PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
12 Heatpipes? Me likes, anyway vertical orientation looks like could interfere with top pci card, but good none the less.

venram87700

Learnin in progress
Guys just got myself a new beast the msi twin frozr ii hd 6950 2 gb gfx card got it from prime abgb today for 16000 will install it in my pc tomorrow i also got 3 cooler master fans two with led 1 without led will take pictures and post it once i have the beast installed on my comp... Cheers !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys just got myself a new beast the msi twin frozr ii hd 6950 2 gb gfx card got it from prime abgb today for 16000 will install it in my pc tomorrow i also got 3 cooler master fans two with led 1 without led will take pictures and post it once i have the beast installed on my comp... Cheers !!!!!!!!!!! :d
Nice, any reason not to buy the 6950 TFIII Power edition?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys just got myself a new beast the msi twin frozr ii hd 6950 2 gb gfx card got it from prime abgb today for 16000 will install it in my pc tomorrow i also got 3 cooler master fans two with led 1 without led will take pictures and post it once i have the beast installed on my comp... Cheers !!!!!!!!!!! :d

Congrats!!! And same question as tkin: why not the TFIII?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
buddy asymmetric cfx performs very good in dx11 games. prob is with dx10/9 games. maybe amd will fix the issue.

and i am not going to replace that 35k config. we are just giving llano for reference.

the thing is - Asymmetric Crossfire
AnandTech - The AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano on the Desktop

very nice.

but no such ram model exists buddy.

got the model name from lynx but you're right there's no such model and I have made a mistake as well - it's not a 4GB single stick rather it's 2x 2GB sticks and I think this is the right model name for this 2000 Mhz Kit ;-)

G-Skill F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD (2Gx2)

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

congrats. now for some serious oc action?

got the model name from lynx but you're right there's no such model and I have made a mistake as well - it's not a 4GB single stick rather it's 2x 2GB sticks and I think this is the right model name for this 2000 Mhz Kit ;-)

G-Skill F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD (2Gx2)

i think then that 1600mhz ram will suffice?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
For an AMD setup 1600Mhz will suffice because their CPUs are not strong enough to use all the bandwidth they have available.

In fact HT 3.1 has over twice the bandwidth vs QPI lol.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
For an AMD setup 1600Mhz will suffice because their CPUs are not strong enough to use all the bandwidth they have available.

In fact HT 3.1 has over twice the bandwidth vs QPI lol.

see this -
AnandTech - The AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano on the Desktop
we are talking of integrated gpu. it likes more speed.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Oh that.

Obviously that is expected. GDDR5 is a much faster architecture than DDR3.

I thought you were referring to CPU performance :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 118788

NZXT Source 210 Elite With USB 3.0 (A Cheapstake Case)
NZXT Source 210 Elite Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp

Will Be Available @ PrimeABGB.
NZXT Source 210 Elite Mid Tower Cabinet

Tenida

Gadget Freak
As you all know gigabyte/msi z68 full atx board with virtue is not available in kolkata.Should i go for ASUS z68 vpro but i am afraid of rashi people.GUYS TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I.DO????

venram87700

Learnin in progress
Will certainly post the pics once i install it will hopefully be done by today eve ... @tkin and topgear
cudnt get the TF III anywhere in the market and even after searching the whole of lamington rd market for the card the only place i got the card available was Prime and they also only had 1 piece of this card in stock the other place i asked said that they did not stock any high end cards and that if i payed an advance amt they will have it shipped over from chennai in 3 days and have it ready for me i did not have that much time in hane coz of office and also heard that TF III would have cost around 2K more infact buying this card and the fans ive already blown my whole month's salary in 1 shot bt anyways hope this card will satisfy all my needs till now until i need another card all i can do is keep my fingers crossed
and also the quote i got for the MSI HD 6970was 21K from another vendor and the ASUS version of 6950 is also 18K

Cilus

laborare est orare
Oh that.

Obviously that is expected. GDDR5 is a much faster architecture than DDR3.

I thought you were referring to CPU performance :facepalm:

From where did you get GDDR5 ram? The review Jas has given also showing DDR3 ram performance. The AMD integrated GPU in Llano does not use separate GDDR5 memory, it uses the same DDR3 memory your system is using, with same king of X86-X64 memory architecture as the processor. Actually all we are trying to highlight that with more higher clocked DDR3 memory, the IGP performance of Llano GPU is also getting increased.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
No, that is not what I menat.

I meant that if the IGPU would get dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, it would perform better due to higher speeds and data transfer rates vs the DDR3 system RAM that is being used.

An 3600Mhz (900 actual, Afterburner report as 1800) GDDR5 would be faster than 2Ghz (1000 Actual) DDR3 RAM.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, that is actually the next plan from the motherboard manufacturers like ECS, Asrock and Gigabyte. They are gonna provide minimum of 128 MB GDDR3 memory (not sure if GDDR5 has been planned or not) to increase memory bandwidth.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think then that 1600mhz ram will suffice?

If we can suggest 2000 Mhz ram why stick with 1600 Mhz and read this :

Across our seven titles we found that on average DDR3-1600 resulted in a 12.6% increase in performance over DDR3-1333 at 1024 x 768. Moving up to higher resolutions only increased the advantage by under 2%. Using DDR3-1866 showed around a 20% increase in performance over DDR3-1333.
- source

So why would we want to sacrifice 7.4% performance just for 500 bucks but if you are sure that G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL can run at 1866 Mhz feel free to suggest it for Liano rigs ;-)

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
If we can suggest 2000 Mhz ram why stick with 1600 Mhz and read this :

- source

So why would we want to sacrifice 7.4% performance just for 500 bucks but if you are sure that G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL can run at 1866 Mhz feel free to suggest it for Liano rigs ;-)

TP i know. but i wasnt able to find a single 4gb 2000mhz stick. thats why.

and G.skill rams are good overclockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom