PC Buying Guide - March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajan1311

Padawan
anyone here has any experience in softmodding desktop graphics cards in to workstation ones? would do great for 3D workstations...

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
should i add mouse pads to configs..?

@vickybat
where are you?

needed to bridge the large gap between 50k and 85k..!!

Sub 70k (Mid range gaming)

Intel Core i5 760 @ 9.8k
Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 @ 6.4k
G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1333 Ripjaws CL7 @ 3.7k
Sapphire HD6870 @ 14.5k
Seagate ITB 7200.12 @ 2.8k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
CM 690 II Plus @ 5.3k
Benq G2420HD @ 11k
Razer Death Adder @ 2.2k
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 @ 1k
APC 1000VA @ 5k
Altec Lansing VS2621 @ 1.6k

Total - 68.9k

AMD Option -

AMD Phenom II x4 965BE @ 9k
MSI 880GMA E45 @ @ 5.5k

Total - 67.1k

open for changes..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hi jas. Was a bit busy. Sorry for the delay in post. About the highend htpc parts , below i've mentioned the peripherals other than the htpc itself which are required for a highend htpc.

AVR ( Audio Video Receiver)-The pc will be hooked into this through than hdmi cable and not directly to the lcd or plasma panel.

Denon AVR 1611 @ 30K 5.1 SUPPORT (most vfm)
Denon AVR 1911 @ 45K 7.1 SUPPORT( The us edition supports 7.2)
Denon AVR 2311 @ 60K
Denon AVC A1HD @ 340K (For enthusiast speakers)
Onkyo TX-SR505/506 @ 24K
Onkyo TX-SR608 @ 45K
Onkyo TX-SR875 @90K
Pioneer SC-LX81 @ 118K
Sony STR-DA5400ES @ (Not available through sony india but costs $2000 in us)
Yamaha RX-V365 @ 25K
Yamaha RX-V465 @ 35K
Yamaha RX-V665 @ 50K
Yamaha RX-V1900 @ 116K
Yamaha RX-V3900 @ 150k
Yamaha DSP Z7 @ 270K
Yamaha DSP Z11 @ 470K

Working on the speakers part. Will post soon.:mrgreen:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@jassy, keep both config same. no need change. but i am skeptical about the board. if its good enough.

also for the AMD rig, Phenom II X4 965 will do good.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar

Should opt for a p55 based board rather rather than h55.
Msi p55 cd53 or msi p55 gd65 would be better.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@sammy and vickybat
i too have the same problem of board. Not able to find a good one. GD65 not good until a bios update.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hey happy b'day jaskanwar.

For the p55 boards check these out:

Gigabyte GA P55 UD2 @ 6.4K
Gigabyte GA P55 UD3R @ 10K
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 @ 8.5K
MSI P55 CD53
MSI P55 GD55 @ 6.4K
ASUS P7P55D @ 10K
ASROCK P55 PRO
ECS P55 H-A

Did you like the AVR list JAS ?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks baba and vickybat.......i am researching on the mobos you mentioned vickybat..but you need to tell which AVR to include as i dont know about these..:-D

@manishjha18
its updated on the front page after suggestions from forum members...

edited to 965BE sammy....

@vickybat
Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 @ 6.4k looks good in no CF options..

Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 is a great ocer and performer but are you sure of the price you mentioned...

found Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P @ 11.5k to be a nice high end p55 performer..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
thanks baba and vickybat.......i am researching on the mobos you mentioned vickybat..but you need to tell which AVR to include as i dont know about these..:-D

@manishjha18
its updated on the front page after suggestions from forum members...

edited to 965BE sammy....

@vickybat
Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 @ 6.4k looks good in no CF options..

Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 is a great ocer and performer but are you sure of the price you mentioned...

found Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P @ 11.5k to be a nice high end p55 performer..

Jas the ud2 is listed in lynx india as 6.6k. Asked my dealer and he said it to be around 6.4k. The board is definitely around that price.

Talking about AVR'S , you can list the denon avr 1611 and 1911 as mid range options. Even the onkyo sr608 is good. For high end avr's denon's 2311 is good and you can pick any model pricewise cause all are good and have five star ratings in whathifi.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Jas the setup will comprise of an avr , an htpc , a speaker set and of course a large display.

The avr will be sort of a media hub. It consists of a master hdmi and several other hdmi ports. The display will be connected to the master port so the avr upscales and feeds video signals to the display.

On the remaining hdmi ports, one can hook an htpc, portable media players, game consoles , settop boxes etc. These work as feeding the inputs to the avr and the output is channelled to the master hdmi and onto the display. Now where the avr shines is its ability to decode muliple audio and use high end speakers for proper amplification which is not possible with only an htpc.

The avr has tuners. preamps and power amps to effectively amplify the audio signals for that immersive experience. The decoders can decode digital audio formats such as dts.

Refer this and in the meantime i'll post the speaker list.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yup you got that right jas. Still not ready with the speakers yet. The list is long but will post asap when its done.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hi Jas, 1st of all belated happy birth day. Hope you to be continuing the fantastic performance in Digit forum and may you be the "Lord of Data" of all the other tech forums in future.

Regarding your Xigmatek product query, in Indian market they have cabinet, PSU of different ranges, Cooling Fans and fan controllers. Please visit to this link to have the list of item available.

Now one generic suggestion for you. While suggesting mid or lower mid range PCs try to make it Jack of all treads. It will offer the user some excellent add on features.
For example in your Mid range HTPC section, the graphics card suggested in HD 5450. It cannot perform anything other than HTPC purpose. The only thing is it is having Dx11. Now in a HTPC setup, DX11 support does not going to matter. So we can change it to XFX HD 4650 1 GB @ 3.3K or ASUS HD 4670 1 GB @ 3.9K. This card will do their HTPC job fine and also provide some firepower for gaming.
So the user can have the added benefit of casual gaming.

Hope this suggestion will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom