All my requirements are fulfilled by this config:
Intel core i3 2100
Asus P8h67 m le
corsair 4gb 1333 Mhz DDR3
WD 500 SATA
Sapphire HD 5670 512 MD Gddr5
FSP Saga II 500w
Zebronics Bijli

I wanted to know whether i shoul go for this motherboard or Intel Dh67BL Or intel DH67bl or other h61 chipset based motherboard for this config. one of the pci sloots on the mobo is going to be aken by the graphic card, so i wanted to know that in the future if i want to add a wlan card whther it will be posiible or not. for the choice between h67 and h61 i would also like to inform you that this rig will not be updates for the next 3 yrs.

will also like to know whether to go for 1*4gb or 2* 2gb
thanks

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is your motherboard's specification page: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8H67-M LE

You see, after inserting your graphic card in the PCIe x16 slot, you will still have a PCI slot and a PCIe x4 slot free. You can use those to add a WLAN adapter.

Moreover, you also get USB WLAN dongles these days. You can also use them.

My suggestion would be sticking with ASUS P8H67-M LE. (2 RAM slots) So get 1*4GB.

d3p

PowerHouse
Highlighting the basic difference..

Intel DH67BL has 4 RAM Slots which supports upto 32GB 1333MHz...refer the below pics..

Two PCI x4 for expansion cards..

*www.intel.com/Assets/Image/prodlarge/DH67BL_lg.jpg

Whereas the Asus P8H67-M LE has only two RAM Slots supporting upto 16GB 1333MHz..

One x4 for expansion..
*www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H67M_LE/websites/Global/products/anRBLQ8WEKcWZHSt/oCmAiHVw4xbeXx4m_500.jpg

If possible then fill this up for possible combination of config..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ He had created a thread before: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/140856-pc-config-under-30k.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
None of the H61 mobos support Multi GPU configuration. Some of the H67 mobos are having 2 PCI Express X16 slot but in X16-X4 mode and only support Crossfire. But the 2nd graphics card will be seriously bottlenecked due to the X4 bandwidth of the 2nd PCI Express X16 slot.

Let us know your budget and items to buy so that we can suggest you optimum solution.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup. X16 + X4 is only good for some midrange card Xfire at best like HD5770. but a single HD6950 will be a better choice.

OP
R

rajat100493

Legendary!!!
None of the H61 mobos support Multi GPU configuration. Some of the H67 mobos are having 2 PCI Express X16 slot but in X16-X4 mode and only support Crossfire. But the 2nd graphics card will be seriously bottlenecked due to the X4 bandwidth of the 2nd PCI Express X16 slot.

Let us know your budget and items to buy so that we can suggest you optimum solution.

This Pc is actually for my parents and will be used by me atmost for a month. and i'll never opt for a muilti gpu option, so i think i should go for this config:
i3 2100
Intel DH61WW (no usb 3.0 or esata cause i wont be needing it)
corsair 2*2gb 1333Mhz
Seagate 500GB HDD
Sapphire HD5670 1gb Gddr5
FSP Saga II 500W
Zebronics Bijli Cabinet

What say guys?? Good for casual gaming for a month and then for future use by my parents ???

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Good config bro. But I think you can also opt for AMD Athlon II X4 quad core and an AMD mobo which will come a lot lesser than the 2100 based config. Also for Gfx card now get the HD 6670, available @ 5.5K

manujohn

Journeyman
Since it is for your parents and for normal usage, get the Intel DH61WW @ 3.5k IMO... Also as suggested buy Cilus, you can opt for an Athlon based AMD rig either.

OP
R

rajat100493

Legendary!!!
Good config bro. But I think you can also opt for AMD Athlon II X4 quad core and an AMD mobo which will come a lot lesser than the 2100 based config. Also for Gfx card now get the HD 6670, available @ 5.5K

hey actually i stay in agra, and one of my cousin's bought an amd setup last year. the processors caused problems... etc etc.. and there no proper amd service available in agra and he got the proccy repaired 2-3 tiumes and finally got pissed with it. i Would be leaving Agra for higher studies so i dont want my parents troubled ::::::0

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^

Two reasons which could be:

1) Poor motherboard
2) Poor power supply.

Too bad the processor gets the blame.

Cilus

laborare est orare
In this forum a lot of members (including me) are using AMD based configs for a long time and extremely happy with it. I think the problem was with the mobo or SMPS as ico suggested. And even if the processor is faulty, that does provide any concluding idea. You can find a lot of person with faulty Intel processors or mobo.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
hey actually i stay in agra, and one of my cousin's bought an amd setup last year. the processors caused problems... etc etc.. and there no proper amd service available in agra and he got the proccy repaired 2-3 tiumes and finally got pissed with it. i Would be leaving india for higher studies so i dont want my parents troubled ::::::0

^+1
It might have more likely been an SMPS/Power issue...than a CPU issue...

OP
R

rajat100493

Legendary!!!
for once i also thought tog o with amd ones cause they are reliable in my sight as well as less costlier but parents would'nt believe and said to stick with intel. :lol: atleast if this intel come out to be bad they would have nothing to say to me :)

Top Bottom