PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Indeed.They already phased it out.(happens within 3 months of new launch)

My point was that an existing 5770/50 user can buy a 6770/50 and CF with each other without worries.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ guys, its a Buying advice thread, not an individual opinion thread.

Keep such things out, being an experts in TDF.

tkin

Back to school!!
Quick, advice needed, WD Black 1TB(the new model) good drive? If not anything else?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Price?

Which model Caviar Black, Blue of Green?

If its black and SATA III and costs ~3k inclusive of taxes then pretty good.

tkin

Back to school!!
Price?

Which model Caviar Black, Blue of Green?

If its black and SATA III and costs ~3k inclusive of taxes then pretty good.
3k? No way in hell, anyway this is the model: Buy WD Caviar Black | WD Caviar Black 64MB Cache

Its the 1TB black and costs 4.3k+tax here. Price is fine, want to know the performance.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Dont get this model cuz it is SATA II and old.4.3k is too expensive.

Caviar black is good performer but 2TB seagate 5.9k RPM comes for ~6k.

this one is what im talking about:Seagate Barracuda Green SATA 6Gbs 2TB | Buy Seagate Barracuda SATA in India

it performs pretty well.My bro got it for his setup.

This is the best model IMHO:

Seagate Barracuda XT SATA 6Gbs 2TB Hard Drive

At upto 7200 RPM that is.

If you wat WD 1TB then get this:

*techshop.in/store/western-digital-...-buy-online-india-p-5591.html?cPath=320_23_40

its the newer SATA III model.

tkin

Back to school!!
No way I am buying green drives, enough slow cr@p, have one green drive already, need no more, this one needs to be the fastest 7.2k rpm and 1TB is fine.

tkin

Back to school!!
I think MD has the newer model, not the old one, anyway is the new model(FAEX) good? I might buy that.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
yeah its good.it has 5 years warranty in case of any problem.

I have not had any problems from my old Caviar SE16 320GB yet :D

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, for PSU I think it is time to look beyond Corsair, Seasonic and FSP. There are some old PSU makers are getting mainstream in India who offer superb performance in a very reasonable price. Here I'm talking about Xigmatek. In fact, in nVidia's recommended PSU list, they are on the top order.

In mediahome.in I found a superb value for money product, Xigmatek NRP-PC702, available @ 5.2K.
It is a 80 + bronze certified PSU with whopping 648W current to its dual 12V rail.
Checked some reviews and found out that it actually can deliver almost 790W of power and can get past 80+ bronze rating easily. Here is the Kitguru review where it got a 5/5 rating. It offers superb handling of Voltage ripple, stable in even the extremest load condition which is not a real life case and a superb protection circuit. In hardwareheaven review, the conclusion is:-
To sum up, the Xigmatek NRP-PC702 is a high quality, dependable power supply with exceptional electrical efficiency and excellent overall performance. It should be at the top of most people’s shortlist when looking to purchase a reliable power supply which offers very balanced performance, especially for those who mostly care about the electrical efficiency of their systems.
Check the review here
What do you say guys, enough to be recommended for our June PC Building?
In Kolkata, M.D is having Xigmatek products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom