the game. This is a wonderful process.

I hope there's a back door to this.

PS: Could someone answer to my previous query, the storage related one? Why the installation didn't take any extra space and all that?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
PS: Could someone answer to my previous query, the storage related one? Why the installation didn't take any extra space and all that?

It doesn't need installation because files are already decompressed on the go while downloading. Steam act as the DRM here.

The game only tries to install the specific directX and some other dependencies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It doesn't need installation because files are already decompressed on the go while downloading. Steam act as the DRM here.

The game only tries to install the specific directX and some other dependencies.

Okay, that's all right. I don't understand why everyone said that I'd need 120 GB space then! Even in Steam community the same was told.

Alok

Adventurer
Okay, that's all right. I don't understand why everyone said that I'd need 120 GB space then! Even in Steam community the same was told.

because that time everyone installed using pre load files which needed unpacking. 59 gb pre load files were kept as backup until unpacking is done in a separate folder (60 gb); so you must have 120 GB free back then. Now there are no preload files , you get game files directly hence no upacking is performed and you only need 60 GB.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i am also facing this issue, so are all the AMD+Intel switchable graphics users: *support.rockstargames.com/hc/commu...ns/203308668-GTA-V-on-Laptop-Issues-Intel-AMD
Rockstar and AMD both still are pending on their patches.

It works on Nvidia+Intel combo, problem is with Intel+AMD switchable combo.

yeah strange that :(
though Nvidia users also seem to be facing issues but not as many as AMD switchable

- - - Updated - - -

I see. What did they say to your ticket ?

not yet replied :(
will update when they do

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
amd drivers suck. never get a laptop with amd switchable graphics. its a trap.

actually its equally bad on all AMD switchable
AMD Enduro has come a long way and is more or less equal to Nvidia optimus
My vaio has a Nvidia Optimus config(not powerful enough to run GTA V though :( ),my dell has a AMD enduro config
I prefer Leshcat Drivers anyways ,hated Dells non-functional ones(AMD card was never turning on)
AMD Omega is a massive improvement so far though

Piyush

Lanaya
Pro tip:

Q: What do you lose when you die in GTA online by some random guy?
A: Nothing actually. Apart from your ego.

Last edited:

beingGamer

In the zone
So they saying they fixed lot of crash issues and other things

News - All News

- - - Updated - - -

These videos made from director mode in gta v were pretty nice

And this is a funny one

Last edited by a moderator:

dizzy

Broken In
did the new patch fix the duel GPU problems? I didnt even get to play the story mode as it crashes and crashes at the bank robbery... so i downloaded save game file now roaming the city!! trying to steal fighter jets! sometimes i go to groove street and cry for cj and pj and whoever im missing so puckoff!

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I hated his introduction

Trevor's Intro :

After making us play with him for a game atleast thy should have given some more screen time and then a better death.

This game world reminds of the first The Fast and the Furious. It'd be nice to have an addon game on that lines.

Top Bottom